Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Don’t know if it’s the best, but the Pink Floyd momentary lapse of reason tour in 87 was a great show. 

They should recreate that but instead of a big pig balloon use the baby trump balloon and then shoot it.

I caught that tour at the Erwin Center.  The pig was awesome.

55 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Donald Trump finally modifies his behavior to wear a mask after seeing such sobering, depressing, concerning numbers.

Which numbers you ask? Deaths? Hospitalizations? No of course not. Poll numbers. He’s behind.

article supports your suspicion 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/politics/donald-trump-mask-tweet/index.html

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Invisible China Virus. 

So what's his deal with calling it Invisible? Invisible Enemy, Invisible China Virus. Dude it's a virus. I think we all get that we can't actually fucking see it. I bet someone had to explain that to him aaaaaand I just answered my own question. 

Invisible implies no one could have seen it coming and it totally isn't his fault

• Like 6

I've got a 15 year streak going (that's about to be broken) for ACL fest and the only headliner I've ever left early on was Dylan. What a terrible show.

/ACL talk not going away

I’ve been to every single one. But after three days of drinking beer and listening to good music, I got no time to hang around and listen to a shitty set. Be good or I’m gone.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Invisible China Virus. 

So what's his deal with calling it Invisible? Invisible Enemy, Invisible China Virus. Dude it's a virus. I think we all get that we can't actually fucking see it. I bet someone had to explain that to him aaaaaand I just answered my own question. 

He uses "invisible" as a crutch or cue that there's nothing that can be done about it.  Cuz it's invisible.  Like some kind of superhero.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

I saw "Live" at Kaboo fest a couple of years ago.   Here's my 2 word review

"Shit Sandwich".

Been staying away from this music talk, but gotta say one thing. Mental Jewelry was/is still a fantastic album.  All their stuff ever since has been garbage.

He uses "invisible" as a crutch or cue that there's nothing that can be done about it.  Cuz it's invisible.  Like some kind of superhero.

There's one sure fire way to kill a translucent superhero. Stick a 1/4 lb of C4 up his butt. 

Edited by Superhero
  • Like 2

Our problems are solved:

US President Donald Trump says the American economy is set to DOUBLE in value after he discovered a unique, one-off Bitcoin investment opportunity on Twitter.

The President told reporters he had acted very quickly to take advantage of the opportunity, sending the nation’s entire cash reserves to a celebrity on Twitter who promised to send back double the amount.

“It’s really very clever. I sent them $2.5 trillion in Bitcoin, and now they’re going to send me back $5 trillion in Bitcoin. That’s double. Maybe triple. I don’t know, it’s a lot. No other President has ever done this before.

President Trump said he had a knack for making good investments. “This is going to make us a lot of money. The American economy – which is already very strong by the way, the strongest it’s ever been – is going to get many, many times bigger. People will thank me for this”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t know if it’s the best, but the Pink Floyd momentary lapse of reason tour in 87 was a great show. 
They should recreate that but instead of a big pig balloon use the baby trump balloon and then shoot it.

Went to that tour in Houston at the dome. Pig floats out and blows up. 30k stoned people simultaneously say “duuuuuude.” Great show.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't know all that much about him, but figured "this guy is touted as a legend in the making, I should see him".  Wow.  And then he tried to sing.

I'm not against the genre, either.  I checked out Nas at ACL for similar (if less-hyped reasons) and absolutely loved his music.

Had you said you hated Nas, I would have done this to you:

giphy.gif

Not the music board, but 2002-2007 Kanye gives Nas a run for his money (don’t shoot me bro).  Anything after 2007 Kanye is just trash. 

You live your whole life thinking you're well rounded, been to a few places, sat in some important rooms, seen some shit...

But if you had told me 30 years ago when I kept the Richard Marx CD from Columbia House for one penny and would then see him referenced on a thread about Donald Trump, who would be the President of the United States when I had two children...I'd have said you were all fucking insane.  But here we are.  And "Rush Street" still sucks.

It's my fault.  I started this timeline accidentally 30 years ago applying for a local bank job.  

Lulz.
”The Cure is for pussies!”
”Oh, I guess you were a metal head in the 80s then, huh?  Guns N Roses then?  No, wait.  They were too commercial.  Metallica before they got big, and Iron Maiden, right?”
“Nah, Tears for Fears and Richard Marx forever!  Fuck yeah!”

well...no.

Television...Melvins....Soundgarden (prior to Badmotorfinger)...Superchunk...Sonic Youth...etc.

so suck my ratty 501s and desert boots...

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Had you said you hated Nas, I would have done this to you:

giphy.gif

Not the music board, but 2002-2007 Kanye gives Nas a run for his money (don’t shoot me bro).  Anything after 2007 Kanye is just trash. 

808 & Heartbreak is haunting. I love it (though I know it wasn't everyone's favorite). Definitely not trash though, came out in 2008. MBDTF was great, I thought, as well. Watch the Throne was doing it for the culture and then Kanye West Presents: Cruel Summer was the rap record of the year in 2012 for my money. Jesus is King is the best album of his career to my sensibilities and tastes, just ahead of College Dropout.

Nas is probably the best living legend/living rapper though I'm not familiar with anything he's done in the better part of a decade.

never saw them. my cousin had some bootleg cassettes that he sent me and i’d listen to while high AF and reading Wittgenstein or Kierkegaard as an undergrad philosophy major.

then i’d hit JITB for some 2x $.99 tacos and wallow in my own form of Sturm und Drang.

good times, bro...

Television was way before my time...and besides, i was in Baton Rouge.

but i suspect you knew all that before you asked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I plan on drinking a gallon of milk and projectile shitting all over it.

I'm going to set up a "souvenir stand" outside the official Trump Gravesite premises and sell milk, curry, ex-lax, etc., at a substantial markup. 

Maybe donate a portion of the proceeds to causes Trump opposes. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Television was way before my time...and besides, i was in Baton Rouge.

but i suspect you knew all that before you asked.

I’m a big Television fan, and they were before my time too. Don’t know how old you are and misread your post, thought you meant you actually saw them. Sorry for the derail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

You live your whole life thinking you're well rounded, been to a few places, sat in some important rooms, seen some shit...

But if you had told me 30 years ago when I kept the Richard Marx CD from Columbia House for one penny and would then see him referenced on a thread about Donald Trump, who would be the President of the United States when I had two children...I'd have said you were all fucking insane.  But here we are.  And "Rush Street" still sucks.

It's my fault.  I started this timeline accidentally 30 years ago applying for a local bank job.  

Shockingly, Richard Marx is a pretty good Twitter follow as well...it’s a hell of a world.

• Like 1

I’m a big Television fan, and they were before my time too. Don’t know how old you are and misread your post, thought you meant you actually saw them. Sorry for the derail. 

no sweat at all. i’m 52...Television was a punk band from Queens who came up in the early 70’s, 20+ years prior to my time in Red Stick. as far as i knew then and now, they never ventured much further than CBGB.

great band.

1 hour ago, AbeFroman said:

Took a shit at a Wendys in ‘88

Really?  That's interesting.  Sometime in the early-mid '90s I made an illegal left turn into the Wendy's at Guadalupe and 19th (driving westbound).  There was a woman police officer on a tricycle who tracked me down as I was ordering a double meat with cheese, pickles, onions, and ketchup and a medium diet.  See, my strategy was to act as if I had not seen her waving and pointing for me to pull over.  It did not go well.  

Prince Purple Rain tour at Erwin Center. I was front row next to speakers. I have not recovered. 

I was also at Pink Floyd show. But in Mez. 

back in the 80s, I did ticket scalping for most big shows so I saw pretty much everyone. Another good one was Nine Inch Nails with Marilyn Manson opening (and Jim Rose Circus). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

808 & Heartbreak is haunting. I love it (though I know it wasn't everyone's favorite). Definitely not trash though, came out in 2008. MBDTF was great, I thought, as well. Watch the Throne was doing it for the culture and then Kanye West Presents: Cruel Summer was the rap record of the year in 2012 for my money. Jesus is King is the best album of his career to my sensibilities and tastes, just ahead of College Dropout.

Nas is probably the best living legend/living rapper though I'm not familiar with anything he's done in the better part of a decade.

giphy.gif

No. 

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I saw "Live" at Kaboo fest a couple of years ago.   Here's my 2 word review

"Shit Sandwich".

where they print that? where they print that?

that's not real, is it?

they cant print that?

• Haha 1

I'm going to set up a "souvenir stand" outside the official Trump Gravesite premises and sell milk, curry, ex-lax, etc., at a substantial markup. 

Mexican tap water would work too. Plus you get the bonus of both directions.

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm gonna get my grift on and start a gofundme to keep his grave site clean.  I'll donate half the proceeds towards stocking your stand. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I caught that tour at the Erwin Center.  The pig was awesome.

i caught it in the Astrodome. my date was a teetotaler but he got me a nice hit of acid. the floating pig was magical. i hadn't thought of that in years 🤘

• Like 2

They weren’t from Queens.

So many people disagree with me here simce they are all mid to late 70s CBGB but I wouldn’t call them punk - even though they were contemporaries with the Ramones and Dictators. Television, Suicide, and the Talking Heads are more art rock.  

Fight me

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm gonna get my grift on and start a gofundme to keep his grave site clean.  I'll donate half the proceeds towards stocking your stand. 

If we can somehow get the contract to actually clean it, we could form a third company to sell salvaged poop in pre-packaged projectiles to those people who still want to defile his gravesite without the hassle of actually shitting in public. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1