Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, wood said:

Yep. Time to flush all the overreacting-&-running-around-with-our-hair-on-fire  Day Shift SDE. We got this shit. Y'all day shifters can run home, turn off all the lights, close the blinds and cry yourselves to sleep.

We turn the positivity up to 11! 

If this all goes south there will be plenty of banners we can fly around Belmont in the fall. We’ll unleash the McKracken on the athletic department. We won’t just quietly slide into the apathy abyss before giving the AD and everyone associated a living hell first. 

If, and I stress “if”,  it goes south. 

"At the beginning of the year, everybody thinks you're going to go undefeated and win a national championship. Right? So anything short of that, you're going to be disappointed" - Chris Del Conte

"Darrell Royal is not walking through that door.”" - Chris Del Conte

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, troph said:

you missed how I ended up posting that announcement 5 times at once and posted immamac's homemade mcrib success pics before he did.

The quintuple post I attributed to ecstasy.  The earth moving for thee.

The premature pic post ... pretty, pretty perplexing .....

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So CDC is saying that for at least one day in 2021 Tom Herman will be the head coach? I mean I know he has a political position but no way he is that weasel-ly with his words.

You'd hope not, but I'm cool with it if we get UM.

Where are we hearing/seeing TH will be around in 2021? I mean, besides the AAS.

1 minute ago, smash said:

The speed at which the announcements were out on major media makes me think it was sent out by our PR department.  I don’t think it was about reading comprehension on his post.

If CDC wanted to publicly clarify his message, he wouldn't do it through the AAS or 247. He was much clearer in his public messaging at the end of the EoT circus.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So CDC is saying that for at least one day in 2021 Tom Herman will be the head coach? I mean I know he has a political position but no way he is that weasel-ly with his words.

Technically he didn't word it that way, he just answered a follow-up question as it related to his tepid statement.  I read it to mean they're trying to stop the bleeding in the program as best they can.  After CFP, they'll revisit.  That statement isn't locking him into to anything.

I expect if they have a "yes" from their top 3 candidates, they'll drop still drop the knife.

The complicating factor here is the buyout. It's been reported that there isn't money unless the BMDs are on board with hire.  For them to be on board, the hire may need until January.

7 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Holy shit... this actually cracks me up.  I can't decide which I am laughing at more.the $500? The certainly your $500 has some meaning, or the fact you think either is of the level to involve certified mail.  I think "certified mail" made me laugh hardest.

What about being dumb enough both to think Herman should stay and also to take his post seriously? That would be funnier. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Look at the actual quotes, the part in the quotation marks.  Not whatever extrapolation the reporter makes it into.

"Tom Herman is our coach"

When asked for clarification "Tom Herman is our coach moving forward into next season"

The AAS rephrased that into confirmation that Herman will be UT's coach in 2021.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

If CDC wanted to publicly clarify his message, he wouldn't do it through the AAS or 247. He was much clearer in his public messaging at the end of the EoT circus.

He didn't want the message to be clear, which is why he actually didn't clarify anything with the 'clarification'. Think of it this way, what he said isn't as important as what he didn't say.

Edited by wood

It's important to note that those who took CDC's statement and actual quote in response to the "journalistic" follow-up as confirmation that Herman is definitely coaching Texas for the 2021 season have the exact same inference and reasoning skills as Chip Brown and Kirk Bohls.

Might want to think about that. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It's important to note that those who took CDC's statement and actual quote in response to the "journalistic" follow-up as confirmation that Herman is definitely coaching Texas for the 2021 season have the exact same inference and reasoning skills as Chip Brown and Kirk Bohls.

I choose to BELIEVE, dammit!

Just some wolf of Wall Street gifs - Album on Imgur

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah McComas took exception to me calling out their idiocy on twitter, then went on to prove what I already knew - that he's a moron.

12 minutes ago, Loather said:

"At the beginning of the year, everybody thinks you're going to go undefeated and win a national championship. Right? So anything short of that, you're going to be disappointed" - Chris Del Conte

"Darrell Royal is not walking through that door.”" - Chris Del Conte

"In my third season with Ohio State we won 14 games which really pissed me off because it was 1 game short of an undefeated season"

-Urban Meyer

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, clapclapclap said:

Bruce Feldman on Fox's in between games show - "Tepid" endorsement that looks intended to shore up NSD1.

Host - Texas fans not happy.

Then Fox cut to promos and commercials, no shot of the set.

This Bruce Feldman guy seems like he's got upper management written all over him.

31 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I think it's sort of funny that so many of you guys thought we would toss away $25+ million on ... a new girlfriend.

Bottom line it's the right decision if you are smart and have some life experience.   I actually expect a pretty damn good year next year.  

But please, if you are home alone, and want to whine and whine and whine. Please feel free to do so.  But as somebody who has built several winning teams this gives us the very best chance at success next year.  Those that want a "new girlfriend" at this point, honestly either are not good evaluators of the available talent, haven't had a lot of girlfriends, and/or don't grasp the disruption of change for the sake of change. IF you fucked a lot of bitches... you know sometimes the bitch you know is a shit ton better than the new bitch you don't know.

flame away, but this was the right choice.  AND YES.... YOUR FUCKING WHINING AT THIS POINT DOES NOT HELP OUR FOOTBALL TEAM.

tenor.gif

Go home Tom, you're drunk.

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Until there is a change, there is in fact no change. So really there is nothing to infer or not. It’s really about whether you want to believe hearsay and rumor. But I will listen to reason, and would like to know what reason CDC would say this now and then fire him in January or before the 2021 season. And it isn’t recruiting.

32 minutes ago, Yuk said:

Guys that donate 10M don't send messages to CDC via Horns247.

Well you have to feel sorry for the guy because he was forced to go to 247 because that sorry CDC will not take his calls anymore.  And...he isn’t the only one, those little 7 figure guys who do not have the big big bucks like he has, can’t get in touch with CDC either.

I think CDC is too smart for things to be playing out the as they are being portrayed. Maybe if it were Ketch or one of you, then I'd say, "okay, of course he fucked it up", but I'll  give CDC  the benefit of the doubt.

He has a beneficial plan for Texas football and I have no idea what it is and thats okay. And if he doesn't and this is it, well, fuck me running 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Woodrow Call said:

I'm friends with one billionaire. As billionaires go, he's a decent guy and a Texas grad. He told me just yesterday that while he is not closely connected to the situation, he has friends that are and thought there was an all out push to get Urban. I felt pretty good about things, now this. 

You should still feel good about it.

1 minute ago, Woodrow Call said:

I'm friends with one billionaire. As billionaires go, he's a decent guy and a Texas grad. He told me just yesterday that while he is not closely connected to the situation, he has friends that are and thought there was an all out push to get Urban. I felt pretty good about things, now this. 

And now what? Something tells me I would trust your friend.

• Hook 'Em 1

when AAS reports that: "Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. "

Read that statement out loud to yourself a few times. They got CDC on the phone apparently confirming TH will be coach in 2021. But if that wasn’t enough, CDC’s own words, they’re gunna let you know that second source also confirmed it.
Why not just come out and say, “CDC, in a phone call with the AAS, confirms that Tom Herman will be the coach of the Texas Longhorns next fall?”
It’s because he didn’t say it.

How it probably really happened:
“Hey CDC. In our headline, we said Herman’s gunna be back next year. Is that true?”
“Sure.”

FCB and the two doofuses at AAS are hacks. I’ll wait for a national guy to get the story, completely sourced on their own and clear, before I believe any of those three.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dewey said:

I think CDC is too smart for things to be playing out the as they are being portrayed. Maybe if it were Ketch or one of you, then I'd say, "okay, of course he fucked it up", but I'll  give CDC  the benefit of the doubt.

He has a beneficial plan for Texas football and I have no idea what it is and thats okay. And if he doesn't and this is it, well, fuck me running 

I’ve gotten bashed a good bit on here for saying I think CDC is a lightweight. I still think that, but I don’t think today’s statement has anything to do with that. Anyone melting down over it and the retards at the AAS need to hand the keys to the night crew.

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I think it's sort of funny that so many of you guys thought we would toss away $25+ million on ... a new girlfriend.

Bottom line it's the right decision if you are smart and have some life experience.   I actually expect a pretty damn good year next year.  

But please, if you are home alone, and want to whine and whine and whine. Please feel free to do so.  But as somebody who has built several winning teams this gives us the very best chance at success next year.  Those that want a "new girlfriend" at this point, honestly either are not good evaluators of the available talent, haven't had a lot of girlfriends, and/or don't grasp the disruption of change for the sake of change. IF you fucked a lot of bitches... you know sometimes the bitch you know is a shit ton better than the new bitch you don't know.

flame away, but this was the right choice.  AND YES.... YOUR FUCKING WHINING AT THIS POINT DOES NOT HELP OUR FOOTBALL TEAM.

tenor.gif

While you’re arguments are fair, I put to you that the only money I ever spend is on a new girlfriend

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

I’ve gotten bashed a good bit on here for saying I think CDC is a lightweight. I still think that, but I don’t think today’s statement has anything to do with that. Anyone melting down over it and the retards at the AAS need to hand the keys to the night crew.

The retards at AAS should hand the keys to the bank and shut the fuck down. The day they post or publish anything meaningful is the day hell freezes over. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Why do you think CDC is a lightweight? One example of perceived incompetence will suffice.

5 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

And now what? Something tells me I would trust your friend.

He's trustworthy and connected, but he made clear he wasn't involved. His brother is also an alumnus and is friends with McConaughey. They would know people that could pull it off. 

Edited by Woodrow Call

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic