CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Back in the 80’s kids used to huff “locker room”. Maybe they were onto something.

Oh no, Locker room was the first drug I was ever grabbed by the back of neck and and made to inhale and lost my senses. Times

No idea why that memory makes me laugh and smile.  It does though, maybe got long term Helsinki syndrome.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's kind of a bullshit headline.  They had a year to deliver the cheap gubmint models.

Now we're buying the expensive commercial ones on a short delivery time.

There was a story on this a few weeks ago that got highlighted on the NYT Daily podcast.  Once again they did a deep dive and gave a helpful analysis of the history behind this.  

Here's the link.

The discussion on the ventilator shortage starts around the 10 minute mark.

Ya'll in this thread know who this is; cheers:

I've got some buddies and we all drink bleach
You know we practice what we preach
We're not a drunken bunch of frat boys drunk on beer
Or a stoned bunch of hippies with no careers
I wanna drink bleach with a Georgia Peach
My pals and I all drink Clorox
Or eat Snowy right out of the box
Teenage suicide rate shot high and we
Understand the reason why
Bleach does more than whiten socks
Don't you wanna hang out with the bleach boys baby
In a land where ministers murder golf pros?
Don't you wanna drink some bleach tonight?
Maybe there'll be a party at the beach
We'll bitch about life and chug-a-lug bleach
No ones getting high and no one's getting drunk
We got a case off bleach stashed in the trunk.
I wanna die with clorox within reach.
I'm very proud of the respect I've earned
And my voice is very deep 'cause my throat got burned.
Bleach keeps you young so I've been told
'cause no one who drinks it lives to be old
Drink it with a chaser is the first thing I learned.
Don't you wanna hang out with the bleach boys baby
In a land where midgets run for mayor?
Don't you wanna drink some bleach tonight?
I had 26 friends in the beginning
But now it seems our numbers are thinning
Some people drive fast others love to bet
Still others snort coke in a private jet.
But drinking bleach is my way of winning.
(Bad guitar solo)
I'm so bored I'm drinking bleach (x472)

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoladu said:

getting a window in how conversations go in the oval office with this lunatic.

• Dropping nuclear bombs on hurricanes.
  • Shining UV light on the inside of people's bodies to treat COVID.
  • Injecting disinfectants to treat COVID-19. 

Oh yeah - 

fb734697555155e2db3111743fda8197.jpg

• Like 3

It needs to be inhaled, though.  Some might suggest a 1:1 concoction of ammonia and bleach.  Not me, not Trump, some.  Might work, might not, according to some.  I don't know, I'm not a doctor.  What have you got to lose?

I didn't say that.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

"Sunlight can kill the virus"

"Mr President do you think you should be encouraging people to go outside?"

"I didn't say that its just a suggestion!" 

I think Mr Potato Head is deteriorating so fast that his brain has mixed up "virus" and "vampire."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wanker Bob said:

That's like saying using a better cut for filet mignon. 

Skirt = fajita. 

If you have the technique down there's no better way to do it. 

Yeah, you gotta pound the hell out of it. Only New Seasons has skirt steak, but it's $12 a pound. It also makes me wonder what made chicken fried steak so spendy then. 

15 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

"Sunlight can kill the virus"

"Mr President do you think you should be encouraging people to go outside?"

"I didn't say that its just a suggestion!" 

The idiot can’t even get out of his own way when he says something right.

People should go outside to get sunshine but not because it “kills the virus.” It doesn’t kill the virus. It does help build up your own immune system which helps combat it, but of course Trump is too stupid to articulate that. 

• Like 1

It needs to be inhaled, though.  Some might suggest a 1:1 concoction of ammonia and bleach.  Not me, not Trump, some.  Might work, might not, according to some.  I don't know, I'm not a doctor.  What have you got to lose?
I didn't say that.
This should probably be posted in the DT thread. I hear they're not real strong on facts and pretty much go with whatever Trump says.
  • Like 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

People should go outside to get sunshine but not because it “kills the virus.” It doesn’t kill the virus. It does help build up your own immune system which helps combat it, but of course Trump is too stupid to articulate that. 

Yeah, does he not understand that sun gives us vitamin d which is good for our health. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

On texaggy they’re taking this as that since it’s sunny and hot at football games, cramming into a stadium will be ok. If someone coughs in your immediate vicinity, the sun ain’t killing those viruses that can quickly find their way into your nose and mouth. Idiots everywhere. 

52 minutes ago, SameSame said:

I have sort of a reverse.  My family moved for a short time to the Florida panhandle when I was a kid for Dads work.  

We were a family entrenched on eating Mexican food and fajitas, ..late 80s.

Couldn't find shit and it pissed my dad off to no end.    Chilis was the only one around us that had any sort of fajitas.

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

My family moved to San Antonio from the Midwest when I was a kid. I'll never forget the first time we saw fajitas at Chilis and then ordered some. Upon running out of tortillas, my dad requested "more of those crepe things". Still blows my mind. 

I would like to thank this segment to the great people at The Office and Chilis.

Sometimes you do feel God

anigif_sub-buzz-8019-1540899970-1.gif?do

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SameSame said:

I have sort of a reverse.  My family moved for a short time to the Florida panhandle when I was a kid for Dads work.  

We were a family entrenched on eating Mexican food and fajitas, ..late 80s.

Couldn't find shit and it pissed my dad off to no end.    Chilis was the only one around us that had any sort of fajitas.

Northern Florida is straight up Hicksville, not surprising they’re didnt have much Mexican food 

23 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

On texaggy they’re taking this as that since it’s sunny and hot at football games, cramming into a stadium will be ok. If someone coughs in your immediate vicinity, the sun ain’t killing those viruses that can quickly find their way into your nose and mouth. Idiots everywhere. 

One thing I’ve learned since trump became the president is a lot of people I know who I thought were smart are in fact complete and total dumbasses. 

Oh well. Live and learn. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

One thing I’ve learned since trump became the president is a lot of people I know who I thought were smart are in fact complete and total dumbasses. 

Oh well. Live and learn. 

It has made me proud of my friend choices in life.  I do not know a single trumpkin.  Family is also generally good, but I have long suspected a couple of being not all there, and yep, they have proven me correct.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It has made me proud of my friend choices in life.  I do not know a single trumpkin.  Family is also generally good, but I have long suspected a couple of being not all there, and yep, they have proven me correct.

I envy you. I work in energy and I’m surrounded by trumpers daily. The trumper customers I’m great at faking it, trumper co workers I can tell to shut the fuck up

• Like 2

What he meant is that we are going to be bent over a table, bound and gagged,  and corona is going to be behind us stroking his largely dick before fucking us in the ass.  So, it will be largely behind us.
Don't confuse what he wants with what he meant
  • Like 1

Make fun of texags for it, because they are indeed stupid, but that's absolutely going to be a take parroted in DT and on the football board over the summer.
  • Like 1

“PLEASE DON’T SAY THE QUIET STUFF OUT LOUD!!!!”

Not because it’s racist and dumb and wrong but because OPTICS.

The confederacy was very explicitly about slavery and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete fucking moron, full stop.
  • Like 6