Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 12/23/2022 at 11:08 PM, Fudbelty said:

It’s been brought up about tree fiddy times, but fuck you if you think you own the road and left lane specifically. If I’m driving and clearly passing the cars on the right of me there’s no need to get so close you can touch my asshole. I 10000% percent agree if you aren’t passing get over. However, use your brain for half a second and give me time to get out of your way at my pace. Not yours.

100.  On highways people often have a long line of sight.  If you’re flying fast on the left - to which you are entitled - you would have foreseen if the car ahead had been camping, or actively passing people.

If camping, sure, deploy your rage.

If they’re making a pass, hold yer fucking horses.  

Yesterday had a lady in a Jag F-pace fly up my ass and flash her lights while I was passing a semitruck at a decent +20kph differential.  I sure as hell didn’t quicken it up after she did that, and took my sweet ass time sliding back to the right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pied06 said:

I think you're kinda proving my point.  You said what YOU'RE going to do seven times in that short response, because you feel you're right.  Experience tells me everyone thinks they're right when it comes to driving.  

To @956 Worldwide point, getting you and your vehicle to the destination safely should be your priority.  Sometimes letting a faster, perhaps unsafe driver go ahead is the safest bet for you, opposed to enforcing your what you think a safe speed is on the other guy.

Better for everyone imo.  In your example, you say you're going 5mph over the speed limit, but later sat you're "following the rules".  Well technically you're not, you are speeding, just not as fast as the other guy.

Just using your example an numbers, it is entirely possible for you to slow down slightly to 65, merging over, letting the 80 mph guy go through, and then move back over.  

I don’t think you have much of a point. You’re suggesting I should inconvenience myself for the convenience of someone else. I should slow down and get out of the way for faster moving traffic. Let me ask you something. Have you ever slowed down and moved over only to have that fucker slow down and sit next to you (or in your blind spot) so now you’re stuck in the right lane going slower than you want?  I have. I’ll bet you have too. Fuck that.

I can’t control what others do, I can only control what I do. As long as I’m following the rules of the road, I’m fine. Technically I’m already breaking the law if I’m going 5 mph over the speed limit. Nobody gets to dictate to anyone else what is the proper amount over the speed limit they should drive. If I only drive the speed limit and always stay in the right lane unless I’m passing then nobody gets to complain. That’s all I’m obligated to do. 

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Wearing a helmet on the slopes is just good fucking sense. TBI is not a gotdamn joke. Wear a helmet and maybe you look dorky (like everyone else). But there is nothing cool about shitting in diapers. 

It’s like seatbelts and bike helmets for kids— it’s amazing we ever thought not doing it was OK. 

I'd say it long ago went the other direction. Not wearing a helmet makes you look like a dinosaur, or just a sad act of rebellion. I remember going on a trip years back with guy who is probably 6-7 years older than me, he was a single again around 40 and clinging to youth. We hit the slopes and he rolls out in a beanie thinking he was looking hip and all I could think was how it made him look ancient and dated the hell out of him.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

A cupholder full of change and an open sunroof will take care of most tailgaters

Aggressive tailgaters are already demonstrating lack of judgment and narcissism. Add a cracked windshield from change flung out the sunroof and you’re probably looking at road rage. No traffic situation is worth getting shot.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t think you have much of a point. You’re suggesting I should inconvenience myself for the convenience of someone else.  - Yes

I should slow down and get out of the way for faster moving traffic. - Yes

Let me ask you something. Have you ever slowed down and moved over only to have that fucker slow down and sit next to you (or in your blind spot) so now you’re stuck in the right lane going slower than you want?  I have. I’ll bet you have too. Fuck that. - Yes I have.  There are inconsiderate people for sure.  

I can’t control what others do, I can only control what I do. - Correct.  You can choose to be considerate, or a jerk, or dangerous or whatever.

As long as I’m following the rules of the road, I’m fine. Technically I’m already breaking the law if I’m going 5 mph over the speed limit. - It's interesting that you acknowledge breaking the law but also that you are following the rules of the road.

Nobody gets to dictate to anyone else what is the proper amount over the speed limit they should drive. - Yet you seem to be ok with you driving 5 mph over but opposed to those driving faster.  I am pretty sure I can find some that think driving the speed limit is fine, and they are passing slower moving traffic that people driving anything over the speed limit are the wrong ones.  I 

If I only drive the speed limit and always stay in the right lane unless I’m passing then nobody gets to complain. That’s all I’m obligated to do. 

We all, well most of of, do things over and above what we're obligated to do.  There is no law about waiting in line to get in a movie theater or sporting event, yet nearly all of us respect that.  When leaving a crowded parking lot, we are not obligated to let one person from each converging lane but almost all of us do.  

There are plenty of examples like this where we observe fair play, but when we get on the road, many of us leave those back.  We determine what the appropriate speed is to pass or how to get someone to get over.  

Not every situation is the same, but if someone is trying to go faster than you, the best course of action just might be for YOU to slow down, get over and then pass.  

(Following post is not to ignite a debate on whether religion sucks, so please take that to shit to CR or DT)

We go to church. My wife is obviously the more religions of the two of us, so she takes care of the tithing. Every month I see the equivalent of a car payment for a NICE car go out, but we've been doing it for a long time, and it no longer hurts.

I guess giving is a thing between us and the guy in the sky regardless of what others do.

But I'm surly that with over 100 members in our church, seeing the church's end of year financial statement, and realizing we contributed more than 10% of the church's income. 

• Hook 'Em 4

22 hours ago, BearMace said:

I'd say it long ago went the other direction. Not wearing a helmet makes you look like a dinosaur, or just a sad act of rebellion. I remember going on a trip years back with guy who is probably 6-7 years older than me, he was a single again around 40 and clinging to youth. We hit the slopes and he rolls out in a beanie thinking he was looking hip and all I could think was how it made him look ancient and dated the hell out of him.  

This.  I start skiing in the 70’s when practically no one wore a helmet.  I probably started wearing a helmet in the early to mid 2000’s when most people started wearing them.  I had a bad fall last year and I was wearing a helmet and I still had a mild concussion.  I would have been pretty fucked up without a helmet.  Now I can’t imagine skiing without wearing one.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I went to the dentist this afternoon because I had to make a claim to my dental insurance company before the new year. My regular dentist's office is closed until next Tuesday, so I went somewhere that could fit me in.

HOLY SHIT, my mouth feels like it's been raped. The entire teeth cleaning process lasted maybe 15 minutes. He just took that pick and assaulted me like I owed him money. It probably looked like Normandy Beach in my mouth while he was working on it. Fuck that guy.

14 hours ago, Superhero said:

I went to the dentist this afternoon because I had to make a claim to my dental insurance company before the new year. My regular dentist's office is closed until next Tuesday, so I went somewhere that could fit me in.

HOLY SHIT, my mouth feels like it's been raped. The entire teeth cleaning process lasted maybe 15 minutes. He just took that pick and assaulted me like I owed him money. It probably looked like Normandy Beach in my mouth while he was working on it. Fuck that guy.

15 hours ago, Superhero said:

Sounds like you may want to change dentists . . .

22 hours ago, Superhero said:

I hadn't gone to the dentist in a couple of years because I didn't have dental insurance at the time.  when I finally went it hurt for several hours.

16 hours ago, NYTransplant said:

Sounds like you may want to change dentists . . .

Sounds like you should re-read my previous post...

I dont know what class of spam this is, but ifs the first one to consistently elude Gmail for me. 

For maybe about a yead, ive been getting these once a week up to once a day, interchangeably about CVS gift cards, walmart prizes, or what the fuck ever.   Same formatting and scheme tho

770D342F-C06C-4292-9FA2-D43552C06916.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just tested positive for Covid for the 3rd time.  Each time it's been pretty mild, considering that I have a chronic lung condition, but if you play Russian Roulette enough times, eventually the bullet is going to come up.  I was around my crazy QAnon Aunt yesterday.  I should probably call her and tell her, but then I would have to listen to her tell me about her secret stash of Ivermectin, and if I would just come to get some I would be magically cured.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:08 PM, GoPokes83 said:

89a07052e13d24bfcc039119aa767b89.jpg
Assholes talking on their phone like this in a store, at the top of their lungs, usually.

Had a dude pull this shit at our favorite watering hole this past Friday at HH.  Bar was about half full, everyone minding their own business when he pulls this shit. 

He was a couple of stools down from me and I just looked at him and said "dude, really?"  He kinda gave an apologetic wave and took it outside.  After a few minutes, he came back in, apologized for being a douche and everyone continued our Friday.  Sometimes I think people are just so self absorbed, they forget themselves. 

• Like 2

On 1/7/2023 at 9:08 PM, GoPokes83 said:

89a07052e13d24bfcc039119aa767b89.jpg
Assholes talking on their phone like this in a store, at the top of their lungs, usually.

The thing I've never understood about this is why you'd even want other people to hear your conversation.

People listening to podcasts or music on phones in public without headphones also deserve to die in a fire.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 4