Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

People who will type the word "fixing" and mean "about to." I can tolerate if that's the way you speak casually, but something about seeing it typed out fucking annoys the hell out of me. Same to a lesser extent with seeing "yall" written. And this is from someone who was born in Texas and lived here my entire life. 

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You don't return your shopping cart to the cart corral either, do you?

It's a knot. The only issue is with a new loaf when only a couple of slices have been taken out. After that, twist the bag and put a knot. The end of the bag is then folded under the loaf of bread.

On 1/6/2023 at 5:47 PM, deadshank said:

Sidewalk?  We don’t care. Gonna stand in the street with our dogs.  

And not move. 

73DA2A0F-9EA5-4881-ABD7-D53B3FCFCEF5.jpeg

What's wrong with this? That's a wide street and they aren't taking up more space than the car that's parked on it two doors down.

I've gotten more and more "cars suck" as I get older. The shit you see on sidewalks is mind-numbing until you realize how much priority is given to cars versus actual people. Our walk to school with the kid includes bushes taking over half the walk... a telephone pole literally in the middle of the walkway... and narrow spots where you can't walk side by side while the residential street could literally fit four lanes.

15 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

What's wrong with this? That's a wide street and they aren't taking up more space than the car that's parked on it two doors down.

I've gotten more and more "cars suck" as I get older. The shit you see on sidewalks is mind-numbing until you realize how much priority is given to cars versus actual people. Our walk to school with the kid includes bushes taking over half the walk... a telephone pole literally in the middle of the walkway... and narrow spots where you can't walk side by side while the residential street could literally fit four lanes.

Sidewalks are there for a reason.  Use them.  As a group stand in the street with traffic coming through.  Brilliant idea. 

Or, perhaps, I will start driving on the sidewalk when people are actually walking on them.  

How will that work out?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Sidewalks are there for a reason.  Use them.  As a group stand in the street with traffic coming through.  Brilliant idea. 

Or, perhaps, I will start driving on the sidewalk when people are actually walking on them.  

How will that work out?  

Very neighborly of you. 

They ain't standing on a highway. It's a residential street where the speed limit is what, 30 mph? There's no other traffic. They aren't in the middle of the street. 

As least you posted in the spirit of the thread title.

14 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Very neighborly of you. 

They ain't standing on a highway. It's a residential street where the speed limit is what, 30 mph? There's no other traffic. They aren't in the middle of the street. 

It’s a picture from a particular moment.  Perhaps I should have taken a video.  There was traffic.   I came back 15 minutes later and they were still there. Had not budged.  

Standing in the street is not a good idea.  Move over to the sidewalk provided for pedestrian traffic.  

It is not too difficult for most.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 4:18 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

Had a dude pull this shit at our favorite watering hole this past Friday at HH.  Bar was about half full, everyone minding their own business when he pulls this shit. 

He was a couple of stools down from me and I just looked at him and said "dude, really?"  He kinda gave an apologetic wave and took it outside.  After a few minutes, he came back in, apologized for being a douche and everyone continued our Friday.  Sometimes I think people are just so self absorbed, they forget themselves. 

About a year ago a woman at the table next to me and my friends pulled this. She honest to god discussed her colonoscopy results/ongoing anal issues with the caller.

Whole sports bar was like WTF.

12 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Very neighborly of you. 

12 hours ago, deadshank said:

It’s a picture from a particular moment.  Perhaps I should have taken a video.  There was traffic.   I came back 15 minutes later and they were still there. Had not budged.  

Standing in the street is not a good idea.  Move over to the sidewalk provided for pedestrian traffic.  

It is not too difficult for most.  

I'm team deadshank on this one.  Especially if they have dogs.  I've seen people gabbing like this and their dog is just wandering on leash into the middle of the road.  Pay attention fuckwads.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 7:27 PM, BearMace said:

People who will type the word "fixing" and mean "about to." I can tolerate if that's the way you speak casually, but something about seeing it typed out fucking annoys the hell out of me. Same to a lesser extent with seeing "yall" written. And this is from someone who was born in Texas and lived here my entire life. 

,"finna"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

These engagement photos where the couple is on the summit of Everest or the middle of the Mojave desert, and the girl is feigning shock when the guy drops to his knee.  As if the third person following them around with a camera didn't tip her off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

when the sock you're wearing bunches up in your shoes.  it fucking kills me. 

i have some shoes with an unusually grippy insole that grabs socks causing bunching midfoot.  so annoying. 

45 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

when you snip off the little plastic string holding up the clothing tags, but one of the ends gets caught up in the garment.  particularly socks.

or when the end of it goes flying off somewhere, you can't find it, and then step on it sticking right up in the middle of the night

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

i have some shoes with an unusually grippy insole that grabs socks causing bunching midfoot.  so annoying. 

I remember friends when i was a kid, their socks would scrunch up in their shoes like cotton roast beef, and they didnt care one iota. Dont know how people can stand that. 

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

poly-syllabic hell on the back of a shampoo bottle.

How in the hell are you guys reading shampoo bottles?  When I'm in the shower I don't have my reading glasses on and I can't read the large font logos, let alone the small print on the back.  

I know, getting old sucks thread is that way---->

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nnm said:

How in the hell are you guys reading shampoo bottles?  When I'm in the shower I don't have my reading glasses on and I can't read the large font logos, let alone the small print on the back.  

I thought we were talking about being on the can...and in one of our bathrooms, you can easily reach the shower caddy for reading material.

Now, did you mean to say you get in the shower just to take a dump?

1332800350_ws_jpeg.jpg?1467311412

20 minutes ago, nnm said:

That was one of the final straws before deciding to get contacts. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 8:17 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

assholes completely blocking the sidewalk when they park in the driveway.

59 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, elfenix said:
"Super" Wildcard Weekend

It's because they expanded the field to add worthless 7 seeds so we get 2 extra games! Fuck yeah!!

I know, I hate having more football.

I always go with 'finna'.
  • Haha 1

Will try to keep this as apolitical as possible, so here goes.

Wyoming is an ass backward state that is under the thumb of lobbyists. The want to ban electric car sales by 2035.

Wyoming lobbyists want to ban sales of electric vehicles

Legislators of the nation's least-populous state are taking a brave stand against modernity and climate action. They're sponsoring SJ0004, "Phasing out new electric vehicle sales by 2035," an uncomplicated bill that expresses the state's goal to phase out sales of new EVs by 2035 and asks Wyoming's industries and citizens to do their civic duty in resisting the EV. Copies of the resolution would be sent to the White House, leaders in Congress, and the governor of California.

The motivation, according to the bill's preamble, is that the oil and gas industry is important to the state, a state with fewer than 600,000 residents. Wyoming is proud of its oil and gas industry, and that gas—here presumably meaning "gasoline" and not the natural gas referred to in the bill's early sentences—powers vehicles that drive on the state's vast stretches of highway.

The bill's authors think Wyoming's interstate network is too desolate for electric vehicles, particularly since there is no existing EV charging infrastructure, they claim.

The authors also decry the fact that EVs require certain critical minerals—not currently supplied by the state of Wyoming—and that these could end up polluting landfills in Wyoming, in obvious ignorance of the enormous recycling potential for EV batteries.

Therefore, in order to protect the incomes of people who earn money extracting hydrocarbons from the ground or moving them around the state, sales of new EVs must be banned in Wyoming by 2035, the bill argues.

The date is no coincidence; 2035 is the year by which California wants to phase out sales of new internal combustion engine-powered vehicles. And that same year is when US President Joe Biden wants at least 50 percent of all new vehicles sold in the US to be EVs.

The politics of resentment come through loud and clear from the bill's primary sponsor, State Senator Jim Anderson. Anderson told the Cowboy State Daily that if successful, Wyoming's legislature would inform the rest of the world that "if you don’t like our petroleum cars, well, we don’t like your electric cars."

But even if the bill passes—not impossible, given the tight ******** control of both chambers of Wyoming's legislature—it does not bind the state to any action other than a general sense of opprobrium toward cars powered by batteries.

Indeed, the Cowboy State Daily quotes State Senator Brian Boner, another politician behind the bill, as saying some might describe the bill as "tongue-in-cheek, but obviously it’s a very serious issue that deserves some public discussion."