Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean he is not the head coach at Ohio State. How would becoming a head coach someplace else, a place that rarely ever plays Ohio State, be counter to his love for Ohio State?

Because he would for sure take at least one person from their staff, if not more and end their recruiting run in Texas. Urban to Texas is bad for Ohio St. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

If we beat Kansas St, and we should beat them after we sweat out a 3 point victory after out gaining them 2:1 in yards, we still technically have the Kansas game. I talked to someone I trust in the AD office who told me the Kansas game will be played assuming no Covid issues. That makes me wonder about the timing now if we win tomorrow. Is Texas the kind of school to fire a coach after a win? 

If it really has to come down to these last two games, after everything that has already happened this year, then we deserve eternal mediocrity. 

7 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Yeah, I have a pretty good reason to believe those accounts have contacts on both the Texas BMD and sports agency sides. @derpyhorndog found this regarding Urban's agent awhile ago, but maybe someone has other info? Agents and BMDs really seem like the most likely sources of the confidence and both RGL and @reneg_2 have been on similar timelines in their confidence, so they could have the same or similar sources.

Wanted to correct this find by @derpyhorndog. It seems like this is a scam. Lots of people on twitter claiming that this "agent" is listing celebrities as his client when they actually aren't.  https://twitter.com/search?q=Sharron Elkabas&src=recent_search_click&f=live 

Anyone know who Urban's agent is?

6 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

Apparently there is a 247 report update that said Meyer said if he was presses for an answer about wanting to coach again, the answer would be no.  Just trying to change his mind

Haven't you said "it's happening" before? Have you changed your opinion?

Also still can't believe it'd get this far without him deciding if he wants to coach again.

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'd take Bill O'Brien hands down, I think, over the name that motherfucker floated to us in a chat group earlier this week. It was so bad about 2 or 3 of us assumed he was trolling. When he swore us to secrecy, one chat person made the correct and insightful response of "I'd be too embarrassed to share this with anyone."

Adam Gase

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

If it really has to come down to these last two games, after everything that has already happened this year, then we deserve eternal mediocrity. 

I just assumed the Kansas game would not be played. Apparently because of the LHN everyone’s expectation is for sure it’s on. Texas and Kansas are operating under that assumption. That means if we win tomorrow, Herman is the coach for at least another week unless we do something totally outside of our MO and fire a coach after a win. 

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FCB not that this is worth a shit

Good Morning Horns247!!

— A push by Texas big-money donors to lure three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer out of the television studio at FOX and back into coaching continues, a source close to the situation told Horns247.

Meyer told intermediaries for UT on Monday if he was pressed for an answer about wanting to coach again, the answer would be no, the source said.

So they’ve given Meyer more time and perhaps an offer they hope he won’t refuse.

Of course, Texas currently has a coach in Tom Herman, who has been told by athletic director Chris Del Conte he'll be evaluated at the end of the season.

The attempt to lure Meyer, who has received interest from a couple NFL teams, is a high-stakes gamble by UT's big-money donors, who would be the ones financing the nearly $25 million buyout of Herman and his coaching staff. If it fails, and the buyout money evaporates, with the athletic department already facing a $53 million shortfall for the 2020-21 school year, could Texas retain Herman as the head coach? Time will tell.

In other college coaching news, if Michigan lets go of Jim Harbaugh as football coach, Iowa State's Matt Campbell would be a leading candidate and would be interested, industry sources said.

— Anyone thinking Texas’ last game of the regular season at Kansas might not be played should think again.

A source close to the situation told Horns247 that game is worth $3.5 million in television revenue and will be played.

— I’m told San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan, a former Longhorn walk-on receiver after transferring from Duke, isn’t interested in coaching college football. 

But Shanahan has strongly recommended his defensive coordinator Robert Saleh as a head-coaching candidate to anyone who will listen.

Saleh is being pushed by 49ers’ defensive back Richard Sherman as a candidate to coach the Detroit Lions, who just fired Matt Patricia as their head coach.

— With Texas redshirt junior left tackle Samuel Cosmi opting out of the last two games, the Longhorns have prepared for Saturday’s game at Kansas State with a new-look offensive line.

Christian Jones has moved from right tackle to left tackle. Derek Kerstetter has moved from center to right tackle, and freshman Jake Majors has taken over at center.

Junior Angilau continues to start at left guard, while Denzel Okafor continues to start at right guard.

Angilau has started every game this season despite playing with a severe case of patellar tendinitis in his left knee.

— While team captains - left tackle Samuel Cosmi and safety Caden Sterns - announced this week they are opting out of Texas' final two games of the season to prepare for the NFL Draft, junior captain outside linebacker Joseph Ossai continues to play for the Longhorns.

The 6-foot-4, 253-pound Ossai could end up as Texas’ highest draft pick if he declares for the 2021 NFL Draft.

Ossai is second on the team in tackles with 52, including a Big 12-leading 14 tackles for loss. Ossai also has four sacks, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

Chip Brown behind as usual. “Meyer told intermediaries from UT on Monday...”

Remember when we also heard things were no bueno on Monday? This is just outdated news he’s peddling for clicks.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Haven't you said "it's happening" before? Have you changed your opinion?

Also still can't believe it'd get this far without him deciding if he wants to coach again.

The guys i have talked to have been pretty solid in the past, i just dont know where 247 is hearing this.  There is too much tied up in this for it to not happen.

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

worst posible choice in history:

clappy or fisher?

would have to go with clappy.  fisher pressers would at least offer some entertainment value.

This is actually a really easy decision IMO. I think Garrett might actually be underrated nowadays because Cowboys fans are stupid and unrealistic. Look at what's happened to the team this year. I know some of it is Dak being out, but they suck at basically every aspect of football.  They don't have the talent that the fans think they have/had. And he's doing good things with Daniel Jones this year too.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Garrett ends up with another HC job in the NFL and is successful. The Cowboys organization is garbage. Jeff Fisher is also garbage.

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

It is happening. I told you so,, weeks ago. It's been happening since 10/10, after #MensaTom completely fucked up the end-game twice in a row and lost to TCU and 0U back to back. Del Conte talked to Urban and got the high sign back then. The next step was waiting for #MensaTom to eliminate himself from the CCG, and that happened last week. There's nothing left to wait for except the lawyers to finish scribbling, and the announcements of coach fired, coach hired. Kick back, stir a big spoonful of mayo into your bulleit, set a platter of McRibs next to your speech-to-text mic and enjoy the ride.

Per my source the BMD wheels were already turning even before the ou sucks loss.

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Important update from Kurt:

If we're waiting for losses - we've had three of those already - each one of them egregious enough to justify firing Herman mid-season.  It shouldn't take one more loss to shit-can Herman and install an interim.

It's like he and FCB are in a contest to see who can put out the shittest reporting this week.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FCB not that this is worth a shit

Good Morning Horns247!!

— A push by Texas big-money donors to lure three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer out of the television studio at FOX and back into coaching continues, a source close to the situation told Horns247.

Meyer told intermediaries for UT on Monday if he was pressed for an answer about wanting to coach again, the answer would be no, the source said.

So they’ve given Meyer more time and perhaps an offer they hope he won’t refuse.

Of course, Texas currently has a coach in Tom Herman, who has been told by athletic director Chris Del Conte he'll be evaluated at the end of the season.

The attempt to lure Meyer, who has received interest from a couple NFL teams, is a high-stakes gamble by UT's big-money donors, who would be the ones financing the nearly $25 million buyout of Herman and his coaching staff. If it fails, and the buyout money evaporates, with the athletic department already facing a $53 million shortfall for the 2020-21 school year, could Texas retain Herman as the head coach? Time will tell.

In other college coaching news, if Michigan lets go of Jim Harbaugh as football coach, Iowa State's Matt Campbell would be a leading candidate and would be interested, industry sources said.

— Anyone thinking Texas’ last game of the regular season at Kansas might not be played should think again.

A source close to the situation told Horns247 that game is worth $3.5 million in television revenue and will be played.

— I’m told San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan, a former Longhorn walk-on receiver after transferring from Duke, isn’t interested in coaching college football. 

But Shanahan has strongly recommended his defensive coordinator Robert Saleh as a head-coaching candidate to anyone who will listen.

Saleh is being pushed by 49ers’ defensive back Richard Sherman as a candidate to coach the Detroit Lions, who just fired Matt Patricia as their head coach.

— With Texas redshirt junior left tackle Samuel Cosmi opting out of the last two games, the Longhorns have prepared for Saturday’s game at Kansas State with a new-look offensive line.

Christian Jones has moved from right tackle to left tackle. Derek Kerstetter has moved from center to right tackle, and freshman Jake Majors has taken over at center.

Junior Angilau continues to start at left guard, while Denzel Okafor continues to start at right guard.

Angilau has started every game this season despite playing with a severe case of patellar tendinitis in his left knee.

— While team captains - left tackle Samuel Cosmi and safety Caden Sterns - announced this week they are opting out of Texas' final two games of the season to prepare for the NFL Draft, junior captain outside linebacker Joseph Ossai continues to play for the Longhorns.

The 6-foot-4, 253-pound Ossai could end up as Texas’ highest draft pick if he declares for the 2021 NFL Draft.

Ossai is second on the team in tackles with 52, including a Big 12-leading 14 tackles for loss. Ossai also has four sacks, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

I know Bobby Burton and some others have said that Chip does actually have some sources in Bellmont, but his stuff reads like it's half compilation from the other three sites, and half fan fiction 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

Apparently there is a 247 report update that said Meyer said if he was presses for an answer about wanting to coach again, the answer would be no.  Just trying to change his mind

He also denied taking the Ohio State job all the way up until he took the Ohio State job. Words are meaningless at this point and action is the thing to watch. No action = good. If we start hearing about option #2 and option #2s name is dropped = bad.

3 minutes ago, RVC2005 said:

The guys i have talked to have been pretty solid in the past, i just dont know where 247 is hearing this.  There is too much tied up in this for it to not happen.

Chip is a mouthpiece for CDC and the last thing CDC or Urban wants right now is for it to leak that Urban has accepted a job that isn't even open yet. What part about this shit don’t we understand by now? We are showing Urban that we can be trusted by making sure it isn't leaked beforehand.

You won't here anything meaningful until Herman is actually canned.

Edited by USMCHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

I know Bobby Burton and some others have said that Chip does actually have some sources in Bellmont, but his stuff reads like it's half compilation from the other three sites, and half fan fiction 

I think he has also been getting fed some stuff from CDC or someone that level directly but CDC won’t leak anything at all about this so he’s grasping at straws desperately

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Because he would for sure take at least one person from their staff, if not more and end their recruiting run in Texas. Urban to Texas is bad for Ohio St. 

They are Ohio State. They have never been bad for multiple years since the 1950s. I think they will be fine, nobody wins like Ohio State and now that they are taking all of our recruits I don't see one or two assistant coaches changing that.

How about they take all of our top recruits and we get a few assistant coaches. Deal Ohio State?

This is from an apparent insider on Ohio State 247. I don't necessarily believe it or anything, but this is what the other side is saying 

From Weds

"What I know regarding Urban

I’m not saying he won’t take the job. But I’m saying it’s 95 percent to me that he won’t take it. There are false reports out there that he reached out about a What-if staff. I know this is untrue because the first call would have been to Mick and I know he hasn’t called Mick about this. Secondly, he would call Mark and that hasn’t happened either. I’m not saying there’s a zero percent chance, but I am saying I think all of this is ridiculous and I know there’s a lot of false reporting out there. If urban entertains it it’s only to take a dig at his wannabe only to pass it up and get the last laugh. One thing I also know that no one is talking about. Urban and Mack are VERY close friends. Not sure if that’s public or not but they are and they talk very frequently. It’s common knowledge that the Texas boosters are insane and run the asylum. Urban hates it when people mettle and he would reject Texas for that reason alone. I have not spoken directly to urban, but guys, based off of who I’ve talked to and what I know about him, this just ain’t happening. "

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

Yesterday the Urban to Texas rumors were picking up steam, I wanted to weigh in and stated that I was 95 percent sure he wasn’t leaving. Then said 99 percent after speaking to more people. Right now I have officially become 100 percent sure beyond a shadow of any and all doubt that Urban will not be going to Texas. It’s just not happening. I would NOT post this if I didn’t have impeccable sources and wasn’t more than a 100 percent sure. There has been a ton of BS about all of this. I will not be commenting further on any of this, but I can assure you that you can take this info to the bank. I thought about saying this all day but a conversation with the last domino just occurred and left me without any doubt. I’m sure a lot of hostility is about to ensue between our base and theirs. I personally love and respect Texas fans and I hope we can treat them with class and respect. We hate Tom, not their fans who did nothing we didn’t do when we thought Urban was coming here. Best of luck to Texas fans and players."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I just assumed the Kansas game would not be played. Apparently because of the LHN everyone’s expectation is for sure it’s on. Texas and Kansas are operating under that assumption. That means if we win tomorrow, Herman is the coach for at least another week unless we do something totally outside of our MO and fire a coach after a win. 

This is so idiotic. I am so looking forward to our lame duck coach on signing day and helping all of our players into the transfer portal.

I cannot wait for that 5-7 season next year. I hope keeping Tom Herman around for several months was worth this steep price we are paying.

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I think he has also been getting fed some stuff from CDC or someone that level directly but CDC won’t leak anything at all about this so he’s grasping at straws desperately

That is what I got out of the article. He is reporting exactly what CDC would hope he would report.

Just now, USMCHorn said:

Chip is a mouthpiece for CDC and the last thing CDC or Urban wants right now is for it leak that Urban has accepted a job that isn't even open yet. What part about this shit don’t we understand by now?

You won't here anything meaningful until Herman is actually canned.

This scenario makes the most sense. Texas is big on image, and CDC seems like he has his shit together. It's a fucked up look to admit to the world you hire people before you have even let anybody go. The coaching search after Urban could hinge on how this situation was handled. No news is good news. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

This is from an apparent insider on Ohio State 247. I don't necessarily believe it or anything, but this is what the other side is saying 

From Weds

"What I know regarding Urban

I’m not saying he won’t take the job. But I’m saying it’s 95 percent to me that he won’t take it. There are false reports out there that he reached out about a What-if staff. I know this is untrue because the first call would have been to Mick and I know he hasn’t called Mick about this. Secondly, he would call Mark and that hasn’t happened either. I’m not saying there’s a zero percent chance, but I am saying I think all of this is ridiculous and I know there’s a lot of false reporting out there. If urban entertains it it’s only to take a dig at his wannabe only to pass it up and get the last laugh. One thing I also know that no one is talking about. Urban and Mack are VERY close friends. Not sure if that’s public or not but they are and they talk very frequently. It’s common knowledge that the Texas boosters are insane and run the asylum. Urban hates it when people mettle and he would reject Texas for that reason alone. I have not spoken directly to urban, but guys, based off of who I’ve talked to and what I know about him, this just ain’t happening. "

From last night

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

Yesterday the Urban to Texas rumors were picking up steam, I wanted to weigh in and stated that I was 95 percent sure he wasn’t leaving. Then said 99 percent after speaking to more people. Right now I have officially become 100 percent sure beyond a shadow of any and all doubt that Urban will not be going to Texas. It’s just not happening. I would NOT post this if I didn’t have impeccable sources and wasn’t more than a 100 percent sure. There has been a ton of BS about all of this. I will not be commenting further on any of this, but I can assure you that you can take this info to the bank. I thought about saying this all day but a conversation with the last domino just occurred and left me without any doubt. I’m sure a lot of hostility is about to ensue between our base and theirs. I personally love and respect Texas fans and I hope we can treat them with class and respect. We hate Tom, not their fans who did nothing we didn’t do when we thought Urban was coming here. Best of luck to Texas fans and players."

This guy doesnt know a damn thing

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Yesterday the Urban to Texas rumors were picking up steam, I wanted to weigh in and stated that I was 95 percent sure he wasn’t leaving. Then said 99 percent after speaking to more people. Right now I have officially become 100 percent sure beyond a shadow of any and all doubt that Urban will not be going to Texas. It’s just not happening. I would NOT post this if I didn’t have impeccable sources and wasn’t more than a 100 percent sure.

Leaving? He currently has no job.

But this changes nothing. Tom Herman needs to be fired.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They are Ohio State. They have never been bad for multiple years since the 1950s. I think they will be fine, nobody wins like Ohio State and now that they are taking all of our recruits I don't see one or two assistant coaches changing that.

How about they take all of our top recruits and we get a few assistant coaches. Deal Ohio State?

So I did throw up in my mouth a little looking this up https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/ohio-state/index.html

But your claim isn't entirely true. They were perfectly mediocre to straight up bad between 87 and 92. That weird window where almost no blue blood was worth a shit. 

They also went 21-15 from 99 to 01.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Leaving? He currently has no job.

But this changes nothing. Tom Herman needs to be fired.

He's employed by the OSU AD, but it doesnt matter, because this guy has no clue.  He hasnt been correct on nearly any other "inside" info

Look! Half our insiders are likely en route to Kansas. It’s hard to get reception in some spots on the road and on cruise control they ain’t getting there any time soon. Updates may be slow today. My spies on the ground said they already made one stop. They are under considerable pressure. Obviously. Cut them some slack. 

473D67E9-15DF-48BD-9BD4-BE7C1DA7B8B0.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

"Re Urban to Texas Pt 2

If and when he comes...tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic