CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

You thing failing to have tests one month in to a novel virus is worse than failing to have tests two years in? I’d love to hear that explanation.  

No I think a president actively refusing to get tests out because the numbers would then go up isn’t the same as being caught off guard by this wave.

No one thinks that the admin did a good job testing here but pretending this is the same is just bullshit. But that shouldn’t be a surprise based on the source.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No I think a president actively refusing to get tests out because the numbers would then go up isn’t the same as being caught off guard by this wave.

No one thinks that the admin did a good job testing here but pretending this is the same is just bullshit. But that shouldn’t be a surprise based on the source.

The question is availability of tests. Joe said lack of available tests was a major problem when his predecessor was a month into the pandemic.   Now two years in and he’s responsible for failing to order enough tests.  I guess you disagree.  

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The question is availability of tests. Joe said lack of available tests was a major problem when his predecessor was a month into the pandemic.   Now two years in and he’s responsible for failing to order enough tests.  I guess you disagree.  

The same question you asked 2 or 3 days ago and most of us agreed with?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Where did I say it wasn’t a problem? I said specifically that this admin didn’t do a good job getting tests into hands of citizens.

That’s not the same as saying testing “creates more cases”. One is being caught off guard, which trump I’m sure also was. The other is an active refusal to do the right thing because it might make him look bad. 

You’re just a disingenuous blowhard who’s still carrying water for a fascist regime 

Edited by hobbes2702

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Speaking of which….Trump fans, y’all remember how trump and damn near everyone in his orbit told us flat-out that Covid would “magically disappear” after Biden took office, implying that the entire disease and response was all some Dem ploy? I remember. And y’all have ZERO problem with that absolutely unhinged batshittery, born of pathological lies, utter delusion, or both. So, you’ll forgive me if I don’t look to y’all as paragons of judgment as to honest behavior.

Dude, I have over a dozen otherwise sane friends, family, and coworkers who legitimately believed this. Of course, they're the exact same ones now joining Johnny Sack in yelling at the President, "Why not gone?!"

Without a fucking hint of irony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Dude, I have over a dozen otherwise sane friends, family, and coworkers who legitimately believed this. Of course, they're the exact same ones now joining Johnny Sack in yelling at the President, "Why not gone?!"

Without a fucking hint of irony.

To say Republicans have goldfish brains would be to insult the intelligence of goldfish.

7 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I mean…that was happening anyway. We were averaging over 1000+ deaths a day. The hope is Omnicron crowds out Delta and this is the last hoorah towards being endemic and mostly harmless if you’re vaccinated. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I mean…that was happening anyway. We were averaging over 1000+ deaths a day. The hope is Omnicron crowds out Delta and this is the last hoorah towards being endemic and mostly harmless if you’re vaccinated. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

So the buck doesn’t stop at the President’s desk?

You should have known the buck doesn't stop at the President's desk when Trump said he accepts no responsibility. 

Having said that, slightly more than 90% of the 44.000 deaths in the next four weeks will be among the unvaccinated, so it would appear the buck stops with them, with the death rate in counties that voted for Trump more than twice that of counties that voted for Biden.

Killing their own voting base seems like a losing proposition for Republicans, electorally speaking. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He walks to the front of the church, stands in front of the altar, and takes the hand of each of them, to lead them in prayer out loud, something along the lines of "Heavenly father, we stand before you in prayer, and we offer our thanks for the gifts you've given us: the scientists who have developed the vaccines for this terrible illness, the medical leaders who have administered these life-saving vaccines, and who have provided us thoughtful and caring guidance throughout this pandemic, etc. etc."

A fairly similar litany has been added to our services for quite a long time. I mean, like change 2 or 3 words. Good for him. 

Just a quick reminder

"Liz Hamel, KFF's vice president of public opinion and survey research, told NPR that political affiliation is now the strongest indicator of someone's vaccination status.

"An unvaccinated person is three times as likely to lean Republican as they are to lean Democrat," said Hamel. "If I wanted to guess if somebody was vaccinated or not and I could only know one thing about them, I would probably ask what their party affiliation is."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/584468-people-in-pro-trump-areas-have-ben-nearly-three-times-more-likely-to-die

No wonder Sack is all bent out of shape tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Just a quick reminder

"Liz Hamel, KFF's vice president of public opinion and survey research, told NPR that political affiliation is now the strongest indicator of someone's vaccination status.

"An unvaccinated person is three times as likely to lean Republican as they are to lean Democrat," said Hamel. "If I wanted to guess if somebody was vaccinated or not and I could only know one thing about them, I would probably ask what their party affiliation is."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/584468-people-in-pro-trump-areas-have-ben-nearly-three-times-more-likely-to-die

No wonder Sack is all bent out of shape tonight. 

you mean the party of abject morons is composed of abject morons? whodathunkit?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Why aren't you out there helping them, man? Pick out a handful of your friends/family and see if you can change their minds. They won't listen to us; they might to you since you're not an evil liberal. Someone from that handful may be persuaded and, in turn, try to help another handful. You might actually save a life.

What's that? You don't actually care about any of these idiots dying any more than we do?

Of course not. He cares about how we react to their deaths. He doesn't give a shit about goateed dumbasses from Dumas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Why aren't you out there helping them, man? Pick out a handful of your friends/family and see if you can change their minds. They won't listen to us; they might to you since you're not an evil liberal. Someone from that handful may be persuaded and, in turn, try to help another handful. You might actually save a life.

What's that? You don't actually care about any of these idiots dying any more than we do?

Don’t put your fucking evil on me.  Fucking hypocrites.

• Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Don’t put your fucking evil on me.  Fucking hypocrites.

Nah man, I've tried to talk those close to me out of their stupidity for a full year. I've been banging my head against an immovable wall, but I keep trying. So, seriously, why haven't you?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Our failure to reach herd immunity via vaccinations has cost something like 250k deaths this year. But yeah, it’s us and not the antivaxxers killing people who are the ghouls.

There is no herd immunity.  

break through cases are rampant.  

Stop lying.

• Fuck You 4

7 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

There is no herd immunity.  

break through cases are rampant.  

Stop lying.

Yeah, unfortunately the spike protein appears to be too mutated. My boosted antibody levels, they do (almost) nothing

ShortHorribleBobcat-size_restricted.gif

Edited by B00M
Based on Long center testing data, how close we were to herd immunity based on antibody testing, and how many of our boosted friends are testing positive...