CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Bar in Nashville last night.  Western civilization is fucked. 

This infuriates me for very selfish reasons. I’ve been waiting for years for the Black Crows to get back together. They finally did, and they were kicking off their tour in Austin in July. It’s because of a country full of assholes like this that even if the concert happens, it will have to happen without me. I really miss live music. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

This infuriates me for very selfish reasons. I’ve been waiting for years for the Black Crows to get back together. They finally did, and they were kicking off their tour in Austin in July. It’s because of a country full of assholes like this that even if the concert happens, it will have to happen without me. I really miss live music. 

The bar is owned by Kid Rock. Hopefully that fucker gets the Covid.  Here's some video from last night:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

She is using information that is public but takes more digging. Wonder how long the information will remain public now that the article explains how she is doing it....

She is adding out of state deaths for people who traveled to FL.  And adding antibody testing to the official positive tests.

She quit her job over not understanding consistent data is better than trying to maximize the numbers.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, JBJ said:

She is adding out of state deaths for people who traveled to FL.  And adding antibody testing to the official positive tests.

She quit her job over not understanding consistent data is better than trying to maximize the numbers.

Yeah are people still Stanning for this chick?

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Big Black Crowes fan too. The brothers will probably hate each other again next summer and we’ll be fucked. Smdh. 

fwiw Gruene Hall opened up last night. It was Robert Earl Keen but it’s happening.  Pretty sure Luckenbach is also going If you’d like an outside venue. 

Edited by GRHorn

37 minutes ago, JBJ said:

But the tweeters love this shit. 

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Big Black Crowes fan too. The brothers will probably hate each other again next summer and we’ll be fucked. Smdh. 

fwiw Gruene Hall opened up last night. It was Robert Earl Keen but it’s happening.  Pretty sure Luckenbach is also going If you’d like an outside venue. 

Last concert I saw before this was the Robinson Bros at Antone’s. Good times. 

Just now, elfenix said:

brings back memories of logan's. 

Tom Petty was incredible artist. One of the few mega performers that their concerts blew away their recordings. His death was sad. Still rock Tom Petty radio on SXM

• Like 2

Same fucking boat. I was all about that Black Crowes concert. In November I talked myself out of seeing King's X because it was a work night, AND they were coming back in April. Yeah, that April show didn't happen. Lesson learned.

I’m sure y’all have gone over it ad nauseam, but the mask wearing goes down to almost zero in rural/suburban areas. I don’t know the whole picture with Texas as I don’t live there anymore, but my parents in Cypress say like 10% of people wear them in stores. Apparently my brother went to an indoor wedding in aggyland tonight with 2/100 wearing them (both old). Most people there were from East Texas and the Panhandle. I get not wanting to wear a mask at a wedding, but you’d think if it’s refundable to postpone (supposedly it was), then that’d be the best option.

I’m sure y’all have gone over it ad nauseam, but the mask wearing goes down to almost zero in rural/suburban areas. I don’t know the whole picture with Texas as I don’t live there anymore, but my parents in Cypress say like 10% of people wear them in stores. Apparently my brother went to an indoor wedding in aggyland tonight with 2/100 wearing them (both old). Most people there were from East Texas and the Panhandle. I get not wanting to wear a mask at a wedding, but you’d think if it’s refundable to postpone (supposedly it was), then that’d be the best option.

This shits already baked in my summer schedule. My ex is going to wedding in the Conroe area. She will quarantine my kiddo for 14 days after that. Scheduled most of our summer around that. Hopefully it's not an issue but it sounds like a great super spread event waiting to happen. The rednecks down there were already eyerolling and shit taking when I didn't let him go for a memorial day Covid swap party.

Because... of course.
"And The Wall... ah The Wall... haven't talked MUCH about my beautiful Wall LATELY... I'm signing an EXECUTIVE ORDER that THE Wall have a layer of N95 filter. Mexico must be stopped from sending its reject virus into America."

"Mr. President, we need to shift the blame for the increased Covid threat away from you pretending it doesn't exist and encouraging people to actively resist measures that reduce spread. Why don't we blame the protests? Sure the data doesn't support it but our base won't care and they hate the blacks"

"Hmm. Nope. Not dishonest and tacky enough. We need solid gold toilet levels of tacky red meat for our base here"

"Why don't we blame Mexico again"

"That's the ticket!"

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Born to Run said:
13 hours ago, GRHorn said:
Tom Petty was incredible artist. One of the few mega performers that their concerts blew away their recordings. His death was sad. Still rock Tom Petty radio on SXM

Cool. One of your opinions doesn't suck.

My thoughts are with you in what must be a confusing time. 

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

"Mr. President, we need to shift the blame for the increased Covid threat away from you pretending it doesn't exist and encouraging people to actively resist measures that reduce spread. Why don't we blame the protests? Sure the data doesn't support it but our base won't care and they hate the blacks"

"Hmm. Nope. Not dishonest and tacky enough. We need solid gold toilet levels of tacky red meat for our base here"

"Why don't we blame Mexico again"

"That's the ticket!"

there must be a flow-chart somewhere. it’s always mexico. 

15 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Because... of course.

"The increase in hospitalizations is due to elective procedures being allowed, and covid patients from Mexico are obviously the people having those surgeries." - DT thread by about this Wednesday.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He's so transparent. He's obviously mad that we are doing an appropriate amount of testing and some part of him is frustrated that he doesn't have the power just to halt all Covid tests. He feels victimized by Covid testing.

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

We aren't doing an appropriate amount of testing, though.

Sure. But I don't think we're doing that badly relative to the rest of the world. We've caught up a bit. Could be wrong, but last I saw we were pretty high up on the tests-per-capita by country list.

Edited by BradInATX

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Negative perception of the truth is not an even remotely relevant factor in battling a pandemic, much less an “edge” on par with all the benefits of understanding the true scope of the disease. Trump’s narcissistic lens is why this country completely fucking botched our response to COVID. He’s more worried about himself losing prestige than he is about Americans losing their lives. 

• Like 2

A story popped up today that the MMR vaccine may also be effective against Covid.  It was invented in the early 1970's and has been one of the vaccines given to children since then.  It would explain a lot of the weird aspects of who the virus infects.

Edited by kevwun

39 minutes ago, kevwun said:

A story popped up today that the MMR vaccine may also be effective against Covid. 

I don't have the background to judge their claims, but they seem more based on hope and coincidence than hard science.  A little digging into the authors furthers my skepticism.  Very hype-y.

MMR vaccine for Covid?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kevwun said:

A story popped up today that the MMR vaccine may also be effective against Covid.  It was invented in the early 1970's and has been one of the vaccines given to children since then.  It would explain a lot of the weird aspects of who the virus infects.

I saw some discussion on that a month or so ago. It doesn’t make sense to me. If MMR is the key, there would be a stepwise difference in fatality rate between those born before and after 1970. But that’s not what the data shows at all. Instead, there’s a ramp-up that strongly correlated with age even for those born before 1970. 

That shows that age is the main driver, not a secondary difference between two age groups.

• Like 1