CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Was Colin Powell an anti vaxer? Covid is wiping them out. He should've got vaxed. Sad. 

Powell, whose immune system was weakened, died of Covid-19 despite being vaccinated.

Colin L. Powell, whose immune system was weakened by treatment for multiple myeloma, died of complications of Covid-19 despite being “fully vaccinated,” his family said in a statement.

Peggy Cifrino, Mr. Powell’s longtime aide, said that he had been successfully treated for multiple myeloma, a cancer of white blood cells in the bone marrow.

The family’s statement did not provide further details about the complications or underlying health conditions. It said he was being treated at Walter Reed National Medical Center. Other details about his health were not released, including whether he had received a booster shot, or when he had been vaccinated against the virus.

People with multiple myeloma have compromised immune systems and are thus at greater risk of developing severe Covid-19. Vaccines are also likely to be less effective in these patients.

In a study published in July, researchers found that just 45 percent of those with active multiple myeloma “developed an adequate response” after receiving either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines.

Although the shots are critical in reducing severe disease and death from the coronavirus, such outcomes are not unexpected. No vaccine is 100 percent effective, experts say.

As The New York Times reported recently, severe Covid is rare in people who have been fully vaccinated.

In June, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that it had received reports of 10,262 breakthrough infections by April 30 — a tiny fraction of the 101 million Americans who had been vaccinated by that date. (The agency noted that it likely represented “a substantial undercount” of breakthrough infections.)

Of those breakthrough cases, 2 percent died — and in some of those cases, patients were hospitalized or died from something unrelated to Covid-19. The median age of those who died was 82.

Was Colin Powell an anti vaxer? Covid is wiping them out. He should've got vaxed. Sad. 

Username should be passive aggressive and stupid as dogshit coach.  Rolls off the tongue.

RIP General Powell.  I suspect the WMD fiasco will forever tarnish his legacy but I admired him and his military career.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Houston Right Wing Radio / 740 - we do not know if the vaccine killed him. Other announcer - per a nurse the hospital’ is full of sick vaccinated people !!!!

I heard from a source that 100% of people admitted to the hospital had some sort of medical issue!!   I would suggest you stay away from hospitals!!! Hospitals have a much higher death rate than.. say.. chick fil a

I have no love for Colin Powell, but god damnit, multiple myeloma is a bitch.  Took my stepdad 5 months ago. 

And CP had Parkinson's.  He was a walking comorbidity. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

You are such a fucking idiot that it makes my brain hurt.

So Leeroy, I had my first call today on having to navigate the Executive Order for contractors vs. Abbot, vs. Texas is a fucking at-will-employment state.   I guess you can probably figure out who the holdouts, clingers, God-men and gunslingers were at our company.   

Yes there are some dumbasses who still refuse to get vaccinated or use proper hygiene in other matters.  Aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

So, just so I have this correct: literally billions of people have been vaccinated in the past year, including 99.9% of all the famous people that you've ever heard of, and the first notable name attached to a vaccine breakthrough death is an immunocompromised 84 year old...and that's somehow proof that the vaccines aren't wildly effective?

Mighty fine defective work there, Lou.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

So Leeroy, I had my first call today on having to navigate the Executive Order for contractors vs. Abbot, vs. Texas is a fucking at-will-employment state.   I guess you can probably figure out who the holdouts, clingers, God-men and gunslingers were at our company.   

Yes there are some dumbasses who still refuse to get vaccinated or use proper hygiene in other matters.  Aggy.

What if many of them had Covid already and know their natural immunity protects them much better than the vaccine? Maybe they don't want to be forced to inject a vaccine they don't need? Just a wild thought. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 12

7 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

What if many of them had Covid already and know their natural immunity protects them much better than the vaccine? Maybe they don't want to be forced to inject a vaccine they don't need? Just a wild thought. 

It’s become abundantly clear that this country has many morons such as yourself. No need for you to keep letting us know that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Yeah, I'm sure that they were acutely aware of their current antibodies level. Being men of science and all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s become abundantly clear that this country has many morons such as yourself. No need for you to keep letting us know that. 

You're doubting the science behind natural immunity? Even Fauci and Gupta acknowledge it but you have other science? I've personally had covid and I won't be getting the vax because I know the data. Why should I be forced to take it? 

• Fuck You 8

18 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I'd say you can't really be this fucking stupid, but I've read many of your other posts, so I know you are. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

You're doubting the science behind natural immunity? Even Fauci and Gupta acknowledge it but you have other science? I've personally had covid and I won't be getting the vax because I know the data. Why should I be forced to take it? 

What's your current antibody level?

7 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Does your natural immunity derive from your supply of Brawndo?  I hear it has the electrolytes vegetables like you crave.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Remember last summer when we couldn't agree if we were in a pandemic?

And then we couldn't agree if we should wear masks and socially distance to keep people from getting sick?

And then we couldn't agree if we should get vaccinated to get out of the pandemic?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What's your current antibody level?

So I guess we should all be getting constant antibody level testing since it appears the effectiveness of the vaccine wanes much faster than natural immunity? Hence the booster. I don't think I've seen studies showing waning natural immunity but if there is some significant study demonstrating waning natural immunity I'd be open to a booster type shot. 

• Fuck You 8

11 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

So I guess we should all be getting constant antibody level testing since it appears the effectiveness of the vaccine wanes much faster than natural immunity? Hence the booster. I don't think I've seen studies showing waning natural immunity but if there is some significant study demonstrating waning natural immunity I'd be open to a booster type shot. 

Have you been vaccinated at all? I'm happy to re-re-re-repost the study that measured and compared antibody levels of only prior infection to prior infection + vaccine. 

I'll give you exactly one posrep if you can guess which one resulted in higher measured levels of antibodies

Edit: bolverk posted it

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Most of the people I know/work with who had covid also got vaccinated, voluntarily.  

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

It seems we have one of those classic "fuck around and find out" situations. @PassiveAggressiveCoach makes the bold claim that "natural immunity protects ... much better than the vaccine" when the data show otherwise: New CDC Study: Vaccination Offers Higher Protection than Previous COVID-19 Infection.

That's an older study than the much larger one released after it regarding natural immunity with over 30K patients studied. Even Fauci couldn't come up with a good reason for people with natural immunity having to take the vaccine. 

• Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

That's an older study than the much larger one released after it regarding natural immunity with over 30K patients studied. Even Fauci couldn't come up with a good reason for people with natural immunity having to take the vaccine. 

Bruh that study is just over 2 months old lol. What's the much larger one? I haven't seen it yet and/or don't remember it 

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I keep seeing morons bring up the “it’s a personal decision” argument, specifically in the WSU thread. People shouldn’t be shamed for making a personal decision. The mob rule is bad, etc. 

Fuck that. It may be a personal decision, but it’s a fucking dumb one, and you should be shamed, fired, and shunned from society for making it. We have had vaccine mandates for over a hundred years to protect society from disease. It works. It has always worked. People have been required to have vaccines to attend school, college, work, etc. this isn’t new. This isn’t novel. When people refused in the past. We shunned their dumbasses too. I’m tired of hearing people feel sympathy for making stupid decisions. Replace covid with measles. Would you say he’s brave and making a personal decision because he refuses to get vaccinated for measles or polio?

Depends. Is it libtards telling you to get vaccinated for polio in this hypothetical?

9 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

It'll be funnier if you die from it being vaccinated. I'll feel pretty safe with my natural immunity backed by some strong studies confirming it. 

I’ve been vaccinated since March. If it was going to kill me it would’ve done it by now, you fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 2