Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep her she has until noon tomorrow to pay up, or you’ll dox her on every website known to man. Nextdoor, Facebook, customer reviews of socks on Walmart.com, outing her as a woman WHO DEFRAUDS PEOPLE WHO PUT ON FUNERALS.
Clock’s ticking, bitch. Tick tock.

LOL. I get your point but this is her social media presence: 

7TqtbzR.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I thought you were bullshitting, then I googled it. Fucking white people !

And it's not just Yeti or Taiga. Freaking Coleman and Igloo are selling $300+ coolers. 

I finally gave in and bought a $100 igloo for the family(wife). But I haven't used it or cut the tags off yet. It might go back.

• Rage+1 1

LOL. I get your point but this is her social media presence: 
7TqtbzR.gif.2656e473304977a3087effafda1bfe90.gif

Say you know where where she lives. You’re going to follow her around alternately playing bagpipes and exclaiming to the world she’s a thief until she pays up. Church. Social clubs. Whatever.

Then do it.
  • Like 3

Well, hell, faith in humanity is somewhat restored. Sent another note to her saying she could pay cash or we can run a CC. She called me at work and said she was coming right over. Walked in and handed me the cash difference. The funeral director had told me the two sisters were fighting all week over the service and he wasn't going to get between them. At the funeral their families even sat on opposite sides of the church. Her story was that her sister was in charge of payments. She asked me if I thought I might have lost it. I told her I knew it was not there. She said here sister had made some statements supporting the fact that she short paid on purpose and believed me. Either way, I got my money and it will be placed in the buy me a (used) corvette against my wife's wishes, retirement fund. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Well, hell, faith in humanity is somewhat restored. Sent another note to her saying she could pay cash or we can run a CC. She called me at work and said she was coming right over. Walked in and handed me the cash difference. The funeral director had told me the two sisters were fighting all week over the service and he wasn't going to get between them. At the funeral their families even sat on opposite sides of the church. Her story was that her sister was in charge of payments. She asked me if I thought I might have lost it. I told her I knew it was not there. She said here sister had made some statements supporting the fact that she short paid on purpose and believed me. Either way, I got my money and it will be placed in the buy me a (used) corvette against my wife's wishes, retirement fund. 

Oh... fuck...

I had already put a pipe bomb in her mailbox for you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Party over the weekend at a neighbors bay house. I’ve known the family for 30 years. Grandpa owned a concrete construction company, worked like a young man 6 days a week into his late 70’s. Finally gets too blind to work and hands the company to his son who’d worked for him all his life and knew the business like the back of his hand. Poor dude (son) drowns while wade fishing about 15-17 years ago. When his son reaches 18 he inherits many millions of bucks, he’s probably a little over 30 now. Had to listen to this douche talk down about two of our other neighbors for not having the shit he takes for granted. Laughed out loud at their substandard poor people stuff. Guy’s never held a job or even worked a day in his life! And he’s teaching his kids to be entitled little shits too.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

Party over the weekend at a neighbors bay house. I’ve known the family for 30 years. Grandpa owned a concrete construction company, worked like a young man 6 days a week into his late 70’s. Finally gets too blind to work and hands the company to his son who’d worked for him all his life and knew the business like the back of his hand. Poor dude (son) drowns while wade fishing about 15-17 years ago. When his son reaches 18 he inherits many millions of bucks, he’s probably a little over 30 now. Had to listen to this douche talk down about two of our other neighbors for not having the shit he takes for granted. Laughed out loud at their substandard poor people stuff. Guy’s never held a job or even worked a day in his life! And he’s teaching his kids to be entitled little shits too.

You left out the part where you pulled the plugs out of his bay boat and pissed in its gas tank.

6 hours ago, elfenix said:

people shooting off fireworks at 1:30 in the morning

On June 28th.

3rd and 4th, IDGAF.  This stringing it out horseshit is just stupid.

i have an email address in the form of [first.last]@server , and my name is not that common

more than one people have provided my same address [firstlast]@server , for legitimate non-nefarious purposes.  i dont know how you could do this.  like...errr...i dont have or know my own address, so please just use this one for my Frontier Cable TV account ?????

anyway, today i received an email confirmation of a hotel booking, for a stay starting tomorrow.  so through that email link i went ahead and just canceled their reservation.  good luck with the walk-up rates, fuckhead.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

i have an email address in the form of [first.last]@server , and my name is not that common

more than one people have provided my same address [firstlast]@server , for legitimate non-nefarious purposes.  i dont know how you could do this.  like...errr...i dont have or know my own address, so please just use this one for my Frontier Cable TV account ?????

anyway, today i received an email confirmation of a hotel booking, for a stay starting tomorrow.  so through that email link i went ahead and just canceled their reservation.  good luck with the walk-up rates, fuckhead.

I have a very unique email (same one since AOL days) and somehow got a reservation confirmation for a Penske rental truck a few months back.  It was some guy in Ohio and he used his own credit card and everything.  No idea how he would have mistakenly put in my email address.  But he apparently returned it in good shape and no one was the wiser.

• Like 2

Same email issue here, I got a very early Gmail invite and got my name with nothing extra.  I get random crap all the time.  Once I was getting updates from a daycare center on someone's kid, including pictures.  I didnt' want to have a seat over there, so I went to the trouble to track down the daycare center's phone number and let them know their error.

For months I have been getting someone's mileage logs from a trucking company.  Tried multiple times to get them to wise up, but no luck.  I just ignore those now.

• Like 1

On June 28th.
3rd and 4th, IDGAF.  This stringing it out horseshit is just stupid.

No ordinance against it here as we’re in an unincorporated part of the county. Even during burn bans it’s ok to set stuff off, because sand won’t burn I suppose. (Thermonuclear weapons the exception)So we get people coming to the beach year round setting off fireworks on random nights. Sometimes I sleep through it and only find out by all the Facebook posts on neighborhood pages from women complaining for the 6th time about their little dogs being freaked out, only to be told once again that it’s not illegal and either get used to it or move. And of course all the fireworks trash people have no issue driving away from being left on the beach.
  • Like 1

No ordinance against it here as we’re in an unincorporated part of the county. Even during burn bans it’s ok to set stuff off, because sand won’t burn I suppose. (Thermonuclear weapons the exception)So we get people coming to the beach year round setting off fireworks on random nights. Sometimes I sleep through it and only find out by all the Facebook posts on neighborhood pages from women complaining for the 6th time about their little dogs being freaked out, only to be told once again that it’s not illegal and either get used to it or move. And of course all the fireworks trash people have no issue driving away from being left on the beach.
I can live with the fireworks but clean up your damn mess!

We have a neighbor on our street who every year does the same shit. Just leaves the trash in the road.

1 hour ago, GoPokes83 said:

Even during burn bans it’s ok to set stuff off, because sand won’t burn I suppose. (Thermonuclear weapons the exception)

Nukes are fake (latest conspiracy theory, dontchaknow). 

• Like 1

I can live with the fireworks but clean up your damn mess!

We have a neighbor on our street who every year does the same shit. Just leaves the trash in the road.

Other than around the 4th and New Years fireworks trash is the occasional nuisance . Balled up shitty diapers (baby thankfully) left behind are pretty much daily. There are a couple of old ladies that hit the beach close to daybreak in their golf carts and spend a couple of hours every day picking up trash. God bless them!!

On 6/9/2023 at 10:37 AM, Nuge said:

I've been known to roll a soccer ball across the street in front of a speeding car so they have to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting a kid that might be chasing it.

I would love to have a radar activated jugs machine that does it automatically.

Was out on the lake a few years back and there was a boat and jetski (both part of the same group) racing around like idiots.  We had my buddy's kids with us that day, and at one point the jetski dude goes between our boat and the people that are floating on floats from our boat.  Since the kids were with us, we had a bag of green apples in the cooler.  The next time they passed, I launched an apple at the boat and at the jetski dude.  I hit the boat's windshield.  THey swing around and get all pissed off wanting to fight.  After they decided they were not likely to win the fight, they speed off again like complete idiots...only to run over a house boat's anchor rope and nearly flip their boat.  

They were arrested for BWI shortly after.  

I always keep apples in the cooler on the lake now.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 10:12 PM, Brisketexan said:

I’d pay him $250 to show up to my funeral and play Baby Got Back on the bagpipes. $300 if he shows up unannounced.

How about these bagpipe players?  Would having them show up at your funeral be something in which you might be interested?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

People who let their dogs shit in public and have no desire to pick it up. Actually, this isn't trivial. Fuck them.

Well, I can’t say that I’ve ever had the desire to pick up my dog’s waste. I do it every time because I respect the unwritten social contract I have with the rest of humanity and I’m not a psychopath, but it’s not something I actually want to do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

Parents that don't control their kids in a restaurant.

I watched a 2 YO making an absolute mess of the table, standing on the chair, hiding behind other people's chairs while the mom looked... at her phone. The last straw for the server was when the kid was doing yoga in the middle of an aisle, surrounded a pile of rice, watching a phone (apparently just for him, because mom has her own).

I think it's normal for little kids to make a mess, but the parents should be responsible for cleaning up their mess. My wife and I would always go under the table to pick up anything that may have dropped. Most parents would as well, but there have been plenty of times when the parents just pick up and leave with shit all over the tables and floors.

Just flew from Austin to Denver and 4 days later Denver to Austin.....

So this hits close to home

Coach pitch parents.

Cliff notes. I’m 6’3” trying to pitch to 7 year olds. We lost a game today 4-1. My first inning was brutal, but settled in and tossed plenty of cookies. After first inning heard a parent say something about the pitching. No big deal. I sucked and kids didn’t hear it. After the game we’re lining up at first and I’m surrounded by the kids and the same dad slams stuff in the wagon and says “we lost because of pitching again”. I invited him for a chat away from everyone and let him know that’s unacceptable. Say what you feel, but speaking down too or about a coach around kids is not ok. Also invited him to volunteer his time and become a coach as well.

When I start a season I always have a meeting with parents. I tell them if there are any comments they can get off their ass and get on that field.

If that Dad is bad at 7, good luck in the future.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

When I start a season I always have a meeting with parents. I tell them if there are any comments they can get off their ass and get on that field.

If that Dad is bad at 7, good luck in the future.

Kind of dad that starts talking scholly’s at 9, but it’ll never be Jr’s complete lack of athleticism that will cause that not to happen.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

You wanna post some random thing on TikTok or Instagram good for you, some are pretty darn entertaining. But completely fuck professional TikTokers, Instagram influencers or questionable looking “models” directly in the goatass with a giant cactus! Those idiots and the people who keep them in business are definitely a wheel damaging pothole on the highway of humanity! And don’t get me started with reaction videos! Asshat, I know how to watch a damn video, I don’t need to see some self important random attention deprived douche teaching me how I should look while doing it!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1