2019 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. #11 Utah - Pregame Discussion Thread

texifornia

5 minutes ago, triplelonghorn said:

You'd better tell the current decade, which is more for the oversaturation of microbreweries. Are you a zennial or whatever and barely know anything about the 2010s?

I know enough to know that no one uses that term to describe craft beer anymore.  It's a relic, such as yourself.

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
TFB and IT have a note about players being sent home, anyone have it or the names?

Spoiler

***Spoke to a source over the weekend who tells me that Chris Ash is a machine watching film.

One of my knocks on the previous staff is I felt like there wasn’t enough scouring the country for players.

Perhaps I’ll write a separate post about that. But for now, just wanted to note that I was happy to hear that Ash is tearing up the film room and apparently has allocated times for staff members to watch film. All staffs do that obviously, but not everyone is vigilant about it.

***Inside Texas is reporting that two non-starting players were sent home.

We can confirm. They are both on the defensive side of the ball and to be honest when I heard the names, I was a little surprised.

Edited by nycHorn

Perhaps I’ll write a separate post about that. But for now, just wanted to note that I was happy to hear that Ash is tearing up the film room and apparently has allocated times for staff members to watch film. All staffs do that obviously, but not everyone is vigilant about it.

I hope he isn't watching this season.  I think that Herman has a strict policy against it.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Surprising, wonder what for

Yeah, these 2 probably figure into significant playing time next season.  Hope this isn't something to lead to portaling out.

Vaughns could easily be in the 2-deep as a pass rushing DE and Gbenda could factor into LB position.

11 minutes ago, jinx said:

I hope he isn't watching this season.  I think that Herman has a strict policy against it.

He’s talking about watching recruits’ film. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

I would be more concerned with why a healthy Div-1 athlete passes out during a sea world rollercoaster ride.

It's actually a thing. YouTube has tons of videos of people blacking out on rollercoasters for seconds at a time. Must be some sort of brain thing for some people that we don't quite understand yet. 

FCB...FCB...FCB

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Tom-Herman-sends-two-players-home-from-Alamo-Bowl-141312645/

Texas confirmed to Horns247.com that Longhorns' linebackers David Gbenda and Byron Vaughns won’t play in the Valero Alamo Bowl Tuesday night against No. 11 Utah and have been sent home from San Antonio for a violation of team rules.  Vaughns is a redshirt freshman from Fort Worth Eastern Hills who played in 10 games this season with 14 tackles and a forced fumble. Gbenda, a true freshman from Katy Cinco Ranch, played in four games this season, including a start at middle linebacker against Kansas, with one tackle after briefly moving to running back. 

Gbenda, who is redshirting this season, wasn't likely to play in the Alamo Bowl after having played in the redshirt allowable maximum of four games. But Vaughns' absence impacts the Longhorns' depth at linebacker for Tuesday night's game against the Utes. Vaughns was also a mainstay on the Longhorns' special teams, posting the second-most special teams tackles this season (four) behind sophomore safety Montrell Estell (seven).

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It's actually a thing. YouTube has tons of videos of people blacking out on rollercoasters for seconds at a time. Must be some sort of brain thing for some people that we don't quite understand yet. 

It’s called anxiety. Probably come from fear of heights. Or so I’ve been told 

• Like 1

• immamac locked and unlocked this topic
  • immamac locked this topic