2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

a) No offers made

b) Not rushing to get hires done before early signing day next Wednesday.

So if I take this as what he said and implied that means he sleeps in on Thursday and then goes into the office and decides who he hires. If things go well then offers are made on Thursday and at the earliest accepted Friday. So, please explain what I misunderstood.

Not rushing to make a hire by a certain date doesn't mean he won't make a hire by a certain date

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

I mean it seems like he did. We did it much less after the first half of the season 

It seems like really starting in the 2nd half of KSU our defense simplified and played significantly better overall.   Of course, then our offense decided to shit the bed the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

Any chance we are waiting for Alabama’s season to end? 
Does Herman still have a comfort level with a certain analyst? 

their season is over...no CFP game

Texas isn't waiting on Applewhite at this point in time. if they were, they would have gone to him before GH

in case anyone is curious, their other offensive analysts (there are 12) are:

• Butch Jones
  • Major Applewhite
  • AJ Milwee (interesting dude if you read about him)
  • Alex Mortenson

Just now, NoName said:

Texas isn't waiting on Applewhite at this point in time. if they were, they would have gone to him before GH

I'm gunna guess they're not going after Applewhite myself, but, I disagree with the latter part of your statement. Based off of what little we know right now to begin with, would we even know if they had spoken with Applewhite?

Just now, UncleBuck said:

I'm gunna guess they're not going after Applewhite myself, but, I disagree with the latter part of your statement. Based off of what little we know right now to begin with, would we even know if they had spoken with Applewhite?

i think that if they had interviewed and offered the job to Major Applewhite, of all people, he would have taken it by now and we would have heard something. he isn't staying at Bama to be an analyst through whatever bowl game it is.

i meant that if they had made an offer to him he would have taken it by now. i just wasn't clear there, sorry

Quiet Period December 15th, 2019

A quiet period occurs when a coach at an NCAA institution cannot have any in-person contact with a prospective student-athlete or their parents outside of the colleges campus. Coaches can't go to see any of the athlete's sporting events or their practices.

Dead Period starts December 16, 2019

What is a dead period? During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

So maybe something right before early signing day?

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

their season is over...no CFP game

in case anyone is curious, their other offensive analysts (there are 12) are:

• Butch Jones
  • Major Applewhite
  • AJ Milwee (interesting dude if you read about him)
  • Alex Mortenson

spacer.pngmaxresdefault.jpg

Yes.

• Like 3

I struggle to see the son of Bill Belichick, a kid who has literally been raised around professional NFL players and practice habits, expectations, etc, being the kind of guy who's going to mesh well with a bunch of 18-22 year old kids learning how to be professionals. And that's before you factor in whether this kid has his old man's same negative charisma and personality, which, well, if the pictures are accurate seems to 100% be the case. 

He seems more like the guy with NFL expectations that will dismiss anyone who falls short of that as being an idiot, or a pussy, and run them over and blame them as opposed to doing what it takes to maximize the talent. And we've already had too many of those on staff already, and the biggest one of all is still our head coach. So I could be 100% wrong, the way everyone was about Herm Edwards, but this seems like a bad, bad fucking idea. At least Edwards had an extensive history of working with and wanting to mentor young kids. 

After talking with several sources this week, #Texas may need to go back to the drawing board as this situation draws out ... Details
54bcd2058fed1bc7c0c0536f2041307a_normal.Horns247. @Horns247
Eyes of Texas: Latest on #Texas waiting game, what we're hearing from #USC side of the Graham Harrell situation and much more! https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-Eyes-of-Texas-Tom-Herman-staff-changes-Graham-Harrell-Chris-Ash-Tim-Beck-Todd-Orlando-140344588/

3:04 PM · Dec 12, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I struggle to see the son of Bill Belichick, a kid who has literally been raised around professional NFL players and practice habits, expectations, etc, being the kind of guy who's going to mesh well with a bunch of 18-22 year old kids learning how to be professionals. And that's before you factor in whether this kid has his old man's same negative charisma and personality, which, well, if the pictures are accurate seems to 100% be the case. 

He seems more like the guy with NFL expectations that will dismiss anyone who falls short of that as being an idiot, or a pussy, and run them over and blame them as opposed to doing what it takes to maximize the talent. And we've already had too many of those on staff already, and the biggest one of all is still our head coach. So I could be 100% wrong, the way everyone was about Herm Edwards, but this seems like a bad, bad fucking idea. At least Edwards had an extensive history of working with and wanting to mentor young kids. 

I'm guessing you didn't see his interview that went viral last week? He 100% has the same negative charisma and personality. 

24 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

After talking with several sources this week, #Texas may need to go back to the drawing board as this situation draws out ... Details
54bcd2058fed1bc7c0c0536f2041307a_normal.Horns247. @Horns247
Eyes of Texas: Latest on #Texas waiting game, what we're hearing from #USC side of the Graham Harrell situation and much more! https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-Eyes-of-Texas-Tom-Herman-staff-changes-Graham-Harrell-Chris-Ash-Tim-Beck-Todd-Orlando-140344588/

3:04 PM · Dec 12, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

tumblr_m22ld2mCNr1rsk72no1_500.gif