Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 2/20/2023 at 5:43 PM, 52-80 said:

Had really well-rated moving company come and transfer all our shit across town today. 

The young workers were nice enough, but im discovering now a bunch of our furniture got minor scratches and damage, and some small shit like retaining clips for bookshelves got lost. 

What am I gonna do? call the company and demand $5 for each scratch? Make them search and replace small clips and pins? Fuck no thats petty…..but damn its annoying as hell. 

We moved into our house a few days before we got married. One of them stole my wedding band. It was just steel, so not expensive, but I had to go find a new ring right before the wedding.

On a side note, my oldest child got married when she was stationed in S. Korea. He was also going to be my best man and got into town a couple of days before. Turns out be both picked out the exact same wedding band.

19 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

On a side note, my oldest child got married when she was stationed in S. Korea. He was also going to be my best man and got into town a couple of days before. Turns out be both picked out the exact same wedding band.

Are you having a stroke?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

yeah, she is now a he. While I support her in that, it makes it impossible to type correctly. I can't fucking keep it straight anymore 

Now I am confused. When I read your original post I thought “he” was your new SIL that was going to be your best man for some odd reason. I didn’t even think about the “he” being the former “she”. My mind didn’t even go there.

Getting Old Sucks.
Oops. Wrong thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/20/2023 at 6:43 PM, 52-80 said:

Had really well-rated moving company come and transfer all our shit across town today. 

The young workers were nice enough, but im discovering now a bunch of our furniture got minor scratches and damage, and some small shit like retaining clips for bookshelves got lost. 

What am I gonna do? call the company and demand $5 for each scratch? Make them search and replace small clips and pins? Fuck no thats petty…..but damn its annoying as hell. 

You can buy those little dowels with the flat top in one side at Home Depot. 

12 hours ago, RPM said:

Having to to everything left handed including using a right handed mouse. That's a mind melter.

fractured my dominant hand in an accident and had to do computer-based work wrong-handed for a week…that was a complete bitch operating the mouse and pecking on the keyboard

also trying to wipe ass and shower one handed (with the other raised out of the way to avoid cast getting wet)….jesus christ

• Hook 'Em 1

When people ask you questions just for the sake of asking them - but questions that necessitate a specific answer like "what did you eat for lunch today?" or "what did you do this weekend?"

Who the fuck cares. I ate your mom's pussy and I fucked your mom. 

Also "what's your favorite kind of food?" or "what kind of music do you listen to?" like they're talking to a seven year old and expect some answer like SPAGHETTI!

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

When people ask you questions just for the sake of asking them - but questions that necessitate a specific answer like "what did you eat for lunch today?" or "what did you do this weekend?"

Also "what's your favorite kind of food?" or "what kind of music do you listen to?" like they're talking to a seven year old and expect some answer like SPAGHETTI!

Well, shit now I don't feel like I know you at all.

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

I like to eat, eat, apples and bananas

I concur with Ztejas on hating small talk.  I don't really give a flying fuck what someone esle thinks about the weather today.  It's the same for all of us.  STFU and deal with it.

The cost of kids summer programs…

My wife and I woke up at 4:58 to register for our kids’ summer camps. Registration started at 5, and past experience told us to do it EARLY or the kids would be home bound and bored throughout the summer.

Anyway, 5 weeks worth of camp set us back about $2500. Kids ain’t cheap. 

• Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Superhero said:

My wife and I woke up at 4:58 to register for our kids’ summer camps. Registration started at 5, and past experience told us to do it EARLY or the kids would be home bound and bored throughout the summer.

Not a bad deal compared to camps like Camp Longhorn and the camps in Hunt.  You pretty much have to register soon after your kid is born (and it helps to be a legacy) and the cost was about 2.5x that amount 8 years ago.  

4 hours ago, Superhero said:

You should look at sleep away camp.  MUCH more expensive...but Adult camp happens at the same time.  Worth it!

SIAP.

People who cannot control the speed at which they drive.  They will randomly change speeds plus or minus 10 miles per hour making it difficult to pass them particularly on a two lane road.  However, once you manage to get around them they magically can control their speed by staying right behind you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The fluctuating volume between commercials and shows. Watching 1923 on Paramount and it has some ads. It's extremely low volume compared to the ads. Have to keep a hand on the remote to keep going back and forth between mute and unmute.

The other thing that hit me when watching 1923, alternating with running through Seinfeld on Netflix, is that today’s actors appear to be pretty lazy. Sure, the production quality is great, and there are some great shows out there. But shows like 1923 or Ted Lasso put out 8-10 episodes and call it a season. Seinfeld averaged 20+ every year. So did the normal hour+ drama like LA Law. Shows used to start new episodes in the fall and run new episodes all the way through the spring. Now we are supposed to be happy with just half that. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, nnm said:

The other thing that hit me when watching 1923, alternating with running through Seinfeld on Netflix, is that today’s actors appear to be pretty lazy. Sure, the production quality is great, and there are some great shows out there. But shows like 1923 or Ted Lasso put out 8-10 episodes and call it a season. Seinfeld averaged 20+ every year. So did the normal hour+ drama like LA Law. Shows used to start new episodes in the fall and run new episodes all the way through the spring. Now we are supposed to be happy with just half that. 

I have thought the same thing but then came to conclude it is the difference in network tv versus premium channel shows. Going all the way back to The Oz on HBO, which seems to be one of the first premium channel shows, the episodes per season were only about 12. As opposed to network shows that had 20-24 episodes a season. I also heard it's more of an American thing, too. British series have less episodes per season than American shows.

• Like 1

when some slats of vertical blinds cross eachother so theyre no longer perfectly parallel.

we have cloth ones with weighted bottoms so theyre not the cheap vinyl shit, but they still dont hang perfectly sometimes.

On 3/3/2023 at 10:35 AM, beer said:

fucking quarter pounder is $8 now.  That used to be a serving of brisket. 

yeah, but you know how much a serving of brisket costs now?

20 hours ago, 52-80 said:

when some slats of vertical blinds cross eachother so theyre no longer perfectly parallel.

we have cloth ones with weighted bottoms so theyre not the cheap vinyl shit, but they still dont hang perfectly sometimes.

So you went with the "luxury" vertical blinds upgrade on your trailer?