CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

By the early 80s the fajita bug had jumped several state borders outside of Texas. It became a thing to have the waiter bring them out to the table popping grease like beef thrown onto the surface of the sun. Had my favorite shirt ruined by a spray of fajita grease. Maybe they still bring them out like that-- my grease-scarred ass doesn't know.

Fajita timeline, believe it or don't:

Reveal hidden contents

Genuine fajitas have developed throughout many decades. Out of Texas, fajitas became commercial sales by Sonny Falcon who operated the first fajita taco concession stand in 1969. Fajita became more popular by becoming an official dish in Mexican restaurants. German-born chef George Weidmann took fajitas to another level, by using more tender sirloin. Throughout the history of fajitas, identity of genuine fajitas became blurry with various fillings such as shrimps, chicken, and vegetables.

Wood, Virginia B. “Fajita history.” The Austin Chronicle. The Austin Chronicle, 4 March 2005. Web. 2 Feb 2016.

I blame chili's for exploding them on the general public 

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

My family moved to San Antonio from the Midwest when I was a kid. I'll never forget the first time we saw fajitas at Chilis and then ordered some. Upon running out of tortillas, my dad requested "more of those crepe things". Still blows my mind. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

My family moved to San Antonio from the Midwest when I was a kid. I'll never forget the first time we saw fajitas at Chilis and then ordered some. Upon running out of tortillas, my dad requested "more of those crepe things". Still blows my mind. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that your dad is a white guy.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

thanks a lot for ruining cheap fajitas for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Nah. Late 1970's there were Fajitas around DC and along the Main Street leaving Fort Bragg. Oh, and in Latin America grilled beef with veggies has been going on for a few years or so, just did not have the name recognition. Get some Lomo Saltado one day. 

18 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The craziest thing about COVID is that it inverted the CR and DT boards. Suddenly, CR is the home of data-driven analysis and DT is full of morons spouting off uninformed bullshit.

Half of that thread is convinced we have herd immunity and they support that view by claiming up to 10% of the US has been infected.  I don’t even know where to begin with such a Russian nesting doll of stupid.

I bet Johnny Sack is posting a lot in the DT thread. Haven’t bothered to check but sounds about right. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's kind of a bullshit headline.  They had a year to deliver the cheap gubmint models.

Now we're buying the expensive commercial ones on a short delivery time.

Better question is, why pay for development and then give them a year to perform in the first place?

Possibly a still better question is why not DPA them, although I am not sure DPA could be applied against Philips inasmuch as they aren't domiciled here.

Moreover, I thought the "businessman" president would eliminate stupidity in gubmint contracting.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I have sort of a reverse.  My family moved for a short time to the Florida panhandle when I was a kid for Dads work.  

We were a family entrenched on eating Mexican food and fajitas, ..late 80s.

Couldn't find shit and it pissed my dad off to no end.    Chilis was the only one around us that had any sort of fajitas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm sure there's no politics in that thread though. 

You should see the morons we have on Orangebloods. It's gotten nearly unreadable (I'm sure many here will say it already was). Here's a post from tonight that's got around 10 likes:

If corona happened 25 years ago none of us would have heard about it and the economy would be blowing and going. What a disaster this reaction has been. SMH

Dropped my subscription to that place years ago. Its like a more intelligent version of Texags now. 

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

What do you have to lose?!?

Absolutely - I'm hopeful that all of the patriots out there anxious to get back to work will take their president's words to heart.

tenor.gif?itemid=16647470

(BTW - love Birx's expression in the background ...)

Just now, UDontKnow said:

It appears we have crossed 50K deaths (https://infection2020.com/) with a solid 7 calendar days to go before the month's end. And they said Fauci and the fake news media were being alarmist.

Havent we averaged over 2,000 deaths a day over the past week? 

im sure opening the states back up will help with these numbers

2 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

It won't harm true believers. Only those harboring doubts about Trump's absolute infallibility will be stricken by the toxic contents. Time to step up and prove your faith, lunatics.

Jim Jones style, eh? Would love to have Copeland, Falwell, Jr., and that old son of a bitch Pat Robertson take the first swig/shot/injection.