Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Bohls must be working for free, because only a  fool would pay him a salary for his journalistic prowess.  

I just assume he’s like Milton in Office Space; the Statesman forgot they fired him and he’s still collecting checks and showing up for work.

44 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

First, CDC has no bigger responsibility than the management of our football program. None. Not even close. 

Second, this doesn’t create another $40MM hole. Jesus. The buyout is financed. 

and the fastest way to patch $40m holes is relevant program at thanksgiving, when an undefeated team can sell a million dollars of xmas gifts every day for the following month

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Patterson was named TCU HC in 2010 and De Conte was AD in 2009 so he had a hand in that hiring. He also hired many coaches in other sports there that have been very successful and won national coach of the year awards. Why hire a guy with a track record of success if you're going to undercut him and not let him do his job? It's so bad I can't tell if he fucked up and didn't cover tracks and deny the Meyer rumors of his own volition or if he was forced into that inaction by the meddling jackasses? 

Now it's to the point he looks feeble and has idiots calling him "crystal" when before this year he's had almost nothing but success stories for over a decade. 

You’re off by a decade. This isn’t rocket surgery. Google is your friend. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Patterson

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I think you are confusing DePaul and Northwestern. 

No. I was too lazy to Google and speaking in generalities and apparently it offended half the posters on this thread. Northwestern does have a campus in downtown Chicago, btw.

Just now, ztejas said:

No. I was too lazy to Google and speaking in generalities and apparently it offended half the posters on this thread. Northwestern does have a campus in downtown Chicago, btw.

And UT has campuses in San Antonio, Arlington and Dallas, among other places. But no one confuses “UT” with “UTSA.”

15 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I guess...but that has nothing to do with him accepting now versus later. He doesn’t have to hire any of those people until after the season. I understand distraction, but even if it isn’t formal wouldn’t it still be a distraction now. At least coming out and saying so would limit the amount of rumor and questions swirling.

but the bigger point is that if he was serious about coaching Texas, he’s want to be here ASAP so that he could start working with all aspects of the program. A guy like him, who will have control over the program, would want that. And it really doesn’t seem like it right now

Urban's son-in-law has a chance to be part of a staff that wins a National Championship... might be a good reason to wait till tOSU is done playing before accepting the TEXAS job.  

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Northwestern also has a campus in downtown Washington.  I haven't seen their practice facility on the Potomac yet though.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Just google Clemson, Alabama, Texas A&M, UGA, Ohio State, Oregon football facilities.  Then google Texas longhorn football facilities.  Up until 3 years ago, our locker room looked like something out of the 80s.  Our weight room had some fresh paint and mats added to it.  There are high schools with better weight rooms than Texas.  Ask any recruit that takes an official visit to aggy and then Texas.  They are light years ahead of us with it comes to facilities for the players to train, lounge, watch film, hang out in.  Clemson has a damn private basketball court just for their players to hoop at.  

This has been a problem for a long time.  I'll give Herman credit, he got the ball rolling on getting the process started.  But the Texas athletic department should be ashamed of themselves for letting our facilities fall this far behind.  The fucking bubble is barely holding up together.  Look at the indoor fields of the schools mentioned above.  With all the money they have, they've been sitting on it doing jack shit.  

Like, we have bloat to pay for, man. 

54 minutes ago, Tigersnake said:

Just don't see why this should be a continuing problem.  @immamac turned a major shithole into this veritable Taj Majal in one night, with nothing more than three Mcribs a six pack of White Claw and a little black tar heroin. I'm even giving strong consideration to contributing my tree-fiddy in appreciation. 

Have you seen @immamac? He also turned water to wine and fed 5000 people with a couple of loaves of bread and a fish.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Just build the weight-room facility over 35, like that McDonald's built over a freeway in Oklahoma. 

Pretty sure the new SEZ complex includes a new locker room, weight room, player lounge, team meeting facilities etc. I remember reading they planned to keep some of the stuff from the new locker room they had just installed a year or so earlier as part of the SEZ project.

That leaves the practice facility, which definitely needs to be upgraded. I thought I read on here those upgrade plans were already in the works. 

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Or knocking down where we already have practice facilities? Demo the EC? Move shit around? 

None of this is rocket science. Acting like the University of fucking Texas is somehow hamstrung when it comes to making a few facilities upgrades is insane. 

If we could move Bass Concert Hall and the buildings around it, we could have a huge practice facility in that spot. 

11 minutes ago, nnm said:

And UT has campuses in San Antonio, Arlington and Dallas, among other places. But no one confuses “UT” with “UTSA.”

Now I'm wondering if you asshats even know where Evanston is. Northwestern's campus is 13 miles away from Millennium Park. So let me deeply apologize for misplacing a practice facility by 10 miles. It seems really relevant to the larger thread discussion and we should spend a dozen more posts on this absolutely fascinating topic. 

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Probably need to build the new indoor facility on the denius practice fields and only use the bubble and dkr for practice while that’s happening. Then tear down the bubble to put in outdoor fields or whatever. There isn’t more land to be used, now that the moody is taking up what was left. 
not sure if you can put a nice indoor field above a new weight room, but we’d have to think vertically like that. 

should have demo’d monctief and probably the school of social work and redone the whole area along with the SEZ but that was apparently too much money. Social work could be relocated anywhere, including east of 35 if needed. 

Yeah I'm just not sure if the current footprint is enough room. Most top schools have 2-3 full length outdoor practice fields plus maybe some partial fields, a full-sized indoor non-bubble, plus an adjacent weight room, lockers, meeting rooms, etc. Maybe you can put the rooms underneath an indoor facility, but I don't think you can fit even 2 full-sized outdoor fields. Right now we have one plus a slightly shorter one.

There is a lot of parking lot space near Disch that UT may own. Less convenient for the players crossing I-35 but you could fit a full complex there.

We could build a training facility in Far East Austin and build an elevated tram with a barber shop and rap studio, Tattoo parlor and a business entrepreneurial program all on the tram so they can ride and take care of they paper and align all their funding streams at the same time 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Now I'm wondering if you asshats even know where Evanston is. Northwestern's campus is 13 miles away from Millennium Park. So let me deeply apologize for misplacing a practice facility by 10 miles. It seems really relevant to the larger thread discussion and we should spend a dozen more posts on this absolutely fascinating topic. 

Not sure if you’re waving the white flag or coming back for more. Bottom line is they had land on campus to build a facility.   We need to find it but maybe we can replace our current facilities.   Plausible.   But our focus has been on stadium renovation.  Besides 13 miles?  That’s basically round rock to Austin.  

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah I'm just not sure if the current footprint is enough room. Most top schools have 2-3 full length outdoor practice fields plus maybe some partial fields, a full-sized indoor non-bubble, plus an adjacent weight room, lockers, meeting rooms, etc. Maybe you can put the rooms underneath an indoor facility, but I don't think you can fit even 2 full-sized outdoor fields. Right now we have one plus a slightly shorter one.

There is a lot of parking lot space near Disch that UT may own. Less convenient for the players crossing I-35 but you could fit a full complex there.

Most of that parkling lot space was taken up by the new tennis center and the parking garage.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Pretty sure the new SEZ complex includes a new locker room, weight room, player lounge, team meeting facilities etc. I remember reading they planned to keep some of the stuff from the new locker room they had just installed a year or so earlier as part of the SEZ project.

That leaves the practice facility, which definitely needs to be upgraded. I thought I read on here those upgrade plans were already in the works. 

Shit I think you're right. Okay, so Indoor practice facility over 35. Outdoor ontop of the indoor. Footballs hitting traffic. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

And The Republic of Texas used to be this:

I mean...not really. It claimed that but it only governed a small part of it (only the eastern part of the current state). Sending our dudes to secure that part of New Mexico did not go well.

Texas history talk not going away.

Edited by Valmy77

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Luckily they had enough foresight to change the shape so we could sell more keychains

Are you fucking kidding me? I see a flat head screwdriver along with a bottle opener right there. Multi tools brings in more money. 

Edited by T-shirt Sip

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It claimed that but it only governed a small part of it (only the eastern part of the current state). Sending our dudes to secure that part of New Mexico did not go well.

Yeah, iirc, the Texas force pretty much immediately was captured when they encountered any Mexican forces, and they all got to enjoy a forced march from Santa Fe to Mexico City. Which does not sound entirely like a good time to me.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic