Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

Who are the names (or new names) worthy of the buy out that are still tied to a championship run.  Also could those be assistants that a head coach would bring or poach. 

Wondering the same. I'm thinking Sark, Mullen (if he beats Bama), Campbell (outside playoff chance but suddenly looking possible), tOSU assistants for Meyer, Brian Kelly (still don't see that being an option though). 

My guess is Mullen. My other guess is that Mullen ends up with a big raise at UF.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

Who are the names (or new names) worthy of the buy out that are still tied to a championship run.  Also could those be assistants that a head coach would bring or poach. 

Clemson vs ND

Florida vs Bama

tOSU vs Northwestern

ISU vs homosexual tech (NTTATWWT)

Oregon (maybe) vs USC?

Tony Elliot, Venables, Kelly

Mullen,Sark

Dennis, Pacino, Deniro

Campbell

Mario?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Expect a CDC vote of confidence today or this weekend. I expect the wording will be carefully crafted. I also expect everyone on this thread to melt all the fucking way down. 

"Tom Herman is currently the Head Ball Coach of the Texas Longhorns.  No questions please."

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I mean, they'd probably offer him every oil derrick in Austin right now. If that is all he is asking for this could have been done months ago.

no shit, we can just give him Santa Rita No. 1.  In fact we can move it to his backyard if he wants.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

So my Panhandle peep(s) was/were correct about Herman being DMW and not returning for 2021? That is what I was told two weeks ago and I am sticking by what I heard. About that and the money. We have it and we should be willing to give UM precisely what he is asking for. He is needed to clean up the rot. 

also, I think @immamac may have been on the NFL network this morning? Or was he not? Lol. As you can see below. 

that would be a sign that UM is happening! 

Day energy not as cool as the brisket, steak, fire pit stories and MSPaint we had going on last night. Fire pit!!!!! 

2A41DFD8-B499-49DE-AD02-6408046B40DC.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

First all those were the same waheni. Next, you know I love you but you'd be dead wrong. Not only is she a great surfer, she's rich bitch.

Naked and Afraid contestant, model and pro surfer, Anastasia Ashley has sold her Miami Beach chic bungalow home for $870,000.

Anastasia Ashley is no stranger to making headlines, in 2013 the model/surfer became an internet sensation after a video went viral of her twerking to warm-up before the SuperGirl Pro tournament in Oceanside, CA. Anastasia has been a public figure in the surfer world, throughout her career as a pro surfer she has won multiple titles including the 2010 Pipeline Women’s Pro in Hawaii, she conquered gigantic waves on the Oahu’s Outer Reef for an XXL Award nomination, and has become one of the most successful surfers on the women’s tour. Anastasia was also a cast member on Naked and Afraid in 2017 but quit the show just after six days of filming for being attacked by sandflies all over her body.

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU, ANASTASIA ASHLEY

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

First all those were the same waheni. Next, you know I love you but you'd be dead wrong. Not only is she a great surfer, she's rich bitch.

Naked and Afraid contestant, model and pro surfer, Anastasia Ashley has sold her Miami Beach chic bungalow home for $870,000.

Anastasia Ashley is no stranger to making headlines, in 2013 the model/surfer became an internet sensation after a video went viral of her twerking to warm-up before the SuperGirl Pro tournament in Oceanside, CA. Anastasia has been a public figure in the surfer world, throughout her career as a pro surfer she has won multiple titles including the 2010 Pipeline Women’s Pro in Hawaii, she conquered gigantic waves on the Oahu’s Outer Reef for an XXL Award nomination, and has become one of the most successful surfers on the women’s tour. Anastasia was also a cast member on Naked and Afraid in 2017 but quit the show just after six days of filming for being attacked by sandflies all over her body.

FANTASTIC!  if you don't ever hear from me again you'll know what happened to me....

I don't follow the sport, but we have toyed with taking surfing lessons in various vacay locations ever since we took to wakesurfing.  Instead we sit on the beach get stoned and watch the surfers until the sun goes down.  not a bad alternative to riding the waves.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So my Panhandle peep(s) was/were correct about Herman being DMW and not returning for 2021? That is what I was told two weeks ago and I am sticking by what I heard. About that and the money. We have it and we should be willing to give UM precisely what he is asking for. He is needed to clean up the rot. 

also, I think @immamac may have been on the NFL network this morning? Or was he not? Lol. As you can see below. 

that would be a sign that UM is happening! 

Day energy not as cool as the brisket, steak, fire pit stories and MSPaint we had going on last night. Fire pit!!!!! 

2A41DFD8-B499-49DE-AD02-6408046B40DC.jpeg

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I had no idea that Bertram Gilfoyle was working as an NFL analyst now. Did not see that one coming.

Is this not Dave Grohl? 

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

First, absolutely not immamac.

Next, don't hate, I can make room in my busy schedule for you darling. Unlike some, I know you can take the length. 

Finally, if you're setting the post entertainment bar at Thujones level, I'll tell you right now you are in for a massive let down. Always.

wait I thought we had a thing?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

It's a hard as FUCK but I'll tell you, kite surfing is amazeballs. Corpus is actually one of the best places to learn as you aren't also dealing with big waves in the bays. Not only that, but hotels are cheap as fuck and you can hit up the original Whataburger.

Sure, Snoopy's isn't exactly 3 star dining and the crowds are a little low brow, but it's not absolutely terrible.

I'll add that to the list of maybes.  currently wake surfing, fly fishing and scuba (next) are the zen activities I'm working on.

Edited by troph

52 minutes ago, Caddox said:

There could be plenty of things at play here. We need to stop the bleeding in recruiting. Everything is completely shut down right now. Loudmouths are being quiet. If Herman's really coming back I promise the quiet would end. 

A lot went on for months, people started to celebrate, and then things went completely radio silent? Then all of a sudden the 9.95 morons start getting info from CDC? Who wasnt even on point for this deal? 

Confidence was high for a long time, meetings take place, and Urban wont put the issue to rest? This deal isnt over. Its in hibernation. Ive been having fun in this thread, but we are likely a month away. There's gonna be a ton of noise like today. The 9.95ers will have to keep their subscribers at bay while theyre in the dark or being fed horseshit. Dont let the timeline mind fuck you. 

Herman is gone period.  If CDC and crew thought Urban wasn’t happening they would move to plan B with lightning speed.  The fact that they haven’t moved to plan B tells me we are going with Urban as soon as OSUs CFP chances are done.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, smash said:

Amazing volume but it’s not the best you’ve ever had.  It’s more like “gets the job done” for several meals

they use generic tortillas!

Don’t even fucking talk to me about tacos if they use grocery store tortillas, like Torchy’s does.  Having grown up and living in South Texas, I’m amused by the “who has the best tacos?Austin or San Antonio” debate.  

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding another name and the end of the playoffs, anything could happen with a bunch of teams, and therefore whoever the people are they’re pursuing, ahead of the end of the playoffs. Depends on who gets in and wins, right?

Fickell obv

• Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I mean, they'd probably offer him every oil derrick in Austin right now. If that is all he is asking for this could have been done months ago.

That, and the most well bred horse in town, for commuting to work. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

One thing to think about regarding "Urban Meyer is waiting for the ND job" is that it's not even close to an ideal situation for the guy. They don't pay well, they have high academic hurdles that impairs recruiting, they don't throw money at assistants and don't pay for a ton of support staff either. It's also not a slam dunk that they'd be willing to pursue Urban Meyer, either. If Meyer is truly holding out for some other place, I sincerely doubt ND fits the bill.  If Kelly bolts, Matt Campbell has already notified ND that he's got dibs on the job, so it's probably moot anyway.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, troph said:

I don't follow the sport, but we have toyed with taking surfing lessons in various vacay locations ever since we took to wakesurfing.  Instead we sit on the beach get stoned and watch the surfers until the sun goes down.  not a bad alternative to riding the waves.

Try surfing stoned. Life altering. 

36 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Clemson vs ND

Florida vs Bama

tOSU vs Northwestern

ISU vs homosexual tech (NTTATWWT)

Oregon (maybe) vs USC?

Tony Elliot, Venables, Kelly

Mullen,Sark

Dennis, Pacino, Deniro

Campbell

Mario?

Why settle, as the name of the thread states Urban or bust.  We're getting our first choice, relax.

50 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding another name and the end of the playoffs, anything could happen with a bunch of teams, and therefore whoever the people are they’re pursuing, ahead of the end of the playoffs. Depends on who gets in and wins, right?

Mike Elko confirmed out of left field. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Why settle, as the name of the thread states Urban or bust.  We're getting our first choice, relax.

I've reached "relax" finally. I'm happy to consider the other possibilities and discuss in the meantime, but the Urban Meyer possibility has not been put to bed, for me. I haven't seen enough to believe that Tom Herman is returning, and haven't seen enough to say with any type of certainty that Urban Meyer has completely turned down the Texas job. I won't have my hopes sky-high, but I'm just confident that the UM avenue is not yet finished being explored. 

Edited by UncleBuck

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One thing to think about regarding "Urban Meyer is waiting for the ND job" is that it's not even close to an ideal situation for the guy. They don't pay well, they have high academic hurdles that impairs recruiting, they don't throw money at assistants and don't pay for a ton of support staff either. It's also not a slam dunk that they'd be willing to pursue Urban Meyer, either. If Meyer is truly holding out for some other place, I sincerely doubt ND fits the bill.  If Kelly bolts, Matt Campbell has already notified ND that he's got dibs on the job, so it's probably moot anyway.

I get that, but there is definitely something to be said about the Catholic part of it. 

So, you all are hearing Tom is going to be coach next year? Are you all sure that it is Tom Herman and not Tommy Bowden? I thought maybe Tommy Tuberville was a possibility but it looks like he is choosing the senator job over the Texas coaching job.

2 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

If you fire Tom, you put yourself in the position of having to fill the spot RIGHT NOW. That’s what got us Charlie and Tom

I'm gunna disagree with this part. When they canned Charlie, they didn't put themselves in a position to HAVE to hire Tom right away, they fired strong so quickly in order to put themselves in a position to where they COULD hire Tom right away, because that's who they wanted. He was the hot name. Everywhere. We were all wrong (unless you weren't).

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Didnt Kelly recently sign an extension ?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic