Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Who the hell will not develop our linemen if Hand leaves?

Also, wtf on our Oline coaches through the years.

Herb Hand - tons of praise coming in, fell flat on his face with recruiting

Derek Warehime - no comment

Matt Mattox - Currently the Oline coach of UTSA - who knows might turn out with Traylor

Joe Wickline - Another well thought of coach that mostly flamed out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Matt Mattox - Currently the Oline coach of UTSA - who knows might turn out with Traylor

The only one that really surprises me is Wickline.  He seemed to really develop players at OSU.  Perhaps the lawsuit mess that never really got sorted, plus him only being here a couple years and the position being completely decimated by Mack caused his failure?

5 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

I lurked on Shaggy back in the day. It seemed then there were some pretty connected people. Or I was just dumber.

I wasn't trying to take shots. I just get the feeling that with this coaching search saga CDC hasn't really let anyone be "connected" past BMD mutterings or "I saw x at x" anecdotes. 

I mean for fuck's sake, $9.95ers are basically just rehashing the main discussions points that we have going on this thread at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Mattox had our line looking the best in run blocking since lord knows how long.

6 minutes ago, MoJames said:

To be fair, there was plenty of warning about Hand's coaching ability from Auburn and Penn State fans when we hired him, although his recruiting failures are certainly a surprise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I wasn't trying to take shots. I just get the feeling that with this coaching search saga CDC hasn't really let anyone be "connected" past BMD mutterings or "I saw x at x" anecdotes. 

I mean for fuck's sake, $9.95ers are basically just rehashing the main discussions points that we have going on this thread at this point.

For sure.  @hornfromdallas , what's the deal with the photo? The owner of the firm looks like he's a UF money guy, so UM back to UF?

Not exactly liking the lack of posts this morning. People beginning to lose their will? Remembering they have families?

We need to be better if we’re gonna land this fish
Rapgamelarry isnt budging..

and he has an actual bet with another slapdick. What more do you guys want?

21 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Matt Mattox was a good coach and had our O-Line playing as well as its played since before Mack gave up.  Unfortunately he only got a year before he was ushered out with Charlie.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That’s not what was said. I would know, I told the story on the recruiting board on Shaggy that took on the life of its own that’s led to the apocryphal nature of it now being “Warehime clogged up the shitter at the Little’s household.” 

The original post can be found by some intrepid bastard willing to dive back into Shaggy and pull it up. It’s been years. 

In any event, what happened is on par with your story and was corroborated, wait for it, by the Littles, to numerous people covering Little’s recruitment at the time. Warehime showed up, in winter, sweating and needing to use the restroom. They thought, as any of us would have thought, that he simply needed to piss. Indeed no. He was back there for like 15-20 minutes to the point that it became awkward and obvious. Then he had multiple flushes to get it all down. 

If Little’s dad doesn’t remember that part, it’s probably an insignificant thing for a guy that hosted 100 visitors in that period, but for us, it should remain hilarious and you’re welcome. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Bom Dia Hello GIF

Are we sure that fence is strong enough to hold back that bear?

34 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I thought Wickline was an ace hire, but many he was disgruntled.

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The main question I have about this, sorry if it has been asked a bunch of times before, is why is the date blurred out in the toolbar?

Fraudulent. 

37 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I didn't think Wickline did too bad especially for what he had to work with but him on the trail was a bad thing.. came off as an asshole and that attitude lost a few leans in recruiting.  Hand seems like a fun guy but his work here has been shit

Does anyone have that hilarious Wickline fan fiction about his recruiting? Don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder at a post

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Does anyone have that hilarious Wickline fan fiction about his recruiting? Don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder at a post

Found it, absolutely hilarious. This was a poster on that Star Crunch cooter Ketch’s site

A944008D-9D87-40B3-853E-382B4C3465BF.jpeg

03D9215D-65E4-45D4-8B12-4C3B77B65B9E.jpeg

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic