Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I wonder how many covid and mask deniers out there are feeling abandoned by trump right now. 

I'm wondering if he will have a loss of support from those proud Patriots, but gets a few new mask up supporters now, so it's a wash.

Oh fuck this low bar bullshit. He also called it the China Virus and talked some more about how he’s right that it will one day go away. He looked to be medicated and read off someone else’s words in a monotone voice for half of it.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah, but all that shit is occurring on Trump's watch. If you think Portland is a violent hellhole right now and you think the President is somehow responsible for local violence, then you should blame Trump for it.

None of this shit happened under Obama. Not even according to Fox News' bullshit interpretation. So if you don't want current things to continue occurring, then why would you vote for the current administration?  

You're question in bold is answered by 'stache:

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

People are really, really, really fucking stupid and will fall for it, which is what trumps people figured out in 2016. We haven't gotten any smarter. He will win reelection.

I'm thinking it is the usual Trump aberration and he will be back to his riffs and nonsense, but perhaps his new campaign dude is having an effect. Plus, with Roger out and the gang getting back together, I am still a believer in CONSTANT VIGILANCE.

14 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Someone was on MSNBC or CNN today saying this is what his campaign is banking on.  They believe if they can “reset” trump when it comes to corona, the public will be forginving and his poll numbers will go up. 

It’s also showing that he finally knows he’s losing big time. 

Ukraine sunk him, everything else has been piling on. 

At the Surl celebration in Austin following Donald leaving office, whenever that is, I'm afraid you and Rogerou are gonna need to be prepared for for this question: top 5 Kanye albums. Go. Sub question: is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah, but all that shit is occurring on Trump's watch. If you think Portland is a violent hellhole right now and you think the President is somehow responsible for local violence, then you should blame Trump for it.

None of this shit happened under Obama. Not even according to Fox News' bullshit interpretation. So if you don't want current things to continue occurring, then why would you vote for the current administration?  

More than the violence, trump should be blamed for these unconstitutional gestapo tactics he's using against protesters under the pretext of law and order. But of course most Rs fear urban unrest a whole lot more than they do law enforcement violating civil rights. 

19 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I wonder how many covid and mask deniers out there are feeling abandoned by trump right now. 

The ones I know already are out on social media praising his leadership. Oceana has always been at war with Europa.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Someone should float illegals counting as 3/5’s. He would take the bait and expect all kinds of adulation.  

this is exactly right 

you dont feed a troll. you inflate one until it explodes. 

the sheer madness of trying to reason here just continues to alarm me. after almost 4 years and still so much of it going on

people keep doing it. followed by wows, literallys, imagine if obamas, and every other sideways outrage that feeds or our collective lizard brains. gotta think more like a punk kid and less like a adult who actually cares about shit. 

ya'll homies be cool now. 

What’s the longest he’s managed to look presidential? 3 days?  I mean, we’ve been to this rodeo before. 

He’s a narcissistic ID driven dolt. Give him time, he will always revert to form.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

Think of all the times that any normal person would express empathy, yet Trump was unable.  Now think about who he empathized with today.  Just fucking insanity.  

(Also, slightly hilarious that the two competing narratives from that press conference are "Trump seemed presidential" and "Trump sent his best wishes to a sex trafficker.")

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

What’s the longest he’s managed to look presidential? 3 days?  I mean, we’ve been to this rodeo before. 

This. There is no way he can hold up this act, given that he doesn't have his rallies to vent and go off tangent it's only a matter of time before "Narcissist Donald" returns. 

I didn't praise my toddlers when they failed to stick their hands down their diapers and smear shit on the walls.  This is not a giant breakthrough.  As others have noted, this was Trump mustering his best impersonation of a human being with a heart.  It doesn't come naturally to him, and within a few days, if not a few hours, he will largely negate whatever good things he said today, because he can't help himself.

• Like 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2020/07/21/how-donald-trump-moved-millions-from-his-campaign-donors-to-his-private-business/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Trump has not given a dime to his reelection campaign, opting instead to fund the entire effort with his donors’ money. His business, meanwhile, has continued to charge the campaign for things like food, lodging and rent. The result is that $2.2 million of contributions from other people has turned into $2.2 million of revenue for Trump.

And that’s just counting the money flowing directly through the president’s campaign. His reelection apparatus also includes two joint fundraising committees, which work with the Republican Party to raise money for Trump. Since he took office, those entities—named Trump Victory and the Trump Make America Great Again Committee—have funneled another $2.3 million into the president’s private business, according to a review of Federal Election Commission records. Then there’s the Republican National Committee, which has spent an additional $2.4 million at Trump properties. Add it all up, and the president, working in concert with the party he leads, has helped push $6.9 million into his businesses since taking office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm not watching, but this "new tone" will last less than 3 days.

That's optimistic of you. I give it three hours at best.  I would have said 3 minutes, except I guess the press conference ended. There isn't enough alcohol in the world to convince me to watch it.

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You guys act like he's not going to tweet something insane by 7:00am tomorrow.

in large part, it depends on what Fox News does in the next 12 hours.  if something he sees from Tucker, Hannity, Laura, or Fox & Friends sets him off, then he'll go back to being Trump.  but, if those shows spend all of their time praising Trump and talking about how presidential he acted, he might stick to the game plan of adopting a new tone.

ah, who the fuck are we kidding.  Tucker will rail on AOC tonight and support Yoho for calling her a fucking bitch, and then Trump will go on some rant about the Squad.  this good behavior won't last a newscycle.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was thinking this until talking to my FIL this weekend.  He's anti-dotard, but is falling back on the old R talking points and starting to convince himself that it will be even worse with Biden.  I'm fucking worried.

Oh there was also talk of Antifa in this conversation.  It's pure fear.

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'll start worrying if Biden gets destroyed in the debates or royally fucks up some other way. Otherwise this is going to be a bloodbath for dotard. 

You still think there's going to be a debate much less several?  

50 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't praise my toddlers when they failed to stick their hands down their diapers and smear shit on the walls.  This is not a giant breakthrough.  As others have noted, this was Trump mustering his best impersonation of a human being with a heart.  It doesn't come naturally to him, and within a few days, if not a few hours, he will largely negate whatever good things he said today, because he can't help himself.

just goes to show...

horrible virus = nothing

people getting sick = nothing

people dying = nothing

black people getting killed by cops = nothing

protests in the streets = nothing

riots in the streets = nothing

tear-gassing citizens = nothing

shitty polls that have made him realize he may not get to be president anymore = holy shit i better straighten up and fly right

here endeth the lesson we already knew.  the smartest thing he could do right now is disappear for a few days.  but zero chance he does that.

Edited by henrygandorf
reasons
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

That's optimistic of you. I give it three hours at best.  I would have said 3 minutes, except I guess the press conference ended. There isn't enough alcohol in the world to convince me to watch it.

His even keel tone ends once he finds his phone.  

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh there was also talk of Antifa in this conversation.  It's pure fear.

You've gotta find some way to get through to him. Refute every MAGA talking point if you have to with sources.

Edited by Bevo14

John Brennan told us, with a straight face, that it was very rare (maybe once a week) for any President to receive his Intelligence Briefing/PDB...AFTER...8:00a-ET.  Trump gets it, on average 2-3x/week, and usually after lunch. 

Fucking Boss Leadership, folks.  Get some! 

Operation Legend?

That's what this DHS hubbub in Portland (and coming soon to a city near you!) is called?

In 2020, there's an ongoing "operation" against US citizens.  Rand Paul might be the only GOP furrowed brow I'm aware of.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Operation Legend?

That's what this DHS hubbub in Portland (and coming soon to a city near you!) is called?

In 2020, there's an ongoing "operation" against US citizens.  Rand Paul might be the only GOP furrowed brow I'm aware of.

Well, you have to name the operation if your paramilitary troops are gonna DOMINATE THE BATTLESPACE. Here. In America. It’s a battlespace. To be dominated.

Note the use of paramilitary irregulars (little green men). It is ripped right from the authoritarian regime playbook used all over the world. We are east Germany, El Salvador, Syria...you know, a shithole country.

Fucking Stasi.

• Like 1