Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

They are doing a weird job of avoiding the Texas-Meyer saga. It’s like going to a strip club with your Baptist mother in law and 3 of your frat bros. You don’t want to look at them tities, but your buds can’t help themselves from buying you lap dances..

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Laxtonto said:

They are doing a weird job of avoiding the Texas-Meyer saga. It’s like going to a strip club with your Baptist mother in law and 3 of your frat bros. You don’t want to look at them tities, but your buds can’t help themselves from buying you lap dances..

Speaking from experience?

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

What did Herbstreit/espn say?

I haven't seen it but I'd bet it is something along the lines of "Texas fans are unreasonable, toxic culture, unfair to coaches, blah blah blah". And then he pretends that this is even remotely different than any other fan base of a blue-blood program. In short:

Emotion Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ha ha! First thing Urban said he did this morning is check the weather (for his flight) for the Michigan State v Ohio State game because weather is always a factor. GMAB he checked Surly first.

Ah, you heard that too...

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

As he should be.

Bullshit.  He’s saying UT fans are horrible with unreasonable expectations.  He’s a hypocrite.  He moved out of Ohio because their fans are so freaking nuts they were harassing his kids.   

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't think Urban will be in Austin until Sunday evening or Monday.

1. You let the players grieve the loss of Herman (at least the ones who haven't already quit playing for him)

2. Urban is working today, sure he could have packed for a multi stop trip... but they suck and why do you do it.  Let him go home tonight and come in after the Herman ann0uncement not before.

3. We're Texas and doing things like leaving your coach on the tarmac in Kansas sounds cathartic and fun but you don't do those things.

Slow your roll. We're on Step 7 through today and possibly mid day tomorrow.

image.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Nah...He liked VY. Pretty sure of it. He really does want to be able to vote on these committees though. He will surely be on them if he can get Texas a few MNCs

Um. Yeah. He was saying if Lawrence wins the title with Clemson then how do you not give him the Heisman. He doesn't like how they vote on it before the postseason. I'm saying he probably felt that Vince should have won it.

• Like 1

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

8ECE6836-4D04-4B84-8782-F3A9047DE023.jpeg

Yep.  We haven’t done shit since 1951, so he’s obviously right.  

I know it’s a giant pot of cash, but I’d fold up the LHN and then make an exclusive deal with “not ESPN” and invite all schools not in the SEC to join up.  I can’t wait when sports broadcasting evolves that POS network out of existence. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic