Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Probably not the answer you're looking for but I work in healthcare IT and work with radiology and cardio imaging, and we found that if we didn't do confirmations a few days prior to appointments our no-show rate was insane.  I'm talking 50% or greater.  It played hell with staffing, revenue, and satisfaction numbers.  Once we implemented a program to reach out by phone or electronically our no show rates dropped below 10%.  So, in short, it's because if we don't remind people they don't show up and have to be rescheduled and the clinical staff sits around getting paid to do nothing half the day.

This. People are jackasses. Ruins it for the rest of us.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Why do I have to "confirm" every fucking thing I'm doing these days? I make a Drs appointment, they text me to confirm like 2-3 days before I'm supposed to be there. What if I have something come up the night before? I made a reservation at top golf last night, going there on saturday. I just got an email to confirm. well, no shit I plan on being there. I paid a fucking deposit. Why are these places so fucking desperate to "confirm"? 
Fucking this. And not just confirm, but over confirm. Sometimes 3 to 4 times. I sometimes just want to cancel on principle because I'm annoyed at how often you want to make sure I'm coming. Fuck off. I'm an adult, I'm good at letting you know if something comes up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Enraging. They want to pester us incessantly about shit ahead of time, then they should be ready when we arrive on time. 

I just swapped out my summer tires and wheels for my winters, and I got like three emails and five texts from Discount Tire to confirm my appointment over the span of four days, and the fucking assholes still had me waiting for almost an hour and a half past my appointment time before they actually got to work, and then they fucked up the hub rings, so I had to wait another 15 minutes after they first "finished" the job. It turned into an almost two hour timesuck, and the sumbitches have the gall to talk up how booking appointments online saves time. 

Don't sell me the fucking tires if you're going to waste my time completing the services I paid a premium for down the line. 

Pretty salty that those buttdicks have bought out Tire Rack, so now they have even less incentive not to suck. 

There are summer and winter tires?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

yes.  I live in fucking Texas.

Summer tires perform better than all-seasons (by a long shot) during the warmer months but turn into rock-hard hockey pucks around 40°. I heartily and emphatically recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport line. 

There are all-season tires that are a mediocre compromise between summer and winter tires. We don't have permanent snow or ice in Chicago, so I actually use all-seasons rather than true winter tires from about Thanksgiving until Easter, give or take. True winter tires/snow tires give very good grip in snow and ice but will deteriorate quickly if driven on regular (i.e., not snowy or icy) roads. 

If going the true snow tire route, it's also beneficial to try to use a narrower wheel than stock to increase grip in slippery conditions. 

Edit: most people don't know any better, and some do but don't give a shit, so the overwhelming majority of people in Chicago just rock the same set of uniformly mediocre all season tires year round. It's not as critical to switch here as in other areas with more severe winters. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:03 AM, Sandman said:

I made a reservation at top golf last night, going there on saturday. I just got an email to confirm. well, no shit I plan on being there. I paid a fucking deposit. Why are these places so fucking desperate to "confirm"? 

UPDATE: 90 mins before my booking, top golf texted me to see if I wanted to sign in all my players now. Fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

ESPN has this CFB writer David Hale whos so bad. 

Whenever an article has various grammar and even basic typographical errors, and reads like a cutesy blog entry more than a professional article, I scroll back up to the byline and…yup…David fucking Hale. 

Fucking Formula 1 Pirelli talk up in here.  I thought I was done giving a shit about seasonal tires when I moved to Texas from Chicago 27 years ago.  But then this house, the slope of the lot down to the garage plus the south/western orientation of it.  The tires spend about 5 months a year in 95*+ temps when they're not even driving, let alone actually going on hot pavement.  So yeah, paga' attencion

two weeks out.  I needed a reminder today from my dentist via text to check the calendar appointment I made 5 months ago for a cleaning.

Nope.  Nothing's changed.  My appointment is still there.  uuuuuggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

It's time for the, "If you send me one more fucking reminder, I'm going elsewhere" speech.  Holy fuck is there a gotdam plague of amnesia across our society?

Maybe it’s the holiday season and there’s more traffic but finding myself honking at slow shitty drivers more often these days.  

Got behind some fuckstick at a roundabout and they’re treating it like a stop light.  MFer, I don’t care if you’re lost, just go in circles until you figure it and gtfo of my way. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Maybe it’s the holiday season and there’s more traffic but finding myself honking at slow shitty drivers more often these days.  

Got behind some fuckstick at a roundabout and they’re treating it like a stop light.  MFer, I don’t care if you’re lost, just go in circles until you figure it and gtfo of my way. 

Lately I’ve been getting behind a lot of slow motherfuckers who won’t speed up when entering the freeway. The road we’re turning off from is 45 mph and the entrance ramp continues into its own lane. We get to where we’re not on the ramp anymore, we’re on the actual freeway, and these dipshits are still doing 45-50. Traffic to our left is zipping by at 65-70 (at least) and they’re just plodding along, oblivious.

FUCKING STEP ON IT!!! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Trying to get to work this morning and it's backed up on the I-35 frontage to get on at 183. Horrible. Finally get up to enter the freeway and the entrance is blocked off for construction.  Maybe put a sign up somewhere back you stupid fucking aggy TxDot assholes. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

taking garbage to the dumpster, only its full, except that its not full, its just full of cardboard boxes that aren't broken down (or even better, recycled).

corollary to the above: cardboard boxes full of packing peanuts that spill all over ground when the dumpster is dumped.

Fucking assholes.

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Fucking oil change place broke my glove box taking out the cabin air filter to try and up sell me.  Of course they didn’t bother to tell me.  They let me find out by having all my shit fall in the floor the next time I opened the glove box

This is some bullshit

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Fucking oil change place broke my glove box taking out the cabin air filter to try and up sell me.  Of course they didn’t bother to tell me.  They let me find out by having all my shit fall in the floor the next time I opened the glove box

Dealer called and told us the car needed a new engine air filter and would we like them to replace it while they had it? No. The car has 4000 miles and this is the first oil change on it. Service advisor backed down instantly when he overheard my brother yell "are you fucking kidding me" in the background.

Selling a bunch of the kids’ old toys on FB Marketplace.
I can understand and deal with the lowball offers. It’s the people who ask if it’s still available then drop off the face of the planet that pisses me off. 
I like when I give up trying to get any money out of it and list something for free only to have people fuck around and waste my time. Stop asking me questions. Take it or leave it asshole.

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

Selling a bunch of the kids’ old toys on FB Marketplace.

I can understand and deal with the lowball offers. It’s the people who ask if it’s still available then drop off the face of the planet that pisses me off. 

Wife has been dealing with a lot of that shit as well with the items she's been trying to sell.  I also love the ones who lowball and then have the audacity to ask if you'll meet them somewhere instead of pickup. 

14 hours ago, tigol said:

People in reverse that aren't moving.  Especially if I am behind them at a light.  The fuckers that sit in parking spots in reverse can go to hell.

This one kills me as well.  Whatever manufacturer decided to put the reverse lights on when in park can also smd.  I forget which one it is (Chevy?), but I think they don't do it anymore.

But there's no greater feeling than taking my car out of reverse when I see someone else backing up and getting a wave from them.  It's not just a 'thank you for letting me go first' it's a 'thank you for having a clue.'

• Hook 'Em 1

Christmas makes me surly.  The whole fucking thing.  It now starts before Halloween and lasts three months.  I hate the stupid music.  I hate fucking eggnog. I hate the fucking shopping.  I hate giving and getting presents.  I hate Santa clause and his fucking elves.  Rudolf can bite me.  And I hope the rest of the reindeer get molested by aggy.  I hate putting up fucking decorations and then fucking taking them down.  What's the fucking point.  Christmas trees are a giant fucking drain on the ecosystem.  No I don't enjoy looking at the fucking lights on your house, we'll be lucky if you don't cause the entire Texas power grid to fail.  In short fuck Christmas.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 12/5/2023 at 12:07 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Not trivial.  My pickup is configured that way.  First time I saw dude open the passenger side door, I tapped on the glass from the waiting room,’ There’s nothing in there for you.’  He nodded in acknowledgment at least.

On one hand, I was slightly impressed the 20-something knew where to look, but on the other it’s not cool to be using my vehicle as a magical margin enhancer.  If you’re not careful with that whole assembly, it easily gets fucked up. I just tell them oil and filter only.  I like doing the other shit on my own, anyhoo.

24 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Christmas makes me surly.  The whole fucking thing.  It now starts before Halloween and lasts three months.  I hate the stupid music.  I hate fucking eggnog. I hate the fucking shopping.  I hate giving and getting presents.  I hate Santa clause and his fucking elves.  Rudolf can bite me.  And I hope the rest of the reindeer get molested by aggy.  I hate putting up fucking decorations and then fucking taking them down.  What's the fucking point.  Christmas trees are a giant fucking drain on the ecosystem.  No I don't enjoy looking at the fucking lights on your house, we'll be lucky if you don't cause the entire Texas power grid to fail.  In short fuck Christmas.

But you do agree that Die Hard is a Christmas movie, right? 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 10:36 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Filling out forms online and it asks which country I'm from or located and United States isn't at the very top of the drop down list of options.

People who fill out government forms that ask for your county of residence and they put "USA" because fuck reading, I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Went to a burger place where you order and pay on a touchscreen, pour your own drink, they call your name that you type in and you pick up your food. And you bus your own tray.

And the screen asked for a tip.

Ordered something online, not from amazon, and at checkout it asked for a tip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 12/6/2023 at 3:30 AM, 52-80 said:

calendar apps that dont allow you to set the Start of Week day.

monday is the start of the week.  thats why Sat and Sun are called the weekend.  i mean, im not using an islamic calendar damnit im using western apps.

I know it's weird, but Friday is my start of the week. I rarely take live meetings on Fridays and use it for paperwork and to schedule all my meetings for the next week. It also gives me time to figure out what house/yard stuff I need to get done on Saturday and Sunday after knowing what family/friends plans we might have. So I can easily figure out when I'm going to get shit I need done without missing family stuff. 

So everything I have is set to Friday, except the fitness tracker on my watch........It bugs the shit out of me

If you shoot the shit with any checkout person while others are waiting on you, just know that those of us in line are praying you get food poisoning. Order your shit and then fuck off. They’re not your friend. 
Old people do this a lot in my experience. Maybe they don't have any other human interaction in their day to day?