Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I do think he's probably a troll, but disagree on the ou part. I read that that differently.

If he's an ou troll, it's a long job. He has pro Texas stuff in his feed going back to August.

Troll seems likely, but nothing in his past posting suggests anything other than a Texas fan.

The whole thing is bizarre.

Yeah you can definitely read that Baker tweet different ways. Who knows...

Could be a troll, of course, but I don't think that tweet is anything definitive.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah you can definitely read that Baker tweet different ways. Who knows...

Could be a troll, of course, but I don't think that tweet is anything definitive.

Check the thread now, I replied "yeah but you don't have him anymore" and he liked it.

Who knows he could be messing with me, but I'm not buying it.

13 hours ago, TriStone said:

Another idiot unmasks himself.

The “ethics” test of HC candidacy is a joke on so many levels, and exposes not only idiocy but naivety. This is Division 1 football with lots more at stake than merely school pride or rivalries. It’s also not the 1890s. 

Who knows exactly who is “ethical” and who is not ? Some have outed themselves as obviously unethical but others have maintained a double life and legacy for decades, before being exposed....like Joepa. Remember how he always “won the right way” ? That was the line for so, so long, and people believed it. 

The best we can do is hire someone who seems interested in winning games, coaching, and creating a strong organization through their system, as opposed to someone merely only seeking a lifelong means of personal financial independence.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, crash_davis said:

this thread is the surly of surly threads. a bunch of idiots with no pull or significance arguing the fuck out of if meyer should be hired or not. as if any decision making assholes give a shit what you idiots care about.

So why  is that a problem? No one here declared themselves in charge of hiring at UT CFB. It’s a message board, and like any other thread that’s all it is.

Oh, and you’re here just to supervise I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:
You have a desired outcome. I don't. I mean, I guess I'd like to see him stay on Fox Sports because I really enjoy his analysis and explanation of football X's & O's. But I'll continue to follow his career with interest if he goes back into coaching wherever it is, whether it's Texas, USC, Notre Dame (that I wouldn't like to see but I'd understand), the Cowboys or any other team. I'll bet I've been following his career with interest since long before most of you ever heard his name. 
You desperately want him to coach at Texas and are trying to convince yourself (yourselves?) that, not only is the job opening already certain, he's already in the bag. When I respond to silly statements like Schulz's, you get defensive because you don't want to hear anything other than that you're Texas and of course you're going to get Urban. Just like you were going to get Saban. 
We don't know if he wants to get back into coaching. To find out if he does, two things need to happen. First, a job has to come open and be offered to him. Second, he has to take it. We haven't even gotten to step 1 yet. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet that he likes what he's doing at Fox Sports and wants to continue building what they started with him as the big name on their Big Noon Saturday show to compete with College GameDay. But I don't know. I could be wrong. I do know that any rational person in his position wouldn't make any decision until after the season is over and he could weigh all his options. It's a seller's market and, if he does want to get back into coaching, he has all the leverage. It's not like Texas or anyone else will pressure him into taking the job right now before they give it to someone else. If you say, "Take it or leave it!" then, as he's walking out the door after saying, "I'll leave it," you'll say, "Wait, wait, wait, let's not be hasty here!"

Read more  

I didn't read any of this shit, but that's a lot of words for someone who has already stated they don't really care about this topic. Which was my point.

You didn't read any of my post but you concluded that it proves your point?

I'm not sure I believe you, but wouldn't that make you a fool? That makes you sound like an idiot. 

I don't care who wins the Harvard-Yale game or the Army-Navy game. Doesn't mean I can't have and express my thoughts and opinions on either one. I'm a college football enthusiast. You're just getting your panties in a bunch because I'm not telling you what you want to hear. 

I could be wrong. I'm just calling things like I see them. 

But I suppose you didn't read that far. 

Trying to put myself in Urbans shoes...goal is to catch Saban...which place is easiest, Texas or sc?  I am guessing sc recruits nationally, but far more travel...but look at talent in Texas.  Urb has to be thinking he could win big 12 conference in a year.  He could end up in the playoffs in year 3, win nc in year 4, etc.  

what advantages does sc hold?

6 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Trying to put myself in Urbans shoes...goal is to catch Saban...which place is easiest, Texas or sc?  I am guessing sc recruits nationally, but far more travel...but look at talent in Texas.  Urb has to be thinking he could win big 12 conference in a year.  He could end up in the playoffs in year 3, win nc in year 4, etc.  

Structurally, the Big12 is also in a better financial situation than the Pac12.

Texas has a lot more advantages. There’s really no question.

That being said, it ain’t going to happen.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm not sure I believe you, but wouldn't that make you a fool? That makes you sound like an idiot. 

I don't care who wins the Harvard-Yale game or the Army-Navy game. Doesn't mean I can't have and express my thoughts and opinions on either one. I'm a college football enthusiastbitch ass . You're just getting your panties in a bunch because I'm not telling you what you want to hear. 

fify but i'm sure you don't care

14 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

The Squid handle is.... interesting. Seems these two accounts are very recent, and attached to this Larry somehow. 

under 100 total / combined followers, and one of them has 7. odds are they are either socks or just fans of Larry I would guess

Is sc willing to pay 10 mil like Texas?   Maybe Urban is using Texas to push sc  to that level.  Who knows.  Even if Urban says he coming today doesn’t mean he can’t change his mind tomorrow.  Maybe he just wants to make sure Herman gets fired.  

16 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Is sc willing to pay 10 mil like Texas?   Maybe Urban is using Texas to push sc  to that level.  Who knows.  Even if Urban says he coming today doesn’t mean he can’t change his mind tomorrow.  Maybe he just wants to make sure Herman gets fired.  

Yeah... not gonna get my hopes up until he puts pen to paper. 

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don't care who wins the Harvard-Yale game or the Army-Navy game. Doesn't mean I can't have and express my thoughts and opinions on either one. I'm a college football enthusiast. You're just getting your panties in a bunch because I'm not telling you what you want to hear. 

It's all the posturing you do that pisses people off man. At this point you have strongly defended your stance that you don't care...which means you do care, or you wouldn't strongly...never mind mother fucker. All that matters is your opinion is Texas fans are arrogant because we think Urban Meyer wants to wear burnt orange. We get it, we have heard it, and we don't plan on changing man. If you could just say you don't think he's coming here without all the douche baggery it would be so much easier. I don't have many posts though so take my shit with a grain of salt. lulz 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

It's all the posturing you do that pisses people off man. At this point you have strongly defended your stance that you don't care...which means you do care, or you wouldn't strongly...never mind mother fucker. All that matters is your opinion is Texas fans are arrogant because we think Urban Meyer wants to wear burnt orange. We get it, we have heard it, and we don't plan on changing man. If you could just say you don't think he's coming here without all the douche baggery it would be so much easier. I don't have many posts though so take my shit with a grain of salt. lulz 

In summary, we would be happy if you GTFO.😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Really?  

USC is a big name program with 11 MNCs who recruits nationally.  Their conference is after dumpster fire than ours and they are the only blue blood program there.  They don’t even have an OU to contend with, Oregon is their only real competition.   Once they Arat winning again PAC will be in the playoff discussion every year.  And California is one of the big 3 recruiting states. 

Really?  

USC is a big name program with 11 MNCs who recruits nationally.  Their conference is after dumpster fire than ours and they are the only blue blood program there.  They don’t even have an OU to contend with, Oregon is their only real competition.   Once they Arat winning again PAC will be in the playoff discussion every year.  And California is one of the big 3 recruiting states. 
Anyone thinking USC isn't a damn appealing job is fooling themselves. They're a coaching hire away from being in the yearly playoff discussion.

What would make Texas more attractive at the moment is:

1) Our job opening is more probable. Helton could have a good season.
2) Alignment from decision influencers/makers. Didn't SC's president deny they'd hire Meyer? Seems like an us with Saban situation, and we know how that ended.
3) Roster. Our recruiting classes have actually been good, in terms of classes impacting ability to win quickly. USC was 20th in 2019, 64th for 2020. Yes, their 19 class should've included McCoy and ours shouldn't, so numbers are skewed, but still. And that 20 class is just horrifying.

The rest would have to be a wash. Money, prestige, difficulty of schedule, recruiting ground, etc, I'd argue there's no clear advantage one way or the other.

Timing is one of our biggest benefits here and hopefully we use that and lock him up before the SC job opens (if it's going to).
  • Hook 'Em 1

USC is a helmet school that can recruit nationally but also happens to be in a talent rich area that is a thousand miles away from the nearest traditional power.  Like Texas, I'm stunned they've sucked as long as they have.  Hell, if they just lock down southern cal they should be in the playoffs every year.  Our only substantial advantage is we have a job opening right now.  That should be enough.

There's a lot of speculation and bullshit flowing around here, which is par for the course in times of uncertain coaching stability. When Herman got hired, it was a such a quick turnaround and slam dunk hire that we didn't get that much of it, relatively speaking. But in the last days of Mack? It was a complete and spectacular shitshow that was highly, highly entertaining. All of that is a long way of saying disregard the well-sourced stylings of RapGameLarry at your own peril. If you can't trust a guy with a Larry Bird photo and stacks of Benjamins in his avatar, who the fuck can you trust?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys,

It has been 41 minutes since someone posted in this thread and it has fallen out of the top ten.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING?  Urban is going to see that and think we don't want him! 

Please do better.

Sincerely,

jinx

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

Imagine what the White House would look like. I’m in.

"Hey hun, I got rid of all those old, dusty paintings. I have a friend who is going to do some fun, Disney-themed murals on all the walls. She only charges $300 per hour but I talked her down to $275."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

He just wants cover for his Austin house hunting trip this weekend and the whole fox crew is in on it. 

Prayers for them and speedy recovery and all if they have it. May be better to get it now and recover before coming in December and TURNING THIS SHIT AROUND. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Guess Leinart partying caught up to him... Took out the FOX Crew  😁

matt-leinart-partying

LOL, that's every starter at every college in evert state.  I remember, I was at the KA house years back.  The one with the giant staircase leading down to the front door.  Here comes ol' Shea Morenz walking down, hammered...with two dime pieces under each arm.  10's, both of them.  

Of course he trips and goes ass over teakettle down the stairs, fucks up his ankle - that we later learned was injured in "practice" (to be fair, it was a carryover from the CO game)......thus enter stage left:  James "Motherfuckin" Brown.

I probably wound up passed out in the bushes outside.....again.....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

LOL, that's every starter at every college in evert state.  I remember, I was at the KA house years back.  The one with the giant staircase leading down to the front door.  Here comes ol' Shea Morenz walking down, hammered...with two dime pieces under each arm.  10's, both of them.  

Of course he trips and goes ass over teakettle down the stairs, fucks up his ankle - that we later learned was injured in "practice" (to be fair, it was a carryover from the CO game)......thus enter stage left:  James "Motherfuckin" Brown.

KA?  lulz, pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Starter?  Please.  4th string Nordgren was getting 3 10s a day.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic