Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

lol you give his words power. They have none and I'm the fucking delusional one?

So you aren't cool with any of this stuff that is "going to happen" what happens after it happens? What's your plan then?

Look my whole point was the election winner means fuck all, which is a sad enough indictment of the current situation. What will happen in the courts is the TBD. Until we know how it all plays out, no point in devising some elaborate plan. I guess where we disagree primarily is that you completely disregard Trump's words, claiming they have no having power. And in a vacuum perhaps you are correct.

But pay attention to Bill Barr's words. Pay attention to the words of the 53 GOP Senators. If they line up......well then they have considerable power. I guess we will see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Look my whole point was the election winner means fuck all, which is a sad enough indictment of the current situation. What will happen in the courts is the TBD. Until we know how it all plays out, no point in devising some elaborate plan. I guess where we disagree primarily is that you completely disregard Trump's words, claiming they have no having power. And in a vacuum perhaps you are correct.

But pay attention to Bill Barr's words. Pay attention to the words of the 53 GOP Senators. If they line up......well then they have considerable power. I guess we will see. 

This is literally the dumbest thing I've read in weeks. You are literally grasping at straws to fill your straw man argument as you argue with it. 

"the winner of the election doesn't matter" and I'm the one that's delusional? LOL

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is literally the dumbest thing I've read in weeks. You are literally grasping at straws to fill your straw man argument as you argue with it. 

"the winner of the election doesn't matter" and I'm the one that's delusional? LOL

Dumber than not knowing what "literally" means? I don't even have any straws in my house. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Wake me up after trump loses the election, but somehow that doesn't matter and all supreme court justices create a case instead of having one brought to them, and that case is going to invalidate all election processes that have ever happened in the united states since it's inception because the constitution is unconstitutional. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that's already pretty well documented. it was a branding attempt gone awry - for everyone but him, for now.

So much shit has happened since then but this still blows my mind every time I think about it. Donald Trump of all people underestimated the stupidity of the American electorate (specifically the Republicans) and the consequence he faced was he was elected President. 

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

no, he didn't try to lose. it takes a huge network of people working around the clock to become president.  he was meeting with evangelical leaders in 2012 to try to make sure they'd support him in 2016.  

He wanted to make a real run at it, but it was first and foremost a branding exercise and he never expected to actually win the GOP nomination. If I am remembering some old reporting correctly, he expected Jeb to win it. 

Just look at any of these pictures of him taken the week after the election: https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/donald-trump-doesnt-like-this-any-more-than-you-do-1788862854. He never wanted anything to do with the responsibility of being President. He's not going to just give it up now because he loves the power and the attention, and the real risk of prison if he leaves office, but he definitely didn't really want to win in the first place. He miscalculated and fucked us all.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

we won't know the results of this completely fraudulent election for weeks, months, or even years, but don't worry, immediately after i win, i will make sure we pass a stimulus package to help save the country.

i don't like this plan.  i love this plan.

If it's what you say I love it especially later in November.

Just now, DDD Dad said:

I'm just spitballing here but if DJT really wanted to provide COVID relief couldn't Mitch pass a major stimulus bill in the Senate to put pressure on Crazy Nancy?

My question as well.  Trump tells Steve Mouth to print $10,000 dollar bills to every American with a picture of himself doing a karate kick on a corona particle.  The Senate approves it.  Once he sees how poorly this is received his only out is to say that he couldn't negotiate with Pelosi because he knew he wanted to give way more than the Dirty Dems would ever allow.  Crazy pills.  I've learned to not trust anything anymore, including the highest ranking law enforcement servant in the state of Texas.

51 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

It's almost like he's trying.......to lose.

Trump: Listen up, you white trash slobs. I hate all of you filthy, goddamned morons. Not one of you ignorant, sleeveless shit heaps or your fat and loud wives would be allowed on any of my properties. I tried to die just to get away from you. DON'T VOTE FOR ME. I hate this job almost as much as I hate you and your faggoty boats. I will nuke you. Fuck off!

Trump Supporters: He cuts right through the fancy gibber jabber and says it how it is. That's what the country needs. At your service, Sir! Voting for you again! 8 MORE YEARS!!!!! OWN THA LIBZ!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He wanted to make a real run at it, but it was first and foremost a branding exercise and he never expected to actually win the GOP nomination. If I am remembering some old reporting correctly, he expected Jeb to win it. 

Just look at any of these pictures of him taken the week after the election: https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/donald-trump-doesnt-like-this-any-more-than-you-do-1788862854. He never wanted anything to do with the responsibility of being President. He's not going to just give it up now because he loves the power and the attention, and the real risk of prison if he leaves office, but he definitely didn't really want to win in the first place. He miscalculated and fucked us all.

My theory is that it started as a marketing ploy and when he started polling well and winning primaries his ego took over and he loved every second of winning the presidency and he wants desperately to win again and will go full facist if he loses (although as doom and gloom as I can be I don't think congress or the military will help him try to undo an election loss although the newly packed court might). 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tokamak said:

I seriously can't figure out his angle with "vote for me or no stimulus". Who is that going to appeal to?

And the response from Biden is easy. “Trump couldn’t pass a stimulus now, but he wants you to trust him when he says he’ll get around to passing one in a few months? Vote for me and I’ll pass a stimulus as my first act as President.” 

Is anyone else wondering if they are going to try an end run cancel the election kinda thing? I'm pretty sure that a couple of months ago that was dismissed which I agree with completely, but now they've got a lot of people positive and with the whole 'whaddya gonna do about it' GOP attitude, it seems just crazy enough for them to try it. On the one hand, it destroys the SCOTUS stuff, but on the other hand they shut everything down in the middle of elections, there will be chaos. GOP seems to like chaos the last four years.