Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

I think what's most telling is the "endorsement" via 9.95'ers yet complete lack of direct public support, not so much as a tweet. 

Yep. Again, plausible deniability. When TH is fired and some idiot 'journalist' comes up to CDC saying "but you 'endorsed' TH", he can just say "I never gave any kind of endorsement. Any such report is unfounded".

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That’s not what was said. I would know, I told the story on the recruiting board on Shaggy that took on the life of its own that’s led to the apocryphal nature of it now being “Warehime clogged up the shitter at the Little’s household.” 

The original post can be found by some intrepid bastard willing to dive back into Shaggy and pull it up. It’s been years. 

In any event, what happened is on par with your story and was corroborated, wait for it, by the Littles, to numerous people covering Little’s recruitment at the time. Warehime showed up, in winter, sweating and needing to use the restroom. They thought, as any of us would have thought, that he simply needed to piss. Indeed no. He was back there for like 15-20 minutes to the point that it became awkward and obvious. Then he had multiple flushes to get it all down. 

If Little’s dad doesn’t remember that part, it’s probably an insignificant thing for a guy that hosted 100 visitors in that period, but for us, it should remain hilarious and you’re welcome. 

dumb and dumber GIF

I refuse to believe any story other than what has been passed around the recruiting board. Warehime was and is a liability to all toilet owning families. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Which makes the failures at UT, USC (Michigan, FSU, etc..) stand out so glaringly by comparison. It takes longer to build the team and get the pipeline of recruits because of the academic requirements and other things. But Kelly has them rolling. 

Go get Urban. If nothing else he can rip away the rot and get this program going in an actual direction towards success. 

urban or bust! 

Speaking of busts...

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That’s not what was said. I would know, I told the story on the recruiting board on Shaggy that took on the life of its own that’s led to the apocryphal nature of it now being “Warehime clogged up the shitter at the Little’s household.” 

The original post can be found by some intrepid bastard willing to dive back into Shaggy and pull it up. It’s been years. 

In any event, what happened is on par with your story and was corroborated, wait for it, by the Littles, to numerous people covering Little’s recruitment at the time. Warehime showed up, in winter, sweating and needing to use the restroom. They thought, as any of us would have thought, that he simply needed to piss. Indeed no. He was back there for like 15-20 minutes to the point that it became awkward and obvious. Then he had multiple flushes to get it all down. 

If Little’s dad doesn’t remember that part, it’s probably an insignificant thing for a guy that hosted 100 visitors in that period, but for us, it should remain hilarious and you’re welcome. 

Spoiler
Quote Originally Posted by irishtexan View Post
SLX and ctj have both indicated Warehime did something specific that was hilarious and terrible and totally $#@!ed up the recruitment. Since neither will say what it is, I'm going to assume he complimented Walker Little's mom on having great tits in front of Walker's dad, or something to that effect.

closetojumping 05-11-2017, 02:04 PM:
Here's the Walker Little in-home story, as I've heard it from various folks. It it true? God, I hope it is. Do I give a $#@! if you believe me? As I hope most of you know, there are zero $#@!s associated on my end to whether you believe me, like my tone, or need more data. I tell this story for my own amusement and because I believe it, more or less. If you're not entertained, you're probably German or you take yourself too seriously as a founding member of Hermanation.

Anyway, so they set the in-home up and the first one was Warehime by himself. He's out hustling for the staff and been on the road all day.

He shows up to the house, and he's sweating. Declares he's had a rough past few minutes getting there and then asks to be shown to the bathroom.

While the family sits, waiting in the living room, Warehime proceeds to drop a monstrous grumpy in the bathroom down the hall. He's not just in and out of the restroom, either. He's apparently harnessed himself in there and is holding on for dear life while tries to blow out the back of their Bellaire home with something concocted in a Russian lab during the Cold War.

He's in there so long, the Little family takes uncomfortable notice, and then detect the smell. They have to light candles.

Warehime eventually comes out as though nothing has occurred. It is at this time in which he proceeds to talk about how fancy the house is, and all of the nice things they have. He does this while having a dip and cussing like he's Richard Pryor doing a stand-up routine. It was enough to make David Allen Coe blush.

He also apparently corrected the dad on a couple of points, largely opinion differences, and overstayed his time. They couldn't wait to let him out of the house.

Herman begged in for a bigger visit, which he got, but it was too late. They're probably still remodeling the bathroom.

And just to corroborate it a bit, SLX's post, just prior to CTJ's post:

Spoiler
Quote Originally Posted by UT Lawnghorn View Post
you do this a lot. You make generalizations and accusations and then when someone asks for any support for them, you say you can't tell or that you've learned over the years it won't go over well. Either give the gist of what Warehime did wrong or don't go around saying Warehime butchered the in-home when there's nothing out there that supports that statement. No one's asking you to divulge a transcript of private conversations. I was simply asking for what basis you have that Warehime butchered the in-home. It's not a ridiculous request and your defensive response indicates you're just talking out of your ass.

But I'm not concerned about looking like I'm talking out of my ass. The guy handled himself poorly in the in home and made a terrible first impression. How much more detail do you $#@!ing need? Bug Close To Jumping about the apocryphal story. It's hilarious, but not really the point. The Littles did not like Warehime on first meeting, at all. There's not much more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by texifornia View Post
I mean if you're going to say something was atrocious over and over again without giving any details at all, it's a bit annoying, sure. It's like someone telling you they have the most interesting piece of knowledge in the world and going "nah I'm not going to tell you"

One thing I know, is that there is never enough information for people. You're not getting quotes. You're not getting a video replay. Go back to covering the twitter accounts - which you're legitimately good at, and I appreciate it - and don't concern yourself about hearsay, whether from me or anyone else. But it makes up a part of how I thought about Warehime, fair or not. That's the whole context for my post. If that's not enough for you, too bad. I'm not here to sway minds. In fact, I'm a lot more bullish on Warehime at this point than I was when he was hired, so it's not even that material any more. If anything, I'd prefer to sell folks on why I'm hopeful about Warehime at this point rather than skeptical.

This whole string is a response to someone referencing a comment about "small school try hards" which I certainly made. I don't feel like I owe anyone anything.

Well, I actually don't believe the story. But it is funny. He did $#@! up the visit, though. That's not exaggeration. He simply didn't act in a way the Littles thought was appropriate. He was coarse, and overall completely offputting. I don't have a transcript. I just know that's how they felt about the visit after it was over. From there it was all damage control. It was going to be a tough recruitment regardless. But the fact they disliked the OL coach, when Stanford's Mike Bloomgren is a complete stud didn't help anything. And I do think if that recruitment had been handled well, with a top of the line OL coach, that Walker Little would be at Texas.

Edited by KYHorn

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

I refuse to believe any story other than what has been passed around the recruiting board. Warehime was and is a liability to all toilet owning families. 

Hide yo toilet

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

dumb and dumber GIF

Can someone please put Warehime’s face on this?  Thanks in advance.  

Edited by stork642

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Where there hatch green chilis involved?

5 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Hide contents
Quote Originally Posted by irishtexan View Post
SLX and ctj have both indicated Warehime did something specific that was hilarious and terrible and totally $#@!ed up the recruitment. Since neither will say what it is, I'm going to assume he complimented Walker Little's mom on having great tits in front of Walker's dad, or something to that effect.

closetojumping 05-11-2017, 02:04 PM:
Here's the Walker Little in-home story, as I've heard it from various folks. It it true? God, I hope it is. Do I give a $#@! if you believe me? As I hope most of you know, there are zero $#@!s associated on my end to whether you believe me, like my tone, or need more data. I tell this story for my own amusement and because I believe it, more or less. If you're not entertained, you're probably German or you take yourself too seriously as a founding member of Hermanation.

Anyway, so they set the in-home up and the first one was Warehime by himself. He's out hustling for the staff and been on the road all day.

He shows up to the house, and he's sweating. Declares he's had a rough past few minutes getting there and then asks to be shown to the bathroom.

While the family sits, waiting in the living room, Warehime proceeds to drop a monstrous grumpy in the bathroom down the hall. He's not just in and out of the restroom, either. He's apparently harnessed himself in there and is holding on for dear life while tries to blow out the back of their Bellaire home with something concocted in a Russian lab during the Cold War.

He's in there so long, the Little family takes uncomfortable notice, and then detect the smell. They have to light candles.

Warehime eventually comes out as though nothing has occurred. It is at this time in which he proceeds to talk about how fancy the house is, and all of the nice things they have. He does this while having a dip and cussing like he's Richard Pryor doing a stand-up routine. It was enough to make David Allen Coe blush.

He also apparently corrected the dad on a couple of points, largely opinion differences, and overstayed his time. They couldn't wait to let him out of the house.

Herman begged in for a bigger visit, which he got, but it was too late. They're probably still remodeling the bathroom.

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

u yt people have got to stop believing this fairy tale telling opp @closetojumping

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

4 hours ago, Caddox said:

There could be plenty of things at play here. We need to stop the bleeding in recruiting. Everything is completely shut down right now. Loudmouths are being quiet. If Herman's really coming back I promise the quiet would end. 

A lot went on for months, people started to celebrate, and then things went completely radio silent? Then all of a sudden the 9.95 morons start getting info from CDC? Who wasnt even on point for this deal? 

Confidence was high for a long time, meetings take place, and Urban wont put the issue to rest? This deal isnt over. Its in hibernation. Ive been having fun in this thread, but we are likely a month away. There's gonna be a ton of noise like today. The 9.95ers will have to keep their subscribers at bay while theyre in the dark or being fed horseshit. Dont let the timeline mind fuck you. 

This is how I see it. Patience. Some of you overreact like drama queens with every vague shift of the wind.

8 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

bruh click the imgur link i posted its hq the re up is fuzzy 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh boy. That dipshit cannot stop swinging from my nuts. I'm living in his pea-sized brain, rent free. 

Only one way to handle this. A good ole' fashion information-off. Both of you, spill everything you know about UM, and we'll be the arbiters of truth. 

As the great VY said, let yo nuts hang! 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

bruh click the imgur link i posted its hq the re up is fuzzy 

From looking at the imgur photo, looks like it's a Zoom Webinar that Urban is hosting. Not sure where the room is. Also not sure why a webinar would be meaningful given it could be attended by any number of people. Is this a room in Belmont or Moncrief?

I suppose significance of Tuesday is that it's post the denial so obviously something is still going on (but we know that from the Cowherd and Barton interviews/comments)

Here's the link again:

https://i.imgur.com/7G3lxVc.jpg

2 minutes ago, Octavian said:

From looking at the imgur photo, looks like it's a Zoom Webinar that Urban is hosting. Not sure where the room is. Also not sure why a webinar would be meaningful given it could be attended by any number of people. Is this a room in Belmont or Moncrief?

I suppose significance of Tuesday is that it's post the denial so obviously something is still going on (but we know that from the Cowherd and Barton interviews/comments)

Here's the link again:

Link doesnt work for me?

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I post semi-frequently during the day and the night.

What are the representatives of these programs prepared to offer for my allegiance?

Odds are Urbs would be officially announced during the day so the chance to revel in the greatest coup this side of Saban to Bama awaits you.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I post semi-frequently during the day and the night.

What are the representatives of these programs prepared to offer for my allegiance?

Its all about attitude

Night Crew does not pay for allegiance - If you are "We Texas bitch, Urban is ours!" you can join Night Crew

If you are "OMG, what will we ever do?  Urban may not like us, Herman will get a 20 year contract and then we are fucked" you are Day Crew and they will pay you whatever you ask, in the form of McRibs or Gummy Bears, to join their pantywasted, crying in the corner, therapy group..

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Here's the link again:

Something interesting about that photo to me is that if you google search it, the only results that come up are links to it here on this board...so it doesn't seem to have come from somewhere else on the web. 

Edited by wood

Just now, wood said:

Something interesting about that photo to me is that if you google search it, the only results that come up are links to it here on this board. 

Because what happens on surly changes the world. Apologize for jumping into day crew. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, pops said:

Because what happens on surly changes the world. Apologize for jumping into day crew. 

Night crew here. Holla. And you don't need to apologize for working overtime to pick up the slack.

Edited by wood

6 minutes ago, wood said:

Something interesting about that photo to me is that if you google search it, the only results that come up are links to it here on this board...so it doesn't seem to have come from somewhere else on the web. 

Also the picture was take at 2:15 p.m. Anything we can do with that info? What time/day was Eltife in Columbus again?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic