Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm not the one who actually believes stupid shit like every coach every year says every one of his units is the best he's ever seen.

Name another instance where Tom Herman said a unit on the Texas football team was the best he's ever been around. Anyone who said what he said about the 2017 Texas OL loses all credibility regarding offensive line play. It didn't take the season to start before everyone called him out for that absolutely stupid statement. You don't say a shitty group is the best you've ever seen to build them up. There are plenty of other things to say.

Your argument boils down to saying that Tom Herman deserves more time if we can't find Football Jesus (no offense VY) to coach next season because maybe Herman will have a good OL to work with. Who exactly do you think is ultimately responsible for the shitty OL play we've had for 4 years? Who is responsible for hiring the coach, recruiting the players, and ensuring that the players are coached up?

Recruiting is getting worse, not better.

My standard isn't football jesus, it's Matt fucking Campbell. That's not some herculean bar to cross. I think Tom is responsible because the buck does stop there. I've said multiple times, if you bothered to read my comments instead of running canned responses to what you think I am saying, that Tom's personnel selection in terms of staff is his biggest issue as a HC (unfortunately probably one of the most important things to be good at). He seems to have lucked into a good staff on the defensive side and with the things he is good at would in theory be equipped to do well next season. If we can get Matt Campbell or better though, fire him. If not, roll the dice on an OL coach (odd that you seem willing to open the YellowPages to a random name for the next guy, yet you oppose trying to find a new OL coach given that the available options for replacement HC outside of the guys I listed are lackluster at best).

Just now, millhouse said:

Do every game what you do in a bowl game and the brinks truck would be backing up. But here we are asking why, who, when, yet again

Exactly. You want credit for coming up big in bowl games? Then come up big in the games you're supposed to win, too.

33 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Sure, but the issue isn't the entire offense, it's particular. The offensive line blows chunks. If we fix the offensive line and are still seeing the offense randomly sputter out when it shouldn't then I would agree with you. Like I said a billion times I don't love Herman. His meddling does introduce issues. With that all being said, most of the solutions are cutting off our nose to spite our face. Like seriously some of the Plan 3.5 names or whatever the fuck these dumbass shit for brains 9.95ers are calling their idiotic suggestions are just terrible. I don't want shitty retreads that would be our version of Charlie Weiss. I don't want G5 coaches with less success than Herman when he came here. If we can get a coach that either had recent success in the NFL or P5 or had a better resume at the G5 level than Herman or Strong did when they got here, sign me the fuck up. If we can't, let's not shoot ourselves in the dick to prove that we know Herman has a big ego.

Mackovic had his defenders in 1997, too.

He just isn't that good. If we can't get Campbell, there are other options who are all better than Herman.

Would expect that the rumor mill will be running hot and heavy in the morning after that bowl game, one way or another.

Anyone willing to believe that the big money behind Urban would not be at the bowl game? Someone has got to have had drinks afterwards, and if it is drunkingly muttered, Surly probably has ears out to hear it..

1 hour ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Who do you want then, assuming we can't the guys I mentioned being suitable replacements? Who would be worthy of rolling the dice on instead of Herman. Why should we believe odds are good they work out better? Everyone can tell me that Herman sucks at x, y, and z. Most of the time I agree since I've said similar things here and elsewhere. What no one can seem to answer is, why should we believe going below the bar I mentioned would yield better results than what we have?

Because people have gone with Stoops, Saban, Dabo, Urban and others all of which would in your estimation at the time would been less than what we have. Tom had his chance, he has proven to be immature, incapable and most importantly unable to learn from his mistakes. You have to take new chances to find the right person.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Majorcholas said:

Trim that shit off then you don’t waste developing bark on something you get rid of.

You damn right.

You trim the fat cap and all of the excess fat off of a pork butt before seasoning it.

That way, you achieve much more edible bark that adds flavor to the finished pulled pork.

Don’t worry about the crap you are getting from the rookies.

They don’t know any better.

• Hook 'Em 1

You damn right.
You trim the fat cap and all of the excess fat off of a pork butt before seasoning it.
That way, you achieve much more edible bark that adds flavor to the finished pulled pork.
Don’t worry about the crap you are getting from the rookies.
They don’t know any better.

f44eeb856e823f2f4e69c71c5a2443ef.gif

619bfba6b33867dec7b0d046acd02c69.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

What I saw last night that impressed me was the OL.  We had 4 Freshman and a Junior starting.  Christian Jones is getting better.  Karic was solid.  Majors will be a starter from here on out.  Tyler Johnson looked good.  The next OL coach is walking into some talent.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wood said:

Stopped reading right there. Where was his elite game planning in the several games we lost or should have lost this year and in other years?

I'll take "Very good game planner every week" over "elite game planner once or twice a season" any fucking time.

number of days to prepare for colorado: 9

number of days to prepare for iowa state: 20

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1