Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t think he’s been informed of anything, though. In fact, he for sure believes he’s coming back and doesn’t understand why all the “Internet trolling” is being allowed to go on without a response from CDC, so he’s pushing for it. This guy is not going to handle his termination well and that’s an active administrative fear. I don’t think we’re hearing the same thing on this one.

There’s a growing belief that UM hasn’t publicly addressed anything whatsoever because watching Tom Herman twist in the wind is worth it to him. He blames the guy for ruining his tenure at OSU. 

I've never verified that Tom was told. 

10 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I just don't see the value in giving him a vote of confidence for recruiting purposes when the kids can still leave via portal if you still plan on removing him after NSD1.

Signing them still puts you in an advantageous position to keep them.  You have to assume they will like the new hire though.  Otherwise yeah, if he hires a dud, CDC is basically pressing his butt cheeks up against the window and forcing you to stare at it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

"We want every recruit to be absolutely certain that The University of Texas totally and completely support our Head Football Coach, and we will continue to do whatever is necessary to fill every single need required to bring the greatest possible success for our players. And we want every recruit, both Rural and Urban, to know that, simply put, we need you.

That said, boy, Southern California is sure nice this time of year, huh"?"

added/clarified

Edited by phdhorn

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Fire him before NSD1 without a replacement and almost nobody signs except for "I'm a Longhorn ride or die" types like Sanders. And other coaches can swoop in and convince teenagers not to wait until NSD2 and just get it over with. 

Get them signed with the current coach and work on keeping them with the new coach seems like the optimal strategy, especially if you think the new coach is going to be a good hire. That doesn't mean be a dick school and fight their release tooth and nail if they still want to leave but it gives you the best shot. 

Good point. To add to that, you have to consider that if a new coach is brought in in late December or January, by that point many  other schools will have signed their full allocation of players for a particular position. Unless someone is an elite talent (which we don't have much of in this class) that another school would make room for, it would likely be difficult to find a  transfer spot at a comparable P5 (at least for the 2021 season). 

Edited by derpyhorndog

I don’t think he’s been informed of anything, though. In fact, he for sure believes he’s coming back and doesn’t understand why all the “Internet trolling” is being allowed to go on without a response from CDC, so he’s pushing for it. This guy is not going to handle his termination well and that’s an active administrative fear. I don’t think we’re hearing the same thing on this one.
There’s a growing belief that UM hasn’t publicly addressed anything whatsoever because watching Tom Herman twist in the wind is worth it to him. He blames the guy for ruining his tenure at OSU. 
This seems likely. Also, I was trashing Herman the other day to a work associate, not knowing he knew turtle personally. Guy started with the "not enough time with new coordinators, etc". I just walked away

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

This is interesting. It was my understanding Herman had already been told he was gone. I don’t see how they can come back and say “just kidding”. Gives a little more ammo to the theory that they are holding off on the change until the OSU playoff run is done.

You wouldn’t tell Herman he was gone, and his buyout accounted for, unless the people paying it were very sure it was for good reason. So that tells you how far we were with Urban. 

There could be plenty of things at play here. We need to stop the bleeding in recruiting. Everything is completely shut down right now. Loudmouths are being quiet. If Herman's really coming back I promise the quiet would end. 

A lot went on for months, people started to celebrate, and then things went completely radio silent? Then all of a sudden the 9.95 morons start getting info from CDC? Who wasnt even on point for this deal? 

Confidence was high for a long time, meetings take place, and Urban wont put the issue to rest? This deal isnt over. Its in hibernation. Ive been having fun in this thread, but we are likely a month away. There's gonna be a ton of noise like today. The 9.95ers will have to keep their subscribers at bay while theyre in the dark or being fed horseshit. Dont let the timeline mind fuck you. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Caddox said:

There could be plenty of things at play here. We need to stop the bleeding in recruiting. Everything is completely shut down right now. Loudmouths are being quiet. If Herman's really coming back I promise the quiet would end. 

A lot went on for months, people started to celebrate, and then things went completely radio silent? Then all of a sudden the 9.95 morons start getting info from CDC? Who wasnt even on point for this deal? 

Confidence was high for a long time, meetings take place, and Urban wont put the issue to rest? This deal isnt over. Its in hibernation. Ive been having fun in this thread, but we are likely a month away. There's gonna be a ton of noise like today. The 9.95ers will have to keep their subscribers at bay while theyre in the dark or being fed horseshit. Dont let the timeline mind fuck you. 

believe the polar express GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Whatever you say bud. 

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Smoke. They’re onto someone else worth the buyout, apparently. 

Tom Herman will not be coaching Texas in 2021. Whatever is released will be bullshit. He might not get fired until after the national title game, but he’s gone. See the difference between “I have bad news, he’s staying “ at 2am bit versus what I’m saying? 

samuel l jackson cat GIF

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think he would do well honestly.  But are you paying 25 million just to get rid of Herman or to hire Elliot?

Yes.

(and its not going to be 25 million.  That number assumes none of these guys are going to find other employment.  Herman will certainly get another HC job if he wants it.  And Ash and Yurcich will find work as coordinators.  That number is likely going to be half of that and paid out over the next 3 years.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding another name and the end of the playoffs, anything could happen with a bunch of teams, and therefore whoever the people are they’re pursuing, ahead of the end of the playoffs. Depends on who gets in and wins, right?

Yeah we only want the winner.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic