Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, LarTXHorn said:

Damn that takes me back. The food cart by RLM that had fajita tacos and fried rice? A beef fajita taco, a chicken fajita taco that would get dumped into the fried rice was a great fucking meal. I think those guys in the cart might've gotten busted for selling stolen goods or something? Their fajita had a distinct flavor that i haven't found since.

Yeah, I think that was while I was at school in the early 2000s. Selling stolen dvd players and the like

Yes, clearly different seats, along with a number of other changes. All renovations post-2015 purchase - you can swap out seats. As said, the bones are the same, including the seat configuration. Not to mention there aren't a ton of F 50s out there flying around (they were also discontinued over 10 years ago), particularly those registered to TX owners.
In fact, there's a single F50 (of any year) registered to an Austin owner. This one. 

Agreed, seats don’t mean shit.

Changing the interior structure would be a nightmare and a non-starter on a refit.

50’s are a pretty rare bird. Just not much sense for a tri-jet with a 3k range. My dads plane partner flew one for MCI then he switched to G4’s to cover Europe and Asia. He much preferred the 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yes, clearly different seats, along with a number of other changes. All renovations post-2015 purchase - you can swap out seats. As said, the bones are the same, including the seat configuration. Not to mention there aren't a ton of F 50s out there flying around (they were also discontinued over 10 years ago), particularly those registered to TX owners.

In fact, there's a single F50 (of any year) registered to an Austin owner. This one. 

If you hit the right plane then congrats, but your rationale in the original post is extraordinarily weak. Your argument was that the set of F50s having medium dark wood paneling, 4 place club seating in the front, a forward cabin galley, F50-shaped windows, F50 exit doors, and gold air vents contains only two planes. (By the way, the seat configuration isn't the same. The old interior has a stowable table, and the new does not.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yay! 

He’s turned Penn State into one of the best programs in the sport, going 57-28 overall and 35-23 in the Big Ten since his arrival in 2014.“

Are you fucking kidding me!? Since when is 35-23 one of the best programs in college football?

Maybe CDC and Hartzell aren’t the best people to be handling UT athletics. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LarTXHorn said:

I think those guys in the cart might've gotten busted for selling stolen goods or something?

You just reminded me of that thread we had, what, 10-15 years ago, about guys in white vans, selling speakers. Damn, I’ve read a lot of shit on these boards. Why I’m an idoit today.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

How is it that we have so many connected posters here on Surly and yet none of them are close enough to have solid information

I’ve thought about this since the storm really hit hard this week.

1. No one in the inner circle. UM, wife, agent, Texas team would leak shit...and that Texas team is small.

2. Nothing would come out until Herman is out. This is the big reason for crickets.

3. I’m hoping like others UM not publicly stating he will not coach again is a positive.

4. It’s like a publicly traded company and info gets leaked before earnings...good or bad. This is a no no. And Texas, and UM are pros...it won’t happen until they are ready to say something one way or the other.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

Yay!

He’s turned Penn State into one of the best programs in the sport, going 57-28 overall and 35-23 in the Big Ten since his arrival in 2014.“

lol

Are you fucking kidding me!? Since when is 35-24 one of the best programs in college football? 

Maybe CDC and Hartzell aren’t the best people to be handling UT athletics. 

LOL. I guessed I missed where CDC or Hartzell said any of that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Are they the same company? I wish Ft Collins had more Tex Mex options. Really the only thing I miss about living in Texas. 

Yes.  Surprised there isn’t a Chuys somewhere near you.  They franchised the hell outta those but still only one Hula Hut that I know of.  The Florida Chuys aren’t as good as the original but they are the best Tex Mex in the state.  They make cool local T-shirts too.  Gator themed in Gainesville and Disney in Orlando.  I get a lot of comments on my Juan Solo Chuys shirt when I wear it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Would you have been ok with Franklin before this year?  And I'm not saying I want Franklin

He was in my top 3 choices prior to the start of the season. Incredibly disappointed in what they’ve done this season - but if you look at what he built at Vanderbilt and Penn State (prior to the season) - he’s exactly what CDC is looking for

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jinx said:

Yes.  Surprised there isn’t a Chuys somewhere near you.  They franchised the hell outta those but still only one Hula Hut that I know of.  The Florida Chuys aren’t as good as the original but they are the best Tex Mex in the state.  They make cool local T-shirts too.  Gator themed in Gainesville and Disney in Orlando.  I get a lot of comments on my Juan Solo Chuys shirt when I wear it. 

Get out of this thread, you Jinx!

3 minutes ago, UserIdNotFoundException said:

If you hit the right plane then congrats, but your rationale in the original post is extraordinarily weak. Your argument was that the set of F50s having medium dark wood paneling, 4 place club seating in the front, a forward cabin galley, F50-shaped windows, F50 exit doors, and gold air vents contains only two planes. (By the way, the seat configuration isn't the same. The old interior has a stowable table, and the new does not.)

Sounds like you know more than me about actual planes, I just track them down. Re the stowable table (assume that's the table stored in what runs along the edges of the plane), noticed the same though looked to me like they ripped the table out in favor of wider seats.

As for rationale being weak generally, that wasn't my argument. My argument was that the carl-photographed plane was an F50, the bones lined up and there is only ATX-owned F50 and it's flying to of all places Manhattan, KS and Palm Springs, CA. And in my mind all this is intellectual exercise because the dude who posted the photo confirmed it's the freakin' plane. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Relevant quote:  You ask and ask until Urban can’t say ‘no’. You do what Alabama did to Nick Saban

This. A million times this. Make him an offer not even the most insane could refuse. 

Quote you're referencing is in the video below for anyone interested...

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
34 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:
How is it that we have so many connected posters here on Surly and yet none of them are close enough to have solid information

When CDC's male secretary is here posting all his secrets, it's hard to get much closer than that.

To be fair, it was CDC’s male secretary’s butt buddy (nttawwt)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, LarTXHorn said:

Damn that takes me back. The food cart by RLM that had fajita tacos and fried rice? A beef fajita taco, a chicken fajita taco that would get dumped into the fried rice was a great fucking meal. I think those guys in the cart might've gotten busted for selling stolen goods or something? Their fajita had a distinct flavor that i haven't found since.

Yeah, I think that was while I was at school in the early 2000s. Selling stolen dvd players and the like

1 hour ago, dec3169 said:

Warm is relative.  It was low 30s here this morning near Tyler.  And yeah - I never worried about the 30s until today when my furnace fan died and I have to wait until Monday for the part to come in.  Low 30s with no heat sucks ass.

yeah? Well in the summer my wife will turn on the heater to 85 because she feels like it’s too chilly when she gets out of the shower. Then, forget about it so It will be hotter than outside when I walk in the house. After I turn it back to cool, it takes all night for the house temp to come down to lower 70’s making sleep suck. Then rinse and repeat. 
Ive gotten so overheated I’ve had to go outside to my truck at 3am to sit in the AC for 30 mins. Nothing like waking up in your bed in a sticky sweat. Feels like summer camping. 

wives and the stupid shit they do, amirite 

5 minutes ago, 936horn said:

James Franklin is a fucking loser and buying out Herman to hire him is very very very close to almost as bad as retaining Herman. 

It is not hard to see a scenario where Herman hangs on to his job.  Gets blamed on Covid.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Urban Meyer’s chronic health problems would be concerning IMO.  Perhaps Herman deserves another year to right the ship. 

I posted it before but I’m too lazy to find it so I’ll reiterate: 

imagine having 14,000 rep from political shitposting on a fan site of a school that isn’t even in your conference let alone the one you attended and posting absolute bitchass takes like this one

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

So either Dodd is a moron or CDC is. I know CDC is close to Franklin and has really like him for a while.  I think this year we are seeing the true FRanklin.

Thankfully it won't matter we have a coach and his name is URBAN F'N MEYER

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, senorfussybutt said:

Ugggh... Heim's is so overrated. It's a complete gamble whether you get good brisket or shit brisket. If they were consistent, then I'd be a bigger fan. Their BBQ sides are really good; just think they're brisket quality has gone downhill.

Bought a new car and Heim was doing a BBQ class at the dealership a few days later, so I got to attend.  He either really didn't want to share what his secrets are, or doesn't have an F-ing clue.  His tips were like BBQ 101.  In about 3 hours, I maybe learned 1 new thing.  But there was free beer too, so I was ok.  Also learned about Meat Church rubs, which if you haven't tried, you need to.  He gave samples of his BBQ and it wasn't good.  Give me Pecan Lodge over Heim's all day, every day. 

2 minutes ago, 936horn said:

I posted it before but I’m too lazy to find it so I’ll reiterate: 

imagine having 14,000 rep from political shitposting on a fan site of a school that isn’t even in your conference let alone the one you attended and posting absolute bitchass takes like this one

Hugo is the primary reason I think we should have CR rep and rep for every other part of the site

• Hook 'Em 7

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic