Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, Message Board User said:

How many times over the last 5 years have we said "well, this is it - this is the thing that finally ends Trump once and for all"?

You may not like the conclusion but the article is spot on.  Anyone thinking that Trump is "finished" because of the half-assed approach to Covid 19 is fooling themselves.

He dodged the “Access Hollywood” tape fiasco. He evaded the noose of impeachment over the Ukraine deal. Those might now seem minor compared to the challenge of trying to get reelected during a worldwide health crisis and a looming depression—but if one acknowledges that he has been training in some sense for this sort of a jam for the bulk of his adult existence, then this nightmarish predicament starts to look less like an uncrackable problem than a potential capstone accomplishment.

“He’s a magician that way,” said Jennifer Mercieca, a professor at Texas A&M University and the author of the forthcoming Demagogue for President: The Rhetorical Genius of Donald Trump. “Other people would stop and recognize that they were defeated. Or that they should be shamed. He refuses.”

George Arzt, a Democratic consultant in New York, who’s known Trump for going on 50 years, likens him to the world’s most noted escape artist.

“Houdini,” he said.

How many fucking times do I have to say "There is no peak Trump" before people finally wake the fuck up.

• Like 3

Sadly, the worst case scenarios are becoming more and more likely each day.  Trump should have been removed from office long ago, whether by impeachment or the 25th, but instead, the GOP enabled and protected him.

I fear we've reached the point where the election doesn't matter.  If he wins the US is screwed because he'll be even more emboldened.  If he loses, his followers won't recognize the defeat as legitimate and the fractures that already exist will burst at the seams.

I honestly can't even think of a solution that doesn't involve lots of bloodshed.  

• Like 2

Just now, DixonHur said:

Sadly, the worst case scenarios are becoming more and more likely each day.  Trump should have been removed from office long ago, whether by impeachment or the 25th, but instead, the GOP enabled and protected him.

I fear we've reached the point where the election doesn't matter.  If he wins the US is screwed because he'll be even more emboldened.  If he loses, his followers won't recognize the defeat as legitimate and the fractures that already exist will burst at the seams.

I honestly can't even think of a solution that doesn't involve lots of bloodshed.  

Well there's this virus going around that tends to kill old, fat people.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

His followers are too fat, lazy, and stupid to really do anything but bitch and moan on social media and at their little sign rallys. If Trump himself refuses to cede power peacefully, the military leaders aren't going to go against the people, and they'll do to him what they do best. I used to have some of these fears, but I think his defeat will be resounding in November, and I think his followers are more about trolling than actually doing anything serious. They are all small dick cucks at heart and deep down they know it.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

His followers are too fat, lazy, and stupid to really do anything but bitch and moan on social media and at their little sign rallys. If Trump himself refuses to cede power peacefully, the military leaders aren't going to go against the people, and they'll do to him what they do best. I used to have some of these fears, but I think his defeat will be resounding in November, and I think his followers are more about trolling than actually doing anything serious. They are all small dick cucks at heart and deep down they know it.

I hope you're right, but just in case I'm going to stay sequestered in Europe til I know it's safe to return home.

As a young man I fought FOR the country, as an an older man I don't want to fight IN it.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah, it's as shame the WHO didn't pay attention to intelligence about this situation in December.
You know WHO else didn't think this was important enough to pay attention to in December???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Trump is done. His supporters are for the most part fat, dumb and lazy, or rich and corrupt and unwilling to get their hands dirty, so as to not mess up their manicure.

He will be overwhelmingly voted out in November, bitch a whole, whole lot about corruption on twitter, and then go away meekly in the face of forcible removal.

It is important to recognize that even though he is the shittiest human being to ever exist, he is a complete coward at heart. That is a good thing, at least for the long term of the Country. 

The only question is what happens to him and his criminal syndicate after. Do they get the Nixon treatment? In my opinion they don’t, but I guess on that, we shall see. 

10 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Unless all the retirement community folks die, no way FLORIDA is solidly blue, if anything it should be pink. 

I’m a few beers in already, but it looks like even if dotard wins NC, FL and AZ he would still be one EC vote short if everything else holds serve.

5 hours ago, Rabidhorn said:

For the first time in my 60 years I am worried about seeing a non American flag flying over the WH if Trump wins, he has no God except money, he has no alliance except who pays him the most. Trump has pushed America to collapse point and just smiles like a clown.

It's not who pays him, it's who adulates him.

30 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not who pays him, it's who adulates him.

This is really the biggest thing about this cretin. A narcissist needs adulation and it needs to be a very steady flow. If someone told him that adulation was a currency he'd get on twitter and talk about this amazing new monetary source he invested in. Is he retweeting broke racist morons with swastikas and confederate flags on their twitter profile because they are handing him money? The currency he thrives more than the actual one is adulation and attention. That there were 63 million people in this country that looked at this guy and said "Yeah this is the guy we need running this country" becomes more and more insane by the day.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

this is some AP football poll level bullshit.   john Q adams best background?  FDR over lincoln (despite having a worse composite score)?

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

People vote their wallet.    The Dow and 401Ks are not going to win it for him when Bubba is at the food bank............. and Nana is dead .    

Have you not been paying attention the last two weeks?  By November our 401k's are all going to be worth at least $50MM.

Disregard that $500 tomato at HEB though.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This will shock you guys!

If dumbfucks want to send all their money to the Trump campaign and get this as their return am I supposed to be mad?  Fuck no... I hope they siphon every fucking cent of donations for their "family business" and run a total of two ads all year.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Even my God-fearing, devout Christian mom who NEVER says a bad thing about anyone says she hopes he dies sooner rather than later.

Can you forward me a few talking points.  We’re putting my dad’s sister in the ground (due to Covid)  as soon as it’s allowed, and the shock of that bought me two days of no Trumpkin propaganda from my parents.  It started back up today.

12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Can you forward me a few talking points.  We’re putting my dad’s sister in the ground (due to Covid)  as soon as it’s allowed, and the shock of that bought me two days of no Trumpkin propaganda from my parents.  It started back up today.

Unfortunately no because my God-fearing, devout Christian mom who NEVER says a bad thing about anyone has been a devout Democrat for life.  Shocking, I know.

I only posted it because it's the first time in her 70+ years I've heard her actually hope someone dies.  There was no convincing required.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

this is some AP football poll level bullshit.   john Q adams best background?  FDR over lincoln (despite having a worse composite score)?

JQA, did have the best background...and we would be a much stronger country today if he'd been able to get his agenda through Congress, but he was a bit bull headed, and Andrew Jackson and his obstructionist cronies made Moscow Mitch look like Tip O'Neill.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The amazing thing is these people look around and think, "yep, I picked the right team".

It's like the episode  "The Ugly Section" from this season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm."  They lack the self awareness of Larry David.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

John Quincy Adams was basically trained to be President his entire life.  He was one of the most educated and well traveled people of his age on top of all the practical experience he had in and around government.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 4