Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Little Black Sambo is a little boy in India. He was chased around the tree by tigers which live in Asia. Okie dokie - maybe in the Zimbabwe Zoo. The English called everyone darker than lily white blacks.

Why is Sambo racist for Africans.?

On 7/26/2018 at 12:24 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

The carriage return automatically gives you a double space in the Surly forum interface. Please stop hitting it twice between paragraphs. The carriage return is also known as the "Enter" or "Return" key. Sometimes it's represented by <CR>. When I hit it once...

This is the spacing. That's double spaced text. When I hit it twice...

This is the spacing. That's a big waste of space. Don't do that. 

You mean

Like this

?

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
16 hours ago, Tom said:

Also the weird obsession with eating tons of deep fried foods that should never have been deep fried.

This too. Deep fried oreos, like really??

Surprised you don't like it there.  That'd be like shooting fish in a barrel for you.

Or is it the awkwardness of your last 6 hook-ups in the same vicinity?  

doggolingo annoys the ever living shit out of me.

Here's an example:

Saw this big heckin doggo on the disc golf course yesterday, he was doin a good find for his owner

Wtf is this shit?

The we rate dogs guy has made a mint doing this.

Tis the season for baseball teams to go to state/nationals.

Back in the day they would sell candy bars, popcorn, light bulbs (the most brilliant of ANYTHING EVER), etc.  Or, hold car washes which I always participated in and gave an extra $5 or so.

The new trend I see is simply panhandling on street corners.  Bucket in hand with some small sign asking for money.  

NO.

• Like 3

Just moved into a new place and I'm convinced whoever designed the electrical stuff in this house must have been on their first day on the job.

A is the kitchen

B is a hall light

C is the breakfast nook area

1, 2, and 3 are light switches. Anyone want to guess which switch corresponds to which light?

Spoiler

1 = A (kitchen)

2 = C (breakfast nook)

3 = B (hall light)

NgXXdkm.jpg

Just moved into a new place and I'm convinced whoever designed the electrical stuff in this house must have been on their first day on the job.
A is the kitchen
B is a hall light
C is the breakfast nook area
1, 2, and 3 are light switches. Anyone want to guess which switch corresponds to which light?

Spoiler 1 = A (kitchen)
2 = C (breakfast nook)
3 = B (hall light)

NgXXdkm.jpg
Apartment I take it? If not call an electrician. That really would cost much to swap. Few hundred at most.

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

“ATX”

It has always seemed like a blatant ripoff of PDX. If it was at least our airport code like PDX is, then it would make sense. Instead it’s just trying hard to have a cool sounding abbreviation like Portland.

PDX is stupid. ATX at least makes sense for Austin, TX.

15 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

“ATX”

It has always seemed like a blatant ripoff of PDX. If it was at least our airport code like PDX is, then it would make sense. Instead it’s just trying hard to have a cool sounding abbreviation like Portland.

PDX sounds like a ripoff of LAX

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

“ATX”

ATX is more a ripoff of ATL than PDX.  Now get off my lawn!

Advertisements on the wall right above a urinal. Please tell me this is just an aggy thing and not a nationwide trend.

Trivial as fuck. Why do you care? Just don’t read them. I sometimes like reading them just because. Do billboards piss you off too? That would make more sense because they make cities uglier.

18 hours ago, markstanco said:

Back in the day they would sell candy bars, popcorn, light bulbs (the most brilliant of ANYTHING EVER), etc.  Or, hold car washes which I always participated in and gave an extra $5 or so.

The new trend I see is simply panhandling on street corners.  Bucket in hand with some small sign asking for money.  

NO.

37922804_10216341727005944_5991554290739

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, TornACL said:

What is the proper course of action for a coworker who has their work email linked to their cell phone, and their cell phone notifications turned up to 11 so that it dings every 3 seconds all day long?

break the phone in half.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Trivial as fuck. Why do you care? Just don’t read them. I sometimes like reading them just because. Do billboards piss you off too? That would make more sense because they make cities uglier.

I despise being anyone's captive audience. And saying "don't read them" is an awful lot like saying "don't think about a pink elephant."

21 hours ago, markstanco said:

NO.

I never give them money because I know it is just funding a for profit tournament, plus they are always in like Orlando or las vegas.  I'm not paying for your families vacation.  I'm sure there are plenty of good teams to play within are 4 hour drive.

• Like 3

I would guess that DFW airport was named after conventions at the time rather than the other way around. 

ATX at least makes sense as Austin, TX, compared to PDX.

I think it was just fortuitous that AT ends with X. They seem use X as a filler for two letter codes. Los Angeles is LA with an X at the end. PD is Portland with an X at the end. XNA is for Northwest Arkansas, not sure why the X is at the front.

Edit: Nevermind, that’s not your airport code. Just some hipster thing. I’m cool with it.

10 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

The new stoplight they put on 360 just north of Bee Caves Road.  Seriously, whoever gave that the ok needs to be shot in the fucking face.  

I don't know, man.  My wife uses it every day, and it really does make that U-turn there safer (heading NB to SB).  I've had to use it a few times, and other than the fact it takes 5 minutes per cycle, it's great.  And supposedly it was put in to preemptively address the increase of traffic leaving that lot since the new Apple complex is located back there.