CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

9 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

What the fuck is wrong with these people!?  And, don't they have anything better to do (get a job sir!) than be fucking trolls to elementary school students?  They need their ass kicked.

More projection and outward expressions of insecurity from some of the most dreadfully ignorant and cruel members of American society. May each of them feel true pain, experience true loss, and find a way to crawl back into the dank pits from whence they came. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

TIL that Shelley Meyer has had a 30+ year career as a nurse.

Well that explains where all the Meyer's money comes from!

I assume she was a low end nurse, not an RN?  Just enough knowledge to be dogmatically dangerous. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I assume she was a low end nurse, not an RN?  Just enough knowledge to be dogmatically dangerous. 

She is a registered nurse and has (or had) a teaching position at Ohio State.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Rage+1 3

53 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

RN education was a lot different back when she started, I'm sure. But we are equally as capable of being idiotic fuckwits as anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

RN education was a lot different back when she started, I'm sure. But we are equally as capable of being idiotic fuckwits as anyone else.

My anecdotal evidence of dating several nurses tells me that your profession has a higher % of cray cray females than most occupations.  Don’t know if the job attracts the crazy, or if it causes the crazy, but it exists.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

My anecdotal evidence of dating several nurses tells me that your profession has a higher % of cray cray females than most occupations.  Don’t know if the job attracts the crazy, or if it causes the crazy, but it exists.

This is complete conjecture, but I would think that (literally) being on the front lines of the healthcare industry would cause one to become quite jaded.  Doctors have the "benefit" of extensive training in diagnosis and expected outcomes.  Nurses aren't quite up to some of that -- they take and execute orders, and they see the shit first hand.  They probably know where half their cases are headed from the jump, but it still has to be mind-numbing.

It does not surprise me one bit that a higher % of nurses have a "fuck it all" attitude as compared to the rest of society.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ok, wtf? seriously someone has to be funding these people. I have priced banners 1/4 that size and they're fucking expensive. I can't imagine what at 12'x12' banner costs.

These are people who donated money to a completely phony "build the wall" fund.  I seriously doubt it's difficult to find a dozen or more folks willing to kick in hundreds of dollars each to fund a syringe swastika, because it owns the libs.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ok, wtf? seriously someone has to be funding these people. I have priced banners 1/4 that size and they're fucking expensive. I can't imagine what at 12'x12' banner costs.

Did you get a price from a company in China that uses child labor and ink made from a mixture of nuclear waste and asbestos?

On 10/5/2021 at 10:54 AM, sidis said:

your move, lakeway.

Don't that LPD would let that go down on school property, as depicted in that photo. When those dipshit were acting up out here (around school board meeting schedule) they mostly kept to the ROW on 620. 

Had a young family member, newly minted pharmacist, explain that her fairly serious boyfriend was doing his own research and waiting for more results (he is a blogger and marketing person). And that they “fought all the time about it.” I told her that this was a rare opportunity to see the type of person other people are in stark color— and to consider whether he is on her level intellectually. And asked if she didn’t feel insulted that this marketer guy felt more qualified than her to assess the safety of a pharmaceutical.  And that he’s being extremely selfish by not protecting himself whilE living with a health worker who sees sick people all the time. 

She insisted that this was an “exception” and he’s otherwise quite smart. I just said that you need to trust who people are when they show you, and left it at that. Hopefully some food for thought. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Had a young family member, newly minted pharmacist, explain that her fairly serious boyfriend was doing his own research and waiting for more results (he is a blogger and marketing person). And that they “fought all the time about it.” I told her that this was a rare opportunity to see the type of person other people are in stark color— and to consider whether he is on her level intellectually. And asked if she didn’t feel insulted that this marketer guy felt more qualified than her to assess the safety of a pharmaceutical.  And that he’s being extremely selfish by not protecting himself whilE living with a health worker who sees sick people all the time. 

She insisted that this was an “exception” and he’s otherwise quite smart. I just said that you need to trust who people are when they show you, and left it at that. Hopefully some food for thought. 

My younger cousin is at Texas Tech.  And has met a boy here at UT when she comes home to see her parents.  She asked me to help her  transfer to UT.  Obviously she doesn't care about academics, but really wants to be closer to this boy.  Turns out he shares her mother's batshit insane feelings on Covid, the vaccine, and Trump so the whole family is really hoping I can make the transfer happen.  So I helped her with the application.  But she's not gonna get in, even with my help, and their whole family is gonna think it's because I don't want to her to be around this anti-vaxx dipshit who's got future sex offender written all over his smug face.  So my wife and I are already bracing for the pushback from them.  Turns out, she hid from me the fact that he's carrying a whopping 2.5 GPA from Tech.  Trump politics aside, that ain't gonna get you into A&M, let alone UT.  

She didn't want my help to apply to UT as a freshman, said she didn't like how liberal Austin was.  But now that McDreamy Anti-Vaxx Barron, Jr. tells her that he'll protect her from mean ole' progressive Austin and it's pro-science bullshit, suddenly I have to call in every fucking favor I have to get her in at Texas.  

So my point is kinda like with your young pharmacist relative.  Sometimes you gotta let these people make their own mistakes, learn who they are, learn who their potential mate is, and how those kinds of shitty people can permeate into other areas of your life and fuck them up too.  She needs to grow up and understand stupid is stupid no matter how educated it is, and that her echo chamber of Lubbock and Dripping Springs and some pre-law dipshit aren't gonna get you far in life.

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

My younger cousin is at Texas Tech.  And has met a boy here at UT when she comes home to see her parents.  She asked me to help her  transfer to UT.  Obviously she doesn't care about academics, but really wants to be closer to this boy.  Turns out he shares her mother's batshit insane feelings on Covid, the vaccine, and Trump so the whole family is really hoping I can make the transfer happen.  So I helped her with the application.  But she's not gonna get in, even with my help, and their whole family is gonna think it's because I don't want to her to be around this anti-vaxx dipshit who's got future sex offender written all over his smug face.  So my wife and I are already bracing for the pushback from them.  Turns out, she hid from me the fact that he's carrying a whopping 2.5 GPA from Tech.  Trump politics aside, that ain't gonna get you into A&M, let alone UT.  

She didn't want my help to apply to UT as a freshman, said she didn't like how liberal Austin was.  But now that McDreamy Anti-Vaxx Barron, Jr. tells her that he'll protect her from mean ole' progressive Austin and it's pro-science bullshit, suddenly I have to call in every fucking favor I have to get her in at Texas.  

So my point is kinda like with your young pharmacist relative.  Sometimes you gotta let these people make their own mistakes, learn who they are, learn who their potential mate is, and how those kinds of shitty people can permeate into other areas of your life and fuck them up too.  She needs to grow up and understand stupid is stupid no matter how educated it is, and that her echo chamber of Lubbock and Dripping Springs and some pre-law dipshit aren't gonna get you far in life.

I mean, I kind of gently said on my front that “hey, you have the chance to ditch this obviously stupid marketing twit now before he spoils your life with more craziness, be glad you found out now. You’re an objectively pretty educated young woman with a job and this will be no big loss and it will happen eventually anyway.” But that wouldn’t go over well and plus the population thread in DT makes me worried that educated young women are struggling in a sea of failson right now. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide