Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

CR-Vs and Priuses in the left lane.  I'm sure this is the 312th time this is posted in here, but FFS, can we get a state law forcing them into the left lane, or to stay off the roads from 7am to 7pm?!

And, to be fair, I've seen Priuses that try to make up for the stereotype, but I have YET to see a CR-V driver capable of doing within 5mph of the speed limit.

5 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

If you can authorize/charge my card in minutes, then you should be able to put the money back in minutes or within the hour.

And don't give me this shit about 'business' days. You had no problem with me paying on a non business day. 

It's not about the money. It's the principalities, Smokey!

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anybody (valet, mechanic, etc.) who turns my perfectly functional automatic headlights to the off position.  

I’m team auto headlight. However, I can’t stand when I get in the wife’s car during daylight hours, go to use the blinker, and she’s left it in the high beam position.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 12/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

This isn’t really trivial and I’m more than just a little bit surly. But fuck that family of five who came in for passports and held up one of the two tellers for over half an hour.

98AB6F16-4420-4058-B494-0EC20B83C8B9.thumb.jpeg.f0b02027b7a2abbc1f34b90771ff118b.jpeg

I'm gonna have to disagree.  While it sucks, it's a service they provide right? 

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'm gonna have to disagree.  While it sucks, it's a service they provide right? 

I don't know about your Post Office, but ours is appointment only, and by doing so, they should be able to staff accordingly and account for the worker being diverted for half an hour or so.  It sounds like a management issue, not so much a selfish family of 5 screwing up everyone's day.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Common courtesy. McDonald's will serve you if you order 25 hamburgers in the drive through with 25 different iterations. But fuck you if you do it at noon.

Meh.  Getting passport pictures is kind of a big deal right? I get the McDonald's analogy, can be annoying as fuck, but I usually let that shit go.  Been a while since I did mine so I have no idea how long it takes.

Edited by closetohumping

It’s not up to the merchant how quickly you get the money back….
Yes. I assume it's one of the banks. But it's still a trivial annoyance.

Also petty thieves who get caught stealing and then act like assholes. Outside driver got called out for trying to steal dunnage. Then he wants to act funky. Nevermind the fact that he should have brought his own boards with him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

My neighbor keeps his light on the kitchen ALL THE TIME. I'll see it on during the day. When I go to bed at night (sometimes really late), the lights are still on.

It's obviously not my electricity bill, but it grinds my gears that he's using electricity that's generated by natural gas power plants, and that in turn is contributing to global warming.

5 minutes ago, Superhero said:

My neighbor keeps his light on the kitchen ALL THE TIME. I'll see it on during the day. When I go to bed at night (sometimes really late), the lights are still on.

It's obviously not my electricity bill, but it grinds my gears that he's using electricity that's generated by natural gas power plants, and that in turn is contributing to global warming.

Your icon is a perfect descriptor of your feelings on the subject. 

Dude’s light could burn for 1000 years and not budge the global warming needle as much as a single hour of private jets taking off after an F1 weekend! Your outrage is misdirected.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRqrvYMT/
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

On 11/29/2022 at 1:14 PM, Post Oak said:

I swear I'm the only one in my kid's school pick-up and drop-off line that knows what the fuck they're doing.

Everyone else waits till their car comes to a complete stop to have their kids unbuckle or waits for them to buckle up before they move out.  

There are hundreds of people waiting for you. grab em and go dumbass.

It's infuriating.

This is why I drop my daughter off at 6 am.

Are you upset about the abundance of high rise office buildings and office buildings in general who keep their lights on 24/7? How about the same people who tell you to do your part to stop global warming, are the main ones who pollute the earth with their lifestyles. One being the private jets they get around in. Corporations are the ones to blame in how they operate, not people keeping their lights on at home. Corporations always like to deflect blame to the peasants.
  • Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If you have a neurotic, dumbass dog with poor bowel control; you don't need to bring them to HEB during the busiest time of year when the store is packed to the gills.  Leave their ass at home.

*Unless it's a legit service animal of course.

**Dog friendly bar patios are an exception

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2