CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I have a friend of mine who says he never said that, fake news.  I showed him the video, he says that's not what he meant, fake news.
Conclusion is, I have some Army buddies who are real fucking idiots.

Makes total sense to require a reinterpretation of president stable genius.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Bots are on it big time. Russia Russia Russia. It's sad, but the whole time the GOP is laser focused on one thing: power. Well, okay, two things: power and money but the rest of us are trying to keep an eye on every single thing. The pandemic, the economy, the DoJ, voter suppresssion, Russia tampering, China and tariffs, China and whatever, and on and on. The topic earlier of search cost and inquiry fatigue for keeping up with it all is so spot on. Steve Bannon is laughing the whole time in glee but all the idiots that vote against their personal interests can crow about is Bill Gates and the 89 year old Soros. I guess they figure Soros is going to croak and they will need a new boogeyman and Gates drew the short straw.

Interesting.  Probably true.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

we considered removing the catcher from baseball lineups.  they're ugly, they never hit well, and seemed unnecessary.  but then a few games in, after there was no one to catch the ball from the pitchers, and the umpires kept getting beaned, there was complaining.

pitchers and managers begged us to reinstate them, so we did.  who knew catchers were so popular?

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

At 53 I have never gotten a flu vaccine.  Not because I am opposed to them in any way, but I just have never had the flu bad enough to want one....but I am getting that Carona 19 vac after they get the bugs worked out....also not Republican. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Interesting.  Probably true.

I hope not. I'm not sure I can abide the inevitable introduction of a Conservative Operating System once the Microsoft boycott begins. It'll have a back door for Russians but hey, the red shut and blue layout sure is patriotic!

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

3 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

At 53 I have never gotten a flu vaccine.  Not because I am opposed to them in any way, but I just have never had the flu bad enough to want one....

I'd bet good money that it would only take one serious case of the flu for you to change your opinion.

I mean, I've never flown through the windshield of my car after hitting a guardrail at 60 mph, but I still wear my seatbelt.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

happy two month anniversary to when trump lied that anyone who wanted a test could get a test.  still not true today.

GettyImages_1205520815.0.jpg

It is also the two month anniversary of the urine soaked khaki pants, once again proving that some Presidents can wear tan trousers while others wet them.

• Like 1

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-death-toll-d8ba60a4-316b-4d1e-8595-74970c15fb34.html

President Trump has complained to advisers about the way coronavirus deaths are being calculated, suggesting the real numbers are actually lower — and a number of his senior aides share this view, according to sources with direct knowledge.

What's next: A senior administration official said he expects the president to begin publicly questioning the death toll as it closes in on his predictions for the final death count and damages him politically.

The U.S. death toll has surpassed 71,000, with more than 1.2 million confirmed cases, according to the latest figures.

Trump's engagement could amplify a partisan gulf we saw in this week's Axios-Ipsos Coronavirus Index over believing the death statistics.

There is no evidence the death rate has been exaggerated, and experts believe coronavirus deaths in the U.S. are being undercounted — not overcounted.

Behind the scenes: The official said Trump has vented that the numbers seem inflated and has brought up New York's addition of more than 3,000 unconfirmed but suspected COVID-19 cases to its death toll. 

Some members of the president's team believe the government has created a distorting financial incentive for hospitals to identify coronavirus cases, the official also said.

A second senior official said they shared this concern.

Medicare is giving hospitals a 20% bonus for their treatment of coronavirus patients as a way to help them make up for the money they’re losing because they’ve had to postpone a lot of non-coronavirus care.

Intentionally misdiagnosing patients with coronavirus would be fraud, and so far no one in the administration has publicly leveled such an accusation.

Spoiler

A senior White House official pushed back, saying this of the president's thinking: "Skepticism isn't the right way to frame it. The numbers have been revised up to include presumptive cases — meaning deaths that are believed to be related to COVID but not known for sure."

"So he's expressed the need to properly convey that to American people so they're not startled by why numbers ticked up."

Another senior administration official said this concern about the death count was not confined to Trump and was in fact shared by a number of his senior staff and has been a subject of discussion for weeks.

"With something like this virus, where you've got this weird coagulation in the lungs ... we need more autopsies," the official said. 

"America's out of practice of how to deal with something like this and to report it accurately. ... We don't have uniform reporting standards in the United States or internationally. And we're not getting good data."

The number of people dying over the past few weeks, in many parts of the country, is a lot higher than average, suggesting that the official count of coronavirus-related deaths is still missing tens of thousands of people.

Between the lines: Until mid-April, a person was only identified as having died from the coronavirus if they had tested positive for the coronavirus and then died.

But testing in the U.S. has been inadequate. Many people who have the virus weren’t able to get tested; those patients weren’t recorded as official coronavirus cases, and therefore weren’t counted as coronavirus deaths if they died.

Last month, the Centers for Disease Control said it would include “probable” coronavirus deaths in the official tally — cases in which no formal diagnosis is available, but doctors believe a patient died from COVID-19. 

Some states do not report probable deaths to the CDC, but among those that do, the change did make a difference: Probable cases added roughly 3,700 people to New York’s official death toll.

What they're saying: Experts believe the formal death count is inaccurately low because:

Testing problems persisted for so long and still persist.

Some states don’t count probable deaths.

There are still thousands of “excess deaths” even after accounting for probable coronavirus cases.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavirus-death-toll-d8ba60a4-316b-4d1e-8595-74970c15fb34.html

Reveal hidden contents

A senior White House official pushed back, saying this of the president's thinking: "Skepticism isn't the right way to frame it. The numbers have been revised up to include presumptive cases — meaning deaths that are believed to be related to COVID but not known for sure."

"So he's expressed the need to properly convey that to American people so they're not startled by why numbers ticked up."

Another senior administration official said this concern about the death count was not confined to Trump and was in fact shared by a number of his senior staff and has been a subject of discussion for weeks.

"With something like this virus, where you've got this weird coagulation in the lungs ... we need more autopsies," the official said. 

"America's out of practice of how to deal with something like this and to report it accurately. ... We don't have uniform reporting standards in the United States or internationally. And we're not getting good data."

The number of people dying over the past few weeks, in many parts of the country, is a lot higher than average, suggesting that the official count of coronavirus-related deaths is still missing tens of thousands of people.

Between the lines: Until mid-April, a person was only identified as having died from the coronavirus if they had tested positive for the coronavirus and then died.

But testing in the U.S. has been inadequate. Many people who have the virus weren’t able to get tested; those patients weren’t recorded as official coronavirus cases, and therefore weren’t counted as coronavirus deaths if they died.

Last month, the Centers for Disease Control said it would include “probable” coronavirus deaths in the official tally — cases in which no formal diagnosis is available, but doctors believe a patient died from COVID-19. 

Some states do not report probable deaths to the CDC, but among those that do, the change did make a difference: Probable cases added roughly 3,700 people to New York’s official death toll.

What they're saying: Experts believe the formal death count is inaccurately low because:

There are still thousands of “excess deaths” even after accounting for probable coronavirus cases.

this is his whole game and how he spins all of his bad news.

any information that he gets that hurts him cannot be trusted.  because if it hurts him, then it must be from someone who doesn't like him or want him to win.  therefore, it's coming from a biased source, a never-trumper, whose intentions must be questioned (he grifts so everyone else must grift).  so they'll eventually get rid of all the truth-tellers and scientists, and be left with a bunch of people who lie to him and make shit up.

then he'll be absolutely shocked when he gets obliterated in november.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

The hospitals are not the doctors - I'd love to see how hospitals ask doctors to classify more deaths are COVID.  I mean I'm running a group with several hundred physicians/APP's and I handle the contracts/conversations with hospitals.  It's usually my name on contracts and my ass sitting in the meetings.  Our group has treated many Covid patients and I can't imagine under any circumstance having that type of conversation.  I mean what fucking world do these dipshits live in?  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 8

33 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this is his whole game and how he spins all of his bad news.

any information that he gets that hurts him cannot be trusted.  because if it hurts him, then it must be from someone who doesn't like him or want him to win.  therefore, it's coming from a biased source, a never-trumper, whose intentions must be questioned (he grifts so everyone else must grift).  so they'll eventually get rid of all the truth-tellers and scientists, and be left with a bunch of people who lie to him and make shit up.

then he'll be absolutely shocked when he gets obliterated in november.

My hope is that his cult believes this too and doesn't come out to the polls because they think they have it in the bag.

34 minutes ago, horn4life said:

What will get us there you ask?  Dead, country boy, gun toting, freedom loving, no pussy mask wearing, good old boys who listen and trust President Trump.  ...  Sort of sick knowing that the only hope to save the country right now is the widespread death of good ole boys...

Yeah, well, he's their president, so ...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Nobody has done this, as far as I know, but if you look at the number of patients dying in battle ground states and their demographics...orange fuckstain is losing a disproportionate number of votes.  It would only be fitting if he literally kills his chances to win.  I mean, not as fitting as his fat non-mask wearing ass dying of corona, but I'll take it...

Edit: I know it's disproportionately hitting minorities but the overall numbers dying are still skewed towards old white people...this isn't the tard thread so I hope I don't have to explain this. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

My hope is that his cult believes this too and doesn't come out to the polls because they think they have it in the bag.

I really don’t think this matters. Until we go back to paper ballots with some type of paper trail, electronic voting machines can and will be fucked with by those who can fuck with them.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I really don’t think this matters. Until we go back to paper ballots with some type of paper trail, electronic voting machines can and will be fucked with by those who can fuck with them.  

Without question, but they can only skew the polls so far without being obvious. Of course, with all the obvious criminality that has been ignored so far, maybe you’re right. 

12 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nobody has done this, as far as I know, but if you look at the number of patients dying in battle ground states and their demographics...orange fuckstain is losing a disproportionate number of votes.  It would only be fitting if he literally kills his chances to win.  I mean, not as fitting as his fat non-mask wearing ass dying of corona, but I'll take it...

Edit: I know it's disproportionately hitting minorities but the overall numbers dying are still skewed towards old white people...this isn't the tard thread so I hope I don't have to explain this. 

He’s going to kill many of his voters.  Looking at recent polling, Republicans are mostly oblivious to the threat, which is by design.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

and we haven't even seen the fallout yet from the "early-opening" red states.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Without question, but they can only skew the polls so far without being obvious. Of course, with all the obvious criminality that has been ignored so far, maybe you’re right. 

Have you seen the HBO documentary Kill Chain about electronic voting machines? The voting is being tampered with and it’s obvious, but only a limited number of people have access to analyze the data. Even when it is analyzed, nobody cares. 

One example is in Georgia where a heavily Democratic precinct had about 10 voting machines. All the machines, with the exception of machine 3, had a heavily Democratic majority of votes. Machine 3 was the opposite and had a large Republican majority of votes. The data analysis said it was only a 1 in a million chance that all the Republicans in that precinct happened to vote in Machine 3 by chance. This is obvious tampering. And we can’t do shit about it because we can’t see it.

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Math and science are now “opinions” to the deplorables.

You know this.

More like “opinions of fact,” despite the fact that facts are facts. But that’s just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I mean what fucking world do these dipshits live in?  

it's in the post right above yours:

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

(he grifts so everyone else must grift).

Edited by elfenix

21 hours ago, Irieguy said:

Yes. He’s just asking questions. On a board he thinks is nothing but groupthink. For ... reasons. 

Holy shit, i love the "he's just asking questions" line. I hear it gets a lot of love 

17 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Ooooh, sexist and stupid!

giphy.gif

White women are a disease.

I know what I said.

Edited by workswithseed

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

That’s assuming we’ll ever get past the first wave. 

I’m not even sure we should be calling them waves but more of a series of never ending outbreaks across the country.  

New York is going to have a second wave but it will be delayed b/c they are taking precautions to blunt the damage.  Not everyone is doing that and NYC was our RED ALERT outbreak for this first wave. It will likely not be the indicator for subsequent waves.