Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Handicapped tags hanging from the rear view mirror while driving.

It’s a fucking parking tag. Take it down while you are driving. You’re supposedly an afflicted cripple as it is (most likely just a lazy fat fuck) so the last thing we need is for half of your field of vision to be blocked.

Besides all that…who the fuck drives around announcing to the world I’M A FUCKING BROKEN DOWN IN VALID!

Edited by MirrOlure
  • Fuck You 2

On 9/22/2023 at 9:03 AM, MirrOlure said:

Handicapped tags hanging from the rear view mirror while driving.

It’s a fucking parking tag. Take it down while you are driving. You’re supposedly an afflicted cripple as it is (most likely just a lazy fat fuck) so the last thing we need is for half of your field of vision to be blocked.

Besides all that…who the fuck drives around announcing to the world I’M A FUCKING BROKEN DOWN IN VALID!

STFU

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’m discovering a huge percentage of the population doesn’t iron, and may not even own an iron. I’m terribly vexed by this. A lot of polyester clothing can stink after awhile. Clothing with cotton is good. Cotton may need ironing. What is the world doing? Ironing sucks. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m discovering a huge percentage of the population doesn’t iron, and may not even own an iron. I’m terribly vexed by this. A lot of polyester clothing can stink after awhile. Clothing with cotton is good. Cotton may need ironing. What is the world doing? Ironing sucks. 

That’s what dry cleaners are for. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Strike while the iron is hot is what I always say. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The fact that Austin only has bulk pick up twice a year, while Dallas has it every month.

Do what?   Houston area is monthly or every third Friday or some shit like that.  Thinking back now though, every single thing I’ve ever put on the curb (semi bulky or not) gets picked up.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I rarely iron now that ive bought a steamer

• Hook 'Em 1

Grocery store baggers that put everything into 2 bags weighing 45 pounds each and handing back 2 empty bags like they’re doing me a favor.
It was never like this until the past 6 months. Maybe I should ask to speak to the manager. 
I like when they toss the raw meat in with the fruits and vegetables.
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Superhero said:

Grocery store baggers that put everything into 2 bags weighing 45 pounds each and handing back 2 empty bags like they’re doing me a favor.

It was never like this until the past 6 months. Maybe I should ask to speak to the manager. 

Or, Walmart clerks that use one bag per item.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

Folks that are hauling junked/scrapped vehicles down the interstate (to Mexico I guess?) in 100% laughably dangerous Beverly Hillbillies caravans. I live on I-10 and I see them daily. Toyota 4Runners pulling 3-4 junked Toyota Tacomas that are daisy chained ass-to-mouth rolling down I-10.

Yesterday between Baton Rouge and Lake Charles there was a 20ft box truck that was in a serious bind, towing a rollback truck with an old Silverado strapped on the deck, with a fucking Sea-Doo strapped down and half hanging out of the bed of the Silverado.

How is this legal? It was a Final Destination scene waiting to happen.

• Rage+1 4

People who designed the McDonalds self ordering kiosk are not good at their job. 

the graphics and font are skinny and tiny relative to the huge 32” display. 

the userflow requires you to reach back and forth across the entire screen. 

simply paying at the machine, which is what most people do, require too many clicks: pay now —> pay at machine —> pay with card. there should just be a single persistent “pay now with card” button. 

This is an unacceptable solution for a company with 1B+ retail customers. Seems like a job they handed off to Accenture who outsourced it to India for implementation 

• Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

What do you mean, the font is too small?  Jones, what will it cost to redesign the UX?  THAT MUCH?

Okay, what will it cost to get an absurdly huge kiosk screen to make the font SOMEWHAT readable?  Yeah, that'll teach the UX goons...  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

People who designed the McDonalds self ordering kiosk are not good at their job. 

simply paying at the machine, which is what most people do, require too many clicks: pay now —> pay at machine —> pay with card. there should just be a single persistent “pay now with card” button. 

This is an unacceptable solution for a company with 1B+ retail customers. Seems like a job they handed off to Accenture who outsourced it to India for implementation 

The only time I ever have to interact with those is if I'm in a hurry at the airport, but they are never anything but an absolute beating. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

The only time I ever have to interact with those is if I'm in a hurry at the airport, but they are never anything but an absolute beating. 

Most of the nearby independent shops use the same tablet-software ive seen here but not beyond….so it mustve been a local product. 

Probably made by 3 dudes in their 20s and infinitely better designed. 

20 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

People that read/look at their cellphone while deplaning down the jetbridge. Just hold it together for 45 seconds sans phone and GTFO the plane

Had some young dude walking toward me on the sidewalk awhile back with his head down, staring at his phone. I was on one side but he was walking straight down the middle. I waited for him to notice me until he was a few steps away and finally had to say, “Heads up!” to keep him from walking into me.

36 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Recently I ran into one of these on Highway 80 near Forney. The drive thru line was wrapped around the building. The only reason I go to McDs anyway is for the drive-thru senior coffee. I wasn’t waiting 15 minutes for that. I thought I’d be smart and go inside for the 2 minute interaction with a cashier to get the 50 cent cup of coffee. 

Nope. There was no cashier. Only the self-service screens. And no option to order the senior coffee. There was a guy holding a tablet to help, but he couldn’t be a cashier, or order anything the self-serve board wouldn’t allow me to order. 

I walked out. They don’t care about customers anymore? Fine. That’s their right. As it is mine to choose not to spend my $3-$5 a year on their senior coffee. That’ll show them. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Had some young dude walking toward me on the sidewalk awhile back with his head down, staring at his phone. I was on one side but he was walking straight down the middle. I waited for him to notice me until he was a few steps away and finally had to say, “Heads up!” to keep him from walking into me.

When this happens, sometimes I’ll just stop and stand still. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MrBig said:

When you open resealable bags (like a beef jerky bag) you have to tear off the top to access the seal. It drives me fucking bonkers when someone rips the seal off instead of cutting it nicely with a pair of scissors.

I've had some cases where the heat seal is sealed <below> the reseal strip, so you have to cut the reseal strip off to open the bag. Great job, guys.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

10 hours ago, MrBig said:

When you open resealable bags (like a beef jerky bag) you have to tear off the top to access the seal. It drives me fucking bonkers when someone rips the seal off instead of cutting it nicely with a pair of scissors.

No reason that the tear line isnt perforated (at a cost of $0.005 per bag). 

Related, i buy these fucking gigantic bags of rice, and they use this type of stitching that if you snip it properly, the whole thing rips off satisfyingly in a single motion. If you dont, you have to snip off every individual stitch. 

I’ve never found how to do it properly. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

No reason that the tear line isnt perforated (at a cost of $0.005 per bag). 

Related, i buy these fucking gigantic bags of rice, and they use this type of stitching that if you snip it properly, the whole thing rips off satisfyingly in a single motion. If you dont, you have to snip off every individual stitch. 

I’ve never found how to do it properly. 

Birdseed comes in the same impossible bag. I feel like such a dumbass for not being able to get it to work right. 

7 hours ago, smuggs said:

Folks that are hauling junked/scrapped vehicles down the interstate (to Mexico I guess?) in 100% laughably dangerous Beverly Hillbillies caravans. I live on I-10 and I see them daily. Toyota 4Runners pulling 3-4 junked Toyota Tacomas that are daisy chained ass-to-mouth rolling down I-10.

Yesterday between Baton Rouge and Lake Charles there was a 20ft box truck that was in a serious bind, towing a rollback truck with an old Silverado strapped on the deck, with a fucking Sea-Doo strapped down and half hanging out of the bed of the Silverado.

I see this everyday on my drive to work on I-20 in NE Texas

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, smuggs said:

See it all the time on I20 out here in ETX. 

Car shopping makes me surly.

I’m in the market for a new vehicle for Mrs NNM. I know the make, model, and trim level(s) I want. I only have 3 criteria: 1) 4WD (we go to Co. frequently): 2) a particular equipment package; and 3) a particular red that Mrs NNM wants, only available in the top 3 trim lines. I’m a cash buyer, so this should be very, very easy  

A dealer in Grand Prairie has two vehicles which fit the bill, and their internet pricing is aggressive and looks good. He can’t sell them because both are under a recall. It may be 4Q before they’re ready to sell.

Makes me surly. 

• Hook 'Em 1