Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

I'm obviously biased, but not sold that the Kendra F900 was a nothingburger. No offense to theBigHen and his thirteen posts, but all we heard was that there was no one "recognizably important" on the plane. The theory was it was Urban friends & family, so wouldn't expect them to be. The little we were told was passengers included "a man, a middle aged man, and a woman."

The woman could have been Shelley or a daughter.@ChiTownDoc also said the following yesterday in re to the Sarasota to ATX flight: "Those are people close to Urbs.  Bruce Cassidy is very close to Urban and his family.  He owns the concession golf club in Sarasota.  I’ll let you all connect the dots." Bruce Cassidy is a middle-aged man. As for the third man, no idea, but in theory could be any other friend/family member without more details. 

And all that is underscored by the fact that the report came third-hand from a friend at Atlantic, and theBigHen even noted that "they have strict protocols now after what happened when Saban came to town." Friend could have given theBigHen bad info, not gotten an eye on others on the plane (didn't sound he like he had a close/good vantage point given the very limited and vague details we got), been scouting out the wrong plane - or hell, maybe the friend doesn't exist.

Just saying, not staking my life on the plane being a bonafide hit, we'll probably never know. But way too much went on with it before the ATX landing for me to dismiss it given the above. 

You are my flight tracking hero. God damn good info sir

• Hook 'Em 2

Literal text I got today.  He's not a BMD by any means but he is connected to a lot of people...... I am obviously of a different opinion......I will give him credit though....he was right that we should have hired James Franklin instead of Charlie.

"not a fan of this move . I like Herman . He took over a depleted program and I think has done a decent job. Part of the reason to get rid of him is the issue of the players and the eyes of Texas issue . Cancel culture strikes again ."

Lol getting paid just around 10th highest in the country to be a fringe top 25 team isn’t cancel culture at all. Now we know it’s the right move

16 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Only legitimately good news I've seen on this board in weeks.  If Roach is saying it then Sanders must have already signed the NLI and moved on-campus.

More like he’s already graduated from UT and we are now recruiting his kids.  

Literal text I got today.  He's not a BMD by any means but he is connected to a lot of people...... I am obviously of a different opinion......I will give him credit though....he was right that we should have hired James Franklin instead of Charlie.

"not a fan of this move . I like Herman . He took over a depleted program and I think has done a decent job. Part of the reason to get rid of him is the issue of the players and the eyes of Texas issue . Cancel culture strikes again ."

Lol getting paid just around 10th highest in the country to be a fringe top 25 team isn’t cancel culture at all. Now we know it’s the right move

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Fox Game morning show gonna have a lot of eyes on it. Maybe we could just get UM to say hello to all his kids. He has a daughter named Nicole. My name’s Nicole. If he says her name no matter what color  tie he has on (can see a red one and everyone freaking out) or whatever else he says we know it’s on! Lol. 

UM needs to bust out this ensemble just to fuck with us, if nothing else.

Texas Athletics Town Hall Invitation from Chris Del Conte [Jan. 24, 2020] -  YouTube

• Haha 2

Just now, westexhorn said:

Wouldnt the BMDs have asked regarding plan B long time ago as well?  They must have hashed through all this shit a long while now

one would hope.  the dude got pantsed by Patterson and Riley AGAIN and anyone with a football brain knows the the Tech win was a miracle.  the guy was not ready for this program.  If you want Meyer but are willing to keep Herman if he says no, you DO NOT, under any circumstance, let it get this far. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

And proud of it!  I had it framed myself and at the time, it was what I could afford.  I've thought about having it re-framed but that would require effort, so...

No way!  Keep it.  I'm still rocking mine as well and have no intentions of ever changing it. 

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

you do realize, this puts you in an elite, very exclusive cohort of you, and Randolph Duke.

Anyone looking at it for what it is views it as sadly ironic idiocy. A broken clock is right twice a day, so RandolphDuke getting something right, somewhere, at some point in time, isn't incredibly surprising. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Whoever texted you this, I would like to punch them in the throat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

"So any news?  It’s past noon and it’s my birthday weekend.  Urban Meyer come on down!"
Just like yesterday when I posted:
There is no news.
No news, is good news.
Yep. Any news we get before the game tomorrow is probably gonna be bad.

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

not a BMD but probably had access probably because of Herman.  of course he doesn't want Herman fired.  BMD's get access regardless, the friends of the coach/family know that goes away if Herm gets axed.

1 minute ago, cdain3 said:
6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
"So any news?  It’s past noon and it’s my birthday weekend.  Urban Meyer come on down!"
Just like yesterday when I posted:
There is no news.
No news, is good news.

Yep. Any news we get before the game tomorrow is probably gonna be bad.

He's going to use Big Noon as his platform of rejection isn't he?

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I don't think Urban will pull anyone from Ohio State before the end of their season. Right now, he will put out general feelers. After he is hired, he will reach out to those who said that they might be interested and could start the new job immediately. He will finish out the staff later. This means, for tOSU guys, he will wait until their season is over.

Oversimplifying and projecting.

There are many more factors than what Urban would do and you are projecting what you think Urban would do based on being a former coach there. 

1. Coaches leave before the bowls all the time, it is part of the business and is essential to set yourself up with recruiting for your new job.  I think this is more important than ever with the new early signing date.  It screws with teams in transition more than the old February date did.

2. The other coach has a say in it too.  Do they feel a sense of commitment to stay through the bowl game?  Are they a yes, I'm coming but my start date is Jan 10th guy?

3. There may be multiple levels of targets that change depending on other pieces.  I imagine a guy like Urban might be able to draft his whole staff himself but maybe he wants the OC to pick the OL so key positions may have to be in place first.  Who knows?

Edited by TexasEd

The problem with Plan B is there is no consensus Plan B. Factions have different favorites likely. It’s easy to get full alignment on an up front commitment of tens of millions when its Urban Meyer but not when it’s whoever the fuck out there that isn’t just using us to get a raise. 

32 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Rebuttal for your friend on this:

1) I don't see where cancel culture applies to Herman getting canned

2) Recruiting is in the shitter for the next two classes as of today

3) The Eyes fiasco and Herman blaming everyone but himself

4) You don't lose 3 games in year 4 at UT if you want a year 5+

4 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Why would Mullen leave Florida to come here again???

I don't think he would, but the arguments would be money and easier path to playoffs.  You just don't see successful coaches changing jobs like that though, but the money involved makes this a new era.  What's the closest precedent for a Mullen like move?  Fisher?

Just now, Newy25 said:

The problem with Plan B is there is no consensus Plan B. Factions have different favorites likely. It’s easy to get full alignment on an up front commitment of tens of millions when its Urban Meyer but not when it’s whoever the fuck out there that isn’t just using us to get a raise. 

This is what worries me too.  Esp if CDC's idea of a good NFL coach is Jeff Fucking Fisher

I want him to use Big Noon as a platform for acceptance.  My dream would be CDC has given UM permission to fire Herman on set, for Urban to get a longhorn pin out of his pocket and put it on his suit jacket, put his feet up on the table, pull a cigar out of his pocket, light it as Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart laugh and say "You can't smoke in here!".  He will look at them, smile a sly grin, and Fox will go to commercial as he raises his right hand with the hook'em.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I want him to use Big Noon as a platform for acceptance.  My dream would be CDC has given UM permission to fire Herman on set, for Urban to get a longhorn pin out of his pocket and put it on his suit jacket, put his feet up on the table, pull a cigar out of his pocket, light it as Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart laugh and say "You can't smoke in here!".  He will look at them, smile a sly grin, and Fox will go to commercial as he raises his right hand with the hook'em.

erection GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

I use aggy because its kind of funny in a "collective" description kind of way and its easier than typing Sheep fuckers or corp-turds.  Then again I've never thought this board as the height of social sophistication.  It is possible I'm wrong though because of the way Newy25 has bashed the McRib eating audience.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Dear Penthouse Forum.......

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

This is what worries me too.  Esp if CDC's idea of a good NFL coach is Jeff Fucking Fisher

Look, if you have the opportunity to both get the living embodiment of a 7-9 record AND send a giant, public fuck you to the quarterback who got you your only national championship from the last 50 years in one single spectacular move, how could you say no?

oh christ, the narrative of firing him because of the eyes now.  fuck these people.  the dude couldn't come in second it what at this point might be the worst conference in P5 and will average losing 4-5 games per season being paid top 10 money.  

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic