Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

goddamn i cannot imagine a concert more void of testosterone than a Cure show.

oh it was so good my friend, plus we saw Robert Smith and the guys throwing bowling balls before the gig, it was a trip

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

What will be fascinating is whether his GOP enablers continue to enable a lame duck.  Guess it may depend on whether they hold the Senate.

Don't think it even matters.  There are some checks that the Senate can implement with a simple majority, but if Trump tries the things I expect him to try, we will need 2/3 of the Senate to truly check him.  

At any rate, a flipped Senate will cause Mitch to push everything through in December.  If he holds the Senate, everything will get pushed through in January.  Its really only a matter of timing.  Either way, the Dems will never have 2/3 so when Trump openly sells state secrets to Putin in exchange for a Moscow mansion, only Dems+Romney will vote for his removal.

14 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

I remember being astonished that there was more than zero people at the Cure set at ACL Fest a few years back, when Muse was playing at the same time across the way.

24 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

I doubt if they even bothered calling the White House.

Oh, that's going to leave a fucking mark on his ego. For about 8 seconds and then his simple jack brain will move onto the next slight. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

22 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I remember being astonished that there was more than zero people at the Cure set at ACL Fest a few years back, when Muse was playing at the same time across the way.

I was at that Cure set.  No fucking way would I waste my time watching Muse.  That's like ditching Foo Fighters for Live.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was at that Cure set.  No fucking way would I waste my time watching Muse.  That's like ditching Foo Fighters for Live.

I have seen everyone of these, at ACL.  Until this reference, I had forgotten that Live played ACL.  

5 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I have seen everyone of these, at ACL.  Until this reference, I had forgotten that Live played ACL.  

I just pulled that out of my ass.  Please tell me they were on stage simultaneously with Foo Fighters?

I've seen some shitty headliners at ACL.  We chose Kanye over Coldplay, because Coldplay, but Kanye was so fucking bad that we actually stopped for a moment on the way back to our car parked somewhere near Mount Bonnell (slight exaggeration) and listened to a couple of Coldplay tunes.  I can say this:  Mr. Paltrow's band was definitely better than Kanye.

They should do a project together -- Kanplay.  Coldye.  Kantplay.  Whatever.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just pulled that out of my ass.  Please tell me they were on stage simultaneously with Foo Fighters?

I've seen some shitty headliners at ACL.  We chose Kanye over Coldplay, because Coldplay, but Kanye was so fucking bad that we actually stopped for a moment on the way back to our car parked somewhere near Mount Bonnell (slight exaggeration) and listened to a couple of Coldplay tunes.  I can say this:  Mr. Paltrow's band was definitely better than Kanye.

They were not on at the same time, I don't think.  It could've even been two separate years.  

I left that Kanye set too.  Maybe walked right past you at the exit.

48 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Probably because Muse fucking sucks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've got a 15 year streak going (that's about to be broken) for ACL fest and the only headliner I've ever left early on was Dylan. What a terrible show.

/ACL talk not going away

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I've got a 15 year streak going (that's about to be broken) for ACL fest and the only headliner I've ever left early on was Dylan. What a terrible show.

/ACL talk not going away

We stood in the back laughing at the mass exodus!

Donald is really into flags in his office. I was looking at Mnuchin and Pence sitting in his office with flags behind them and flags behind DT. I couldn’t tell what they were. Is he selling flags on the side now? Or have those flags always been like that?

Edited by Brandywine

49 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I don't even particularly love Muse, but the Cure is one of the wimpiest bands of the wimpiest era of music in history. Don't @ me.

Attended a Cure concert back in the day with the girlfriend. Absolutely terrible. At least Depeche Mode concerts got the girls hot and bothered but the Cure was like attending a depression clinic. The only way to wash it off is attending a Slayer concert or a Motorhead concert when Lemmy was still alive. Motorhead in concert is like seeing Meth in musical form.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I left that Kanye set too.  Maybe walked right past you at the exit.

I didn't know all that much about him, but figured "this guy is touted as a legend in the making, I should see him".  Wow.  And then he tried to sing.

I'm not against the genre, either.  I checked out Nas at ACL for similar (if less-hyped reasons) and absolutely loved his music.

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Attended a Cure concert back in the day with the girlfriend. Absolutely terrible. At least Depeche Mode concerts got the girls hot and bothered but the Cure was like attending a depression clinic. The only way to wash it off is attending a Slayer concert or a Motorhead concert when Lemmy was still alive. Motorhead in concert is like seeing Meth in musical form.

Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer! Clash of the Titans! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

I don't think he admits being at that one.  Even if he was in attendance, he more than makes up for it by being at the 2 Live Crew gig.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

/ACL talk not going away

I remember the thread on hornfans entitled “Bob Dylan”

open it up and it just said 

W. 
T. 
F. 

I laughed. 

Donald Trump finally modifies his behavior to wear a mask after seeing such sobering, depressing, concerning numbers.

Which numbers you ask? Deaths? Hospitalizations? No of course not. Poll numbers. He’s behind.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Donald Trump finally modifies his behavior to wear a mask after seeing such sobering, depressing, concerning numbers.

Which numbers you ask? Deaths? Hospitalizations? No of course not. Poll numbers. He’s behind.

I'm still not buying this.  He's been getting his ass kicked for the better part of three months now but has just recently donned a mask.

Maybe because all his Secret Service agents are getting it he figured it might be time to wear one?  Nah, he's too stupid to figure that out.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I saw "Live" at Kaboo fest a couple of years ago.   Here's my 2 word review

"Shit Sandwich".

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I'm still not buying this.  He's been getting his ass kicked for the better part of three months now but has just recently donned a mask.

Maybe because all his Secret Service agents are getting it he figured it might be time to wear one?  Nah, he's too stupid to figure that out.

He just got a new campaign manager. 

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What's the best concert you've ever been to?

Don’t know if it’s the best, but the Pink Floyd momentary lapse of reason tour in 87 was a great show. 

They should recreate that but instead of a big pig balloon use the baby trump balloon and then shoot it.

• Like 2