CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Well sure. Now that Biden's taking over, he can sit back on Twitter and talk about how horrible the lockdowns are, how they destroyed his beautiful economy, and how cases aren't better under Biden. And the stupid fucks out in the rural areas will eat it up. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude, it’s obviously a conspiracy, where the doctors are controlled by the Bilderbergers, Big Pharma, the lizard people under the Denver airport, and Ken Griffey Jr. Duh. Open your eyes, sheeple!

Obviously the Pizzagate/Qanon evils are in kahoots with Ken Griffey, Jr.  I mean his nickname is literally "The Kid"....DUH!?!?!?!?!?

On 11/14/2020 at 6:54 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

There was a party that spontaneously occurred in my garage/alley last Saturday after the election got called. Somehow the garage door ended up crooked, with bent spars and a spring broken. It to be rebuilt and rehung the next day- new rails, new spars, brackets, everything except the panels and the door itself. Cost me over a grand, which pales in comparison to the market value of the bourbon and champagne that was consumed. 

Everybody wore masks though. Worth it!

Y’all drank bourbon and champagne through straws?

25 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Paul Gazelka, MN Senate majority leader and the highest ranking Republican in state government, got on a plane to Florida on Monday showing symptoms. Today, he got a positive test. 

Dumbass.

"uncontrolled community spread is a failure of leadership"
     - man whose title is literally "Leader"

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Paul Gazelka, MN Senate majority leader and the highest ranking Republican in state government, got on a plane to Florida on Monday showing symptoms. Today, he got a positive test. 

Dumbass.

So, no one was put at any other risk in his Senate, but all youse udder guys are out of luck because I don't understand the word 'quarantine' until my test results show affirmative and even then, sucks to your assmar? Well, that's the GOP definition of leadership right there: Waaaaah! I'm the victim here, staaaaap blaming me.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So, no one was put at any other risk in his Senate, but all youse udder guys are out of luck because I don't understand the word 'quarantine' until my test results show affirmative and even then, sucks to your assmar? Well, that's the GOP definition of leadership right there: Waaaaah! I'm the victim here, staaaaap blaming me.

I will always posrep a “sucks to your ass-mar” reference.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oofda.

So he doesn't want mask and stay-at-home orders.

But then he also says "want more mandates & lockdown?  Contact your governor.  That's state controlled"

Okay motherfucker, what's it going to be - she's doing exactly what your precious HASHTAGFEDERALISM is saying do - making decisions at the state level.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So he doesn't want mask and stay-at-home orders.

But then he also says "want more mandates & lockdown?  Contact your governor.  That's state controlled"

Okay motherfucker, what's it going to be - she's doing exactly what your precious HASHTAGFEDERALISM is saying do - making decisions at the state level.

I think that's his point, in a way but he's a conservative from Stanford's  Hoover Institute so he has to say it in the most confusing way possible.

Seriously, it no longer surprises me that this Administration is a puppet government run by people who wish to tear down the agencies that provide benefits to the masses in favor of taxation that wholly benefits the top class in society. The top class already receives outsize benefits, but they wish to have ALL of it. The way to do that is to turn each state into a small fiefdom overseen by the President. Uprising against duly elected state leaders to break it apart the way the USSR was in a subversion of the way the founders intended. Putin isn't stupid and neither are the people behind this. They should be ashamed of what they have wrought and the deaths on their hands. The reason they are crying now, is that the majority of people won't do what they want--most actually care about others close to them and wish to keep them (and themselves) alive so they don't have to die alone. Boo fucking hoo, Dr. Atlas, wear a mask and go social distance yourself in a corner while you cry over your 401K not performing like you want it to.

This is just as important, if not more, as its effectiveness (after a certain point anyway).

While these recent vaccine numbers are obviously good news, remain vigilant. Even if they actually do end up 90 plus percent effective, we’re months away from any real rollout.

12 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

The probability that the 94.5% was caused by chance rather than the vaccine.

Yeah, I get the stat.  But is that really good for a vaccination trial or average or not really significant?  I don't have a baseline of comparison because I've never cared to follow drug trials until now.  I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue and start learning about drug trial math.  

Yeah, I get the stat.  But is that really good for a vaccination trial or average or not really significant?  I don't have a baseline of comparison because I've never cared to follow drug trials until now.  I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue and start learning about drug trial math.  

From what I've read anything above 50% was better than expectation, so numbers in the 90s are huge successes.

Yes BradinATX, 94.5% is good.  I'm asking about the probability stat the <.0001   That means the likelihood was extremely low, almost unmeasurable.  My question is that <.0001 considered really good, just average, bad, or nothing really at all?  How does that compare to other vaccination trials for say the flu or measles or? 

Edited by Lobo

that's just what an anti-vaxxer would say.  I know it's not meaningful by itself, hence my questions about how it compares to the other trials.  But this is what I get for a board full of lawyers and no pharmacists.  ;) 

But yes, moving on.......surprised to see their stock only up 2% in early trading.  They kept the lid on this thing rather well, so to speak.  Unlike Pfizer, Moderna did receive government funding.  DO they pay that back or does it convert to a down payment on initial vaccination orders?  If we were smart, it should be converted to equity.  

This seems like an important week for the Trump and Biden Covid-19 groups to be in constant communication for a smooth handoff of vaccination logistics with not just one, but now two, and hopefully growing list of Big Pharma companies and their HHS/DoD counterparties.  So obviously, being 2020...those discussions will instead be replaced by radio silence and three rounds of golf.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yes BradinATX, 94.5% is good.  I'm asking about the probability stat the <.0001   That means the likelihood was extremely low, almost unmeasurable.  My question is that <.0001 considered really good, just average, bad, or nothing really at all?  How does that compare to other vaccination trials for say the flu or measles or? 

<.0001 that you’re not a faget.

• Hook 'Em 1