Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

38 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Paid extra money for “express” shipping to get ice skates in just for this weekend. 

Theyre arriving Monday and im busy all week. 

We are members of several wine clubs which ship periodically through the year. We now live way out in the sticks in ETX. The deliveries require signature, which means that one of us must be stay at the house all day on the delivery days, waiting for FedEx/ups/USPS guy to show. I think I’m done with that nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, nnm said:

We are members of several wine clubs which ship periodically through the year. We now live way out in the sticks in ETX. The deliveries require signature, which means that one of us must be stay at the house all day on the delivery days, waiting for FedEx/ups/USPS guy to show. I think I’m done with that nonsense. 

When robot butler

10-best-television-robots.jpg

• Like 1

The fact that the Superbowl insists on using roman numerals in its name. 

Motherfucker I aint trying to translate numbers when you tell me michael jackson performed at SB XXVII. 

In fact, drop the number, just use the calendar year. Who the fuck knows when 27 was?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Motherfucker I aint trying to translate numbers when you tell me michael jackson performed at SB XXVII. 

In fact, drop the number, just use the calendar year. Who the fuck knows when 27 was?

Username kinda checks out.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Motherfuckers who use hotel room alarm clocks but don't make sure to turn them off before checking out, and the housekeepers who don't check for that when making up the room. 

Legitimately don’t remember the last time I’ve seen an alarm clock in a hotel so any budget. Sometime before covid I’m convinced they were all yanked and disposed

Jan 1993. Cowboys 52-Bills 17. Might be a Cowboys fan.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Jan 1993. Cowboys 52-Bills 17. Might be a Cowboys fan.

SB29. 
49ers put 49 on the chargers with jerry rice catching 3TD but steve gets the mvp. 
‘94 season. That’s my reference but damn i hate to do the math to figure out the year for other SBs. 

9 hours ago, 52-80 said:

They stopped for one year, for SB 50, because they didn't want to have a big "L" by itself on the uniform. They should have used that as the pivot to regular numbers from then on. But no, let's cling to the past. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/16/2023 at 8:27 AM, closetohumping said:

Neighborhood wives sneaking a peek at my junk when I'm in grey sweat pants.  I'm a grower not a shower!!

Grey in England. 
Gray in America. 
Do you sip tea whilst watching footballers?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2023 at 7:08 AM, nnm said:

Have it shipped to a local UPS store.  They sign for you and you pick it up on your way home.

• Like 2

ESPN perpetually focusing their website on Tiger Woods when he's 10 shots back, at best, nearly every tournament. Every day it's a new front page update only on him. I don't even follow golf, but it irks me. Focus on the players winning. I guess it's similar to the New York/LA/Boston teams bias.

Any link to lebrons thoughts of tiger being 10 strokes back?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

ESPN perpetually focusing their website on Tiger Woods when he's 10 shots back, at best, nearly every tournament. Every day it's a new front page update only on him. I don't even follow golf, but it irks me. Focus on the players winning. I guess it's similar to the New York/LA/Boston teams bias.

It’s a ratings-driven business. Tiger attracts viewers. 

On 2/7/2023 at 5:51 AM, 52-80 said:

Work tables with walled legs and slide-out keyboard trays might be the worst furniture design in the history of furniture design0D1BD723-F199-47CD-BDF3-0972727DFDA6.thumb.jpeg.db78a50150546b94b88e46d4899f3890.jpeg

719DEA3A-5B01-4952-A462-43D948589518.jpeg

Without the restrictive piece by your feet there would no strength in the desk.  So, mount it in a vertical position between the two legs.  Thus, creating foot room and retaining the strength of the desk.  Can't help with the window.

Edited by Bevo&Pevo

Had really well-rated moving company come and transfer all our shit across town today. 

The young workers were nice enough, but im discovering now a bunch of our furniture got minor scratches and damage, and some small shit like retaining clips for bookshelves got lost. 

What am I gonna do? call the company and demand $5 for each scratch? Make them search and replace small clips and pins? Fuck no thats petty…..but damn its annoying as hell. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Calculus is difficult. Getting people to understand an intersection with blinking red lights / blinking yellow lights if fucking impossible.
Stop stopping at the fucking blinking yellow and waving everyone thru like you are a fucking traffic cop. You are only making it worse.
4 way stops. Either no one wants to go or everyone wants to go at once. People have zero idea how these work.
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 2/16/2023 at 8:37 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Motherfuckers who use hotel room alarm clocks but don't make sure to turn them off before checking out, and the housekeepers who don't check for that when making up the room. 

That's funny.  I'm going to start doing that when I check out of hotels.  4am sounds good?  yeah, 4 am.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Certain deliveries with UPS can be re-routed to CVS/Walgreens/UPS stores or left with neighbors.
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 8:37 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Virtually everyone has a cellphone, upon which they program personal alarms.  Not sure why alarm clocks are even needed any more, but regardless, just unplug the motherfuckers. I usually do it from the jump just to have another outlet.

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:
Calculus is difficult. Getting people to understand an intersection with blinking red lights / blinking yellow lights if fucking impossible.
Stop stopping at the fucking blinking yellow and waving everyone thru like you are a fucking traffic cop. You are only making it worse.

4 way stops. Either no one wants to go or everyone wants to go at once. People have zero idea how these work.

Okay, so normally, in your head, you're gonna count-- When you see a stop sign, You're gonna count, one, two-- And I know you, you're not gonna do the three. You're gonna go, "one, two, go !" Boom, too soon. So what you need to say in your head Instead of "one, two, go" Is "one, two, no," okay ? Now, as you say that no, That, in turn, has taken up the third second. You see what I'm saying ? Then, you're gonna go, "four Put the pedal to the floor. "

Let's say everybody gets here all at once. If you all got here at the same time, well, y'all have the right of way. It's always the person on your right, but there's a person on my right. There's a person on my right. Nobody knows who's right. What you do in that situation is "g" and "r"-- Gun it and run it, and beat the other guy across. Okay ? That's lunch.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

normalize roundabouts. no lights needed.

• Hook 'Em 3

How some restaurant apps don’t allow you to use more than 1 gift card per order(Olive Garden) or can’t use more than 1 reward per order(McDonald’s).

It’s like they don’t want you to pony them all up at once and actually feed an entire family for free.

Chick-fil-A does tho, because chickfilas awesome

21 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

How some restaurant apps don’t allow you to use more than 1 gift card per order(Olive Garden) or can’t use more than 1 reward per order(McDonald’s).

It’s like they don’t want you to pony them all up at once and actually feed an entire family for free.

Chick-fil-A does tho, because chickfilas awesome

beet.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

That will take care of itself eventually

The problem is that they will probably also take care of me as well.  I took the dogs to the dog park yesterday.  The park is near my mom's house, so we stopped by to check on her for a while.  Her neighborhood has a traffic light at the entrance and visibility is a little limited when exiting.   When we left, I was stopped at the light waiting for it to turn green.  When it turned green, I waited a few seconds to make sure and then started to pull out.  Of course, some nimrod comes blowing through the red light. I slam on my braked and the dogs go flying across the car.  This is a daily occurrence when driving in Houston.  Red lights are not even a suggestion to slow down any more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Some dumb bitch called me at work at 4:52 PM yesterday. Who does that?? If the clock reads almost 5, just wait till tomorrow. I remember as a teenager working at Best Buy, some fucker would always want to run into the store 5 mins before closing to buy a fucking CD. 

Waiting tables in college, we'd always get some fucker who'd walk in 10 minutes before close. 

Trust me, you won't like your food when the cooks/waiters have to stand around doing nothing waiting on the only table in the restaurant to leave.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Pokoloco said:

when I get a text: Hey, could you call me real quick?

No, motherfucker, it's 2023. Nobody needs need to talk to anyone ever again.

Disagree.

My wife will text me a bunch of times with *sometimes* important stuff and get mad if I don’t respond.

If it’s that important, call me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sandman said:

Some dumb bitch called me at work at 4:52 PM yesterday. Who does that?? If the clock reads almost 5, just wait till tomorrow. I remember as a teenager working at Best Buy, some fucker would always want to run into the store 5 mins before closing to buy a fucking CD. 

I do not answer my work phone after 30 minutes until quitting time.  Call back tomorrow.  Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 3