Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

15 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Brah, do you even Houston? Asian is next, book it, followed closely by Italian for the Dallas contingent. 

We will close with tacos once Urban makes it official.

Dallas has some of the best Korean food in the country

16 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

It appears I missed the kolache debate. As someone who is part Czech and spent lots of time in Hallettsville and Sweet Home, I only knew them with fruit. Sausage rolls was what I said for the roll with a sausage in it. Since you guys asked...

👍

My family is from Hallettsville and Shiner.  My grandmother was Kolache Queen one year, so I know my kolaches from klobasniky.  And yes, this is vitally important information, dammit.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, victory88 said:

We’ve quickly turned into Nebraska and Tennessee.  This entire athletic department, donors, coaches at think we are elite.  We talk about having all this money and we can’t even money whip a coach the way aggy did.  Embarrassing.  Facilities are fucking outdated.  We have a moron in charge that that has never led a big time coaching search in CDC.  He’s left our coach out to dry killing whatever momentum this program had in recruiting.  Our coach thinks he’s some sort of mastermind when he has been routinely out coached and is 0-6 against Patterson, Riley, and Campbell the last 2 years.  Donors like to talk a big game but cannot come together to get a good coach and cannot stay out of meddling.  Just a complete shit show.  

None of these guys deserve their pay.  The stadium will be empty next year and both Herman and CDC will be to blame.  Can’t believe the ou and aggy department run their shit better than us.  Embarrassing...

What a bloody vaginal belch of a post. Get it fucking together man.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Burton

continue to be told that Texas is working behind the scenes on a number of possible coaching scenarios, some of which are further along than others. Frankly put, some of those feelers and subsequent conversations have been more well received than others.

However, I expect no major, external movement of any sort until after the various conference championship games. Instead, I expect the normal behind-the-scenes machinations that come with situations like this, and that includes ongoing vetting of potential coaches and assuaging the concern and fears of the existing staff. Please note that just about every major coach Texas would pursue is playing in a conference championship game or in the middle of their NFL season.

In other words, if you woke up this morning hoping for a major revelation from me on the coaching front, I’m sorry to disappoint. I’d say patience is the operative word.

People pay 9.95 for that shit?

19 minutes ago, victory88 said:

We’ve quickly turned into Nebraska and Tennessee.  This entire athletic department, donors, coaches at think we are elite.  We talk about having all this money and we can’t even money whip a coach the way aggy did.  Embarrassing.  Facilities are fucking outdated.  We have a moron in charge that that has never led a big time coaching search in CDC.  He’s left our coach out to dry killing whatever momentum this program had in recruiting.  Our coach thinks he’s some sort of mastermind when he has been routinely out coached and is 0-6 against Patterson, Riley, and Campbell the last 2 years.  Donors like to talk a big game but cannot come together to get a good coach and cannot stay out of meddling.  Just a complete shit show.  

None of these guys deserve their pay.  The stadium will be empty next year and both Herman and CDC will be to blame.  Can’t believe the ou and aggy department run their shit better than us.  Embarrassing...

As a Tennessee fan the similarities are pretty damn close. It will get worse before it gets better or that is at least what I told myself 4 years ago. 

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

This thread is going to fucking melt when CDC says Herman is retained...god I will probably walk into traffic

If you can still walk, post McRib (or Pizzazz Pizza) induced anal prolapse.

Edited by hobbs

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

I'm going to get negged into oblivion, but in reading Ketch's summary of the Meyer situation it sounds like El Gordo has a pretty cogent take on things. Meyer's "perfect, perfect" situation is Notre Dame, not Texas. It sucks to write that, but it seems to be reality.

I do very very much hope that he is wrong about a rehabilitation campaign coming for Herman. That. Would. Be. Godawful.

Definitely could be it, I also got the vibe that the family is just not ready to sign off again. I hate to think it but think timing is a bigger issue. Another 6 months or year and I think he and his family is much more receptive.  His youngest will be out of college (or almost), another year away from the excitement. I feel like he will be coaching before 2022 season for sure somewhere in college as I see him as much more a college coach who wants to coach in college.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, RVC2005 said:

Just a heads up: be prepared for the Herman support to start flowing in. He will be on the sidelines in 2021. Y’all may not hold much weight in what I’m saying since I was “wrong” initially, but something came up. I’m not sure what it was, and no one is telling me, but something happened in the last few “minutes” that completely knocked the deal off. I was told 2 things: 1. Herman will be the coach for 2021, but WILL NOT get any extension to help with recruiting. 2.  don’t count out talks again. We will be right back on Meyer. TIFWIW. 

Sounds to me like CDC better start putting feelers out for a new job. That ain’t gonna work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Definitely could be it, I also got the vibe that the family is just not ready to sign off again. I hate to think it but think timing is a bigger issue. Another 6 months or year and I think he and his family is much more receptive.  His youngest will be out of college (or almost), another year away from the excitement. I feel like he will be coaching before 2022 season for sure somewhere in college as I see him as much more a college coach who wants to coach in college.

Maybe he’s too busy digging up dirt on Kelly 

It is in CDC's best interest to rehabilitate Herman's image as best as he can.  Both for recruiting and to increase Herman's job prospects after he gets his shit kicked to the curb here at Texas (to mitigate the buyout amount).  He's leaking like a sieve to all of the typical, shameless, 9.95'ers that Herman possibly/maybe/probably is returning in the hopes that it will calm down what could (and might still) turn volatile after the Meyer pursuit went public.

Herman is going to be the coach right up until he isn't - and shortly thereafter a new coach will be named.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Also, getting some pretty definitive statements from places that Urban Meyer is more or less just working to destroy Herman's career and isn't incredibly interested in the Texas job after hearing about the "complications" at length from a former beloved, sweet, magnanimous HC at Texas who'd never, ever worry about anyone else impacting his legacy from his time at Texas.

this place will rival the ground floor of Chernobyl reactor 4 circa 1986 when Hermanizer returns but loses his coordinators after Urban poaches them for his perfect, perfect gig.   

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

At this point there are only a few people that actually know the truth. CDC, UM, and the 1+ people that are responsible for Herman's buyout. That's it. Any news trickling down to mid/low level "insiders" like RCV and the 9.95ers is simply what CDC wants leaked. Any endorsement from CDC for TH would simply be for NSD1 and added cover for UM. This is all strange and new to us, but we're witnessing a professional AD in his finest hours. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Feels like burton and IT are stalling and don’t want to follow ketch or chips lead.   Look for a “Tom is indeed coming back cdcs ass is on the line” post next week

now the optimist in me is thinking  could our targets be sark, Mullen or Meyer is waiting for the osu staff to play their ccg?

The Mullen buyout would be somewhat large, wouldnt it?  Certainly he has some sort of extension by now from the contract a few years ago.  That may be a non-starter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

At this point there are only a few people that actually know the truth. CDC, UM, and the 1+ people that are responsible for Herman's buyout. That's it. Any news trickling down to mid/low level "insiders" like RCV and the 9.95ers is simply what CDC wants leaked. Any endorsement from CDC for TH would simply be for NSD1 and added cover for UM. This is all strange and new to us, but we're witnessing a professional AD in his finest hours. 

CDC spacer.png

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There was no news. A clown showed up at 2am and sprayed disappearing ink all over this thread by squeezing the puffy plastic flower on his oversized lapel. That’s it. No credible source “just got word” at 2am on a random Friday morning that a major coaching decision had just been made. 

Something always happens in the "last few minutes" at 2am.  At least in my life thats been the case so maybe that dumbass is right. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

As a Tennessee fan the similarities are pretty damn close. It will get worse before it gets better or that is at least what I told myself 4 years ago. 

Y'all have a Fulmer problem. I'd say your problems aren't over until he's gone.

6 hours ago, RVC2005 said:

Just a heads up: be prepared for the Herman support to start flowing in. He will be on the sidelines in 2021. Y’all may not hold much weight in what I’m saying since I was “wrong” initially, but something came up. I’m not sure what it was, and no one is telling me, but something happened in the last few “minutes” that completely knocked the deal off. I was told 2 things: 1. Herman will be the coach for 2021, but WILL NOT get any extension to help with recruiting. 2.  don’t count out talks again. We will be right back on Meyer. TIFWIW. 

Again, this is all about NSD1. CDC will not give Herman a public vote of confidence. This is the best he'll do, leak that UT is leaning toward having him back in 2021.

Meanwhile, Meyer hasn't put this to bed and just yesterday told tOSU reporter not to bring it up. Why? And yesterday on Cowherd, said he thinks about coaching every day and would return to "perfect, perfect" situation. He must have told Cowherd "don't ask about Texas" too because he didn't.  It would be better for him and tOSU if he put this to bed publicly if it was over because the suspicion of this deal still being on is leaking back into public sphere again. But he hasn't. In fact he goes out of his way to avoid answering any questions about it.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, B00M said:

I think what's most telling is the "endorsement" via 9.95'ers yet complete lack of direct public support, not so much as a tweet. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

I think what's most telling is the "endorsement" via 9.95'ers yet complete lack of direct public support, not so much as a tweet. 

Yes. 

IF CDC has had any plans of possibly bringing back Herman since around the OU game, he's done the program a disservice by letting Tom twist in the wind without publicly displaying his support of the head coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The Mullen buyout would be somewhat large, wouldnt it?  Certainly he has some sort of extension by now from the contract a few years ago.  That may be a non-starter. 

Ask any bulldog fan Mullen’s agent every year would float his name to get an extension/ raise. This is nothing burger. He’s not leaving Florida 

Edited by utfan87

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic