Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

42 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Shit like this EO is just him throwing a bone to his base. I don't think the admin is all that concerned with the enforceability. 

No, they are very concerned, and know exactly how this will play out. It'll get ruled unconstitutional before the election, and they can cry "lIBrUl JUdgES OmG rUiNinG 'mURica" and then people "on the fence" will vote trump because, he may be an actual idiot who the world laughs at and who mocks war heroes and is a traitor, but "LIbRul JuDgEs omG!!!!!!!" It will work. It always works.

Edited by 'stache

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The text of it is out

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/21/politics/read-executive-order-census/index.html

It looks like it was signed at around 1:15 CT today, guess he's saving his airtime for the daily hate in an hour or so

Hell, even Oceania kept it to the two-minute hate.  Why aren't we lucky like that?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The text of it is out

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/21/politics/read-executive-order-census/index.html

It looks like it was signed at around 1:15 CT today, guess he's saving his airtime for the daily hate in an hour or so

Defenders of the Constitution will be along shortly to take issue with this, I'm sure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It's almost like he wants to lose

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I still don't believe that.  He just can't ever admit he may have been wrong about anything.

Early on and after the election, I read an article where Mark Burnett the reality/game show TV producer discussed working with Trump. Burnett had good and bad things to say as I recall. One thing he thought remarkable about Trump was his sense for getting better ratings. It was based on intuition.

I suspect that Trump believes, as in all things, that he knows best how to win this election. I think he is Hitler in the bunker simultaneously aware of certain defeat and certain victory. Unlike Hitler, Trump does see a market to exploit with the remnant of his followers.

My guess is that Trump thinks he is making the right moves to win if the morons who work for him don't screw it up and that, even if they do, he has a plan for exploiting the rubes who do vote for him. His ego is, so far, impervious to reality's assault. He will only have lost because of cheating and the incompetence of others. I'm sure that's how he sees his bankruptcies.

Anybody have a phone number for making a contribution to the Trump campaign?  Because yeah, I don't like how they keep calling me despite never having sent them a $1 (obviously they bought some previous GOP list in my zip code because I backed a friend for RRC and GLO).  

I have a feeling if I pop my collar, blog about my country club membership, and say "Rex Kramer" into a mirror 3 times...I get on a Trump mailing list.   

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

He can't correct his press secretary's remarks about him having received multiple tests a day.

"I get tested about every two days, I don't know about being tested twice a day, but I could see that."

I think someone else said it, but I would bet the press secretary was referencing multiple temperature tests a day. 

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

by far one of his  better press briefings 

Agreed.  It's a really low bar and for a normal President, it would be an extremely poor PC, but for Donny, it's probably one of his better ones.  Seemed like he took his Exelon today.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

No, they are very concerned, and know exactly how this will play out. It'll get ruled unconstitutional before the election, and they can cry "lIBrUl JUdgES OmG rUiNinG 'mURica" and then people "on the fence" will vote trump because, he may be an actual idiot who the world laughs at and who mocks war heroes and is a traitor, but "LIbRul JuDgEs omG!!!!!!!" It will work. It always works.

There’s nobody on the fence. He’s fucked. Just a question of whether it’s a historic beat down. 

Just now, immamac said:

Imagine if he did every briefing like this. He'd get re-elected. 

Too bad he fucked all those other ones up before this, people aren't going to forget now.

if he did this exact press conference in early march, then had the doctors do the rest, he would be in good shape.  but he doesn't know how to do that. 

this is about the 4th time he's "struck a different tone".  it typically wears off in 24-48 hours.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Imagine if he did every briefing like this. He'd get re-elected. 

Too bad he fucked all those other ones up before this, people aren't going to forget now.

he took a small step towards re-election today. biden needs to start upping his game 

Every time I see or hear that he did something good I worry that he's finally decided to act right and turn things around, which will get him re-elected. I don't trust the average voter to remember anything past two days ago. But then a few days later he does something totally stupid and undoes everything. As long as that pattern holds we're good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

There’s nobody on the fence. He’s fucked. Just a question of whether it’s a historic beat down. 

I was thinking this until talking to my FIL this weekend.  He's anti-dotard, but is falling back on the old R talking points and starting to convince himself that it will be even worse with Biden.  I'm fucking worried.

Well, don't forget the early part of his presentation where he repeated lies about death and tried to paint a picture where, "Hey, it's just old people dying." He said the median age of those who die is 78, and the deaths are mostly in nursing homes. I have no idea if that's true because I have no faith in anything this malefactor says.

He has shown some sympathy for Ghislane, so there's that emotional development.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was thinking this until talking to my FIL this weekend.  He's anti-dotard, but is falling back on the old R talking points and starting to convince himself that it will be even worse with Biden.  I'm fucking worried.

This. The bubble is much easier to enter than it is to leave. The fear tactics work and have been escalating.

10 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Every time I see or hear that he did something good I worry that he's finally decided to act right and turn things around, which will get him re-elected. I don't trust the average voter to remember anything past two days ago. But then a few days later he does something totally stupid and undoes everything. As long as that pattern holds we're good. 

Someone was on MSNBC or CNN today saying this is what his campaign is banking on.  They believe if they can “reset” trump when it comes to corona, the public will be forginving and his poll numbers will go up. 

It’s also showing that he finally knows he’s losing big time. 

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It is, but some people fear what they see (violence on Fox News) more than the 'invisible enemy'.

Yeah, but all that shit is occurring on Trump's watch. If you think Portland is a violent hellhole right now and you think the President is somehow responsible for local violence, then you should blame Trump for it.

None of this shit happened under Obama. Not even according to Fox News' bullshit interpretation. So if you don't want current things to continue occurring, then why would you vote for the current administration?  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep. By November 1, he'll be full "marxist" in idiots' minds and that's scarier than trump. He already says "far left" everytime he mentions Biden. He says Biden wants to defund police when he has said the opposite and when corrected he blabs so by November 1, he'll be antifa who wants to execute police officers in the town square. People are really, really, really fucking stupid and will fall for it, which is what trumps people figured out in 2016. We haven't gotten any smarter. He will win reelection.

• Like 2

He managed to act like a normal person for 30 minutes. He's done this repeatedly over the last few years. If he was capable of doing that consistently he would get reelected, because from where we sit today the boring adequacy we used to take for granted looks like excellence. 

But  he always reverts to himself. He will this time, too. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 7