CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Johns Hopkins Daily Update, posting here too as this seems to be more of the science thread now. 

Hide contents
April 23, 2020

NEW ACADEMIC ARTICLES The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) journals published 3 articles pertaining to clinical features of COVID-19. The first article provides a detailed look at the COVID-19 epidemic in New York City. The study includes case series data from patients presenting at 12 different New York City hospitals, spanning the majority of the larger metropolitan area. The median age for patients was 63 years, and 60.3% of patients were male. Common comorbidities included hypertension (56.6%), obesity (41.7%), and diabetes (33.8%). Among the subset with documented outcomes by the end of the study, 14.2% were admitted to an intensive care unit, and 12.2% received mechanical ventilation. In total, 21% of patients with known outcomes died.

Thanks Doc.  Good stuff.   Glad (selfishly) to see that my asthma is not as big a comorbidity as I feared.  I have a great ticker and low BP, so I may beat this think even if I get it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

You with the red hat, don't be discouraged, you go outside and drink the disinfectant, in a world full of people you 

You with the red hat
Don't be discouraged, you go outside
and drink that disinfectant
In a world full of people....
--------------------------------

Surprise! you're dead!!
Ha ha! open your eyes
See the world as it used to be when you used to be in it

when i was little, like 5 or 6 years old, there was a can of paint or something that clearly was not food.  and i was able to read, so i asked my mom why there was a big label on the side that said "do not eat" and she said, something like, "well, there probably wasn't always that warning, but then somebody ate it and got really sick, so they felt like they needed to actually print it on the label so there was no confusion."  i thought this was ridiculous, because i didn't know any stupid people yet.

somebody is going to have to grab a megaphone and tell 42% of america not to drink bleach or inject lysol.  i cannot believe it has come to this.

• Like 2

just when I thought 2020 couldn't get any weirder. the president of these united states suggested maybe injecting disinfectants into your body. I don't know how long I can deal with the stupid. has it always been there and I just happened to be have smart(ish) people around me my whole life?

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Think we need some clarification about the rules around here now:

Is telling another poster to drink bleach still considered a bannable offense? If so, can we just go with inject some disinfectant instead?

Behaving like Trump will likely get you arrested, audited, beat up, sued or all of the above. Don't behave like Trump.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’m very tempted to go to the other thread and suggest injecting disinfectant. But the Bobs probably would get mad. 

@Bama Chick challenged us to go post in there what we posted here. I think I posted something about the dismantling of the pandemic response unit. It got a response only in terms of rep. After a solid dozen hits I think I ended up with a negative 2. 

They don't want to hear it. Facts be damned. 

• Like 1

[mention=332]Bama Chick[/mention] challenged us to go post in there what we posted here. I think I posted something about the dismantling of the pandemic response unit. It got a response only in terms of rep. After a solid dozen hits I think I ended up with a negative 2. 
They don't want to hear it. Facts be damned. 

They're straight up aggy in there. I've resigned to shitposting. Though, to be fair, that's my normal state.

19 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Think we need some clarification about the rules around here now:

Is telling another poster to drink bleach still considered a bannable offense? If so, can we just go with inject some disinfectant instead?

Good luck. 

@immamac did you tell the noob what is required of us to post in here?

Are we  going to get in trouble for wishing that someone that might have a dose of Lysol or bleach? Because that's been enough for a timeout in times past.

I’ve listened several times to that clip of Trump talking about blasting us with subcutaneous UV rays and injecting us with disinfectant and, for the life of me, I still can’t convince myself he’s proposing cures for a disease.

Edited by BrickHorn

I stopped reading the DT thread a week ago but I was curious to see the reaction to Trump’s proposal of eating light and injecting Lysol, so I read the posts from today.

Not a single mention.

That kind of willful ignorance is exactly why I don’t trust the anecdotal evidence about “sane Republicans”.

It’s baffling and infuriating.