Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

https://newrepublic.com/article/158584/donald-trump-devouring-country

Every day unfolds in the shadow of this sour and soggy fact—that recursive and stubborn idiocy is at the heart of why the federal government has effectively and intentionally abandoned the management of a (still) rampaging pandemic because the president thinks it’s both boring and a loser of a campaign issue. This blank, militant incomprehension of the world at large is also the chief explanation for the new battalions of uniformed state agents loyal only to the president who’ve been dispatched to kidnap and gas protesters in American cities because the president saw statues being toppled on the news. Living with the knowledge that we’re being governed by a bottomly malicious dope who actively and openly wishes much of the country ill is unsettling. There is a basic presumption of good faith built into the broader American project: Presidents might be right or wrong, but they are at least supposed to try. But that is not where we are, because that is not the kind of president we have. And so all of this is still very much being worked out from one moment to the next, as Americans try to figure out how to live in a country so manifestly abandoned.

• Like 1

Under the bus you go, Governors!

Someone should probably make Trump and his team aware of this "internet thing", it has a fantastic memory.

President Donald Trump says he wants the nation "opened up and just raring to go by Easter" -- a date just more than two weeks away that few health experts believe will be sufficient in containing the spread of coronavirus.

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Someone should probably make Trump and his team aware of this "internet thing", it has a fantastic memory.

President Donald Trump says he wants the nation "opened up and just raring to go by Easter" -- a date just more than two weeks away that few health experts believe will be sufficient in containing the spread of coronavirus.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:
they really convinced him to settle down or something. he has not tweeted at all today. medication or something?

Hope Hicks blowjob, then a nap.

Probably takes awhile for her to dig for the mushroom.  

21 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

they really convinced him to settle down or something. he has not tweeted at all today. medication or something?

New campaign manager. Let's see how long he can keep Dotard under control. Not long, I'll bet. Trump will explode soon because he doesn't like being managed. 

To be fair to Trump, he has saved a handful of people he had previously left for dead...so that gave some Governors false hope that they'd be redeemed for slurping on his taint.  He will, when this is all said and done, actually help a few felons and politicians that he left in his wake, but 95% of them are screwed.  They're just fucking each other, and America, over to have one of those last chairs when the music stops.  That's where Trump is actually fairly competent.  From creditors, to family members, to wives, to business partners, to Senators, to Governors, to media outlets...he strings everybody along just well enough that they all think they'll invariably be saved a seat at the head table when all is said and done.  But in the end, most of them will have burned every bridge and go crawling back to their corners/states/stations/businesses with nothing to show for all of this.  Just a four year flash-in-the-pan with the skid marks to prove it.  Meanwhile, the rest of our nation will have to contend with the 20mm or so of his supporters that are truly unhinged.  Thanks guys!  

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Oh he’s talking again about covid. And continuing to be relatively restrained. Hey guys it’s all about the governors. Nothing to see here. 

It’s been over 24 hours. I’m actually shocked he hasn’t reverted back to his normal self. Did someone really reign him in?

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s been over 24 hours. I’m actually shocked he hasn’t reverted back to his normal self. Did someone really reign him in?

No, no they did not. He is absolutely incapable of repressing himself. Lucy and her football out front shoulda told ya.

kaitlan collins has become a real star the past few months.  throws the obama curveball in to derail him.  he knew at that point he could only do 1-2 more questions and then had to bounce with the abe lincoln mic drop.

also found it funny that he's so concerned about all the shooting going on in the violent democrat-run cities, but then when he touts how well things are going in portland because of his intervening, he only mentions that all the federal buildings are safe.

i didn't hear the biden comment that was brought up.  i do think it's funny that this exchange keeps happening:

-president trump, are you a racist?

-how could i be a racist when the black unemployment rates were so low??

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

thank god there were no medical experts in there to, you know, clarify medical details.

Well he said that they explained it all to him and he understood it very well so now he’s explaining it to us and he’s very smart and his relationship with them is very good and ah fuck me I can’t finish it!!!

40 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also is there any evidence that children don't catch, carry, or spread covid, relatively speaking?  because that's what he's claiming.  thank god there were no medical experts in there to, you know, clarify medical details.

transmission rates seem lower but that may be because schools basically stopped happening in mid-march.  it's not like kids went back to their jobs or started barhopping in may.