6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What does going private mean? I don't do twitter

He can follow whoever he wants, read their tweets if they're not private (protected), but you can't read his unless he approves you after you follow him. 

It's understandable why some do it, but also annoying AF when people "protected" who follow you but you don't follow them get into one of your conversations with multiple people and start responding to others and you have no clue WTF is going on because you can't see what they're responding to. 

I'll also add, if I'm not mistaken, that if you followed him before, you can probably still read his tweets though he hasn't approved you. I know it's been that way with some of my follow, who'll all of the sudden go protected but I can still read them, and I don't believe they'd approved me personally. 

Edited by UncleBuck

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

It's understandable why some do it, but also annoying AF when people "protected" who follow you but you don't follow them get into one of your conversations with multiple people and start responding to others and you have no clue WTF is going on because you can't see what they're responding to. 

At this point is it possible to know who the protected one is and block them? Especially if it gets annoying like you said.

11 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

At this point is it possible to know who the protected one is and block them? Especially if it gets annoying like you said.

If you block them they can still be replied to by the person you're originally talking with, or additional people you follow/talk to/don't mind talking to. Those tweets will still show up.

You just gotta mute the conversation at that point, or ask to be removed from the conversation and hope they do. 

Edited by UncleBuck

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. I've never seen it referenced by initials. That makes sense. 

Seriously? I've thought that was an inside joke here ever since the first time I noticed you either pissing someone off or being pissed off by someone. Seeing "ctj" in an argumentative response has always made me chuckle.

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Seriously? I've thought that was an inside joke here ever since the first time I noticed you either pissing someone off or being pissed off by someone. Seeing "ctj" in an argumentative response has always made me chuckle.

Maybe the joke's on me, but it never occurred to me as anything but a shortening of my handle when people were responding to me or conjuring me.

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Well, I'm completely flummoxed by how many people are unfamiliar with 'ctj'. It predates all the other internet/text message acronyms out there by a country mile. Back in the 1970s, I knew that 'ctj' meant "come to Jesus".

200.gif

When I’m on this here sportsman forum, and I read ctj, I think of closetojumping. 

On 1/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, UncleBuck said:

I'll also add, if I'm not mistaken, that if you followed him before, you can probably still read his tweets though he hasn't approved you. I know it's been that way with some of my follow, who'll all of the sudden go protected but I can still read them, and I don't believe they'd approved me personally. 

Correct.