Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Tweet is gone, can someone fill me in? I assume it was a link between horse paste and infertility? If so, that's awesome. 

It said a study shows 85% of men taking the horse paste version of ivermectin end up infertile. It’s pretty damn sad there’s even a need for such a study but here we are. 

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

It said a study shows 85% of men taking the horse paste version of ivermectin end up infertile. It’s pretty damn sad there’s even a need for such a study but here we are. 

Weird that the tweet is gone; are we sure we aren't being catfished. Googled it and maybe it's ethnocentric of me, but the fact that it is a study out of Nigeria raises all sorts of hoax red flags.

That said, while the Right’s obsession with Ivermectin is a scathing indictment of our educational standards, it may have a silver lining. News organizations have latched onto a very sketchy 2011 study out of Nigeria that claims up to 85% of men treated with ivermectin subsequently experience serious fertility issues. 

Edited by DonkeyCigars

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Weird that the tweet is gone; are we sure we aren't being catfished. Googled it and maybe it's ethnocentric of me, but the fact that it is a study out of Nigeria raises all sorts of hoax red flags.

most of the ivermectin clinical data around COVID treatment is either old (like the infertility study) or dubious at best and plagiarized at worst. IMO there's so much disinformation around ivermectin right now that the infertility headline seems like clickbait

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I mean, the anti-vax crowd love to spread the study out of the UK that the vaccine causes miscarriage, and that one has also been disproved. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

85% seems like a lot....and yet not enough.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  I use it all the time.  Hell, my fantasy football name is Fuck Around and Find Out and gritty is my avatar.

I don’t follow hockey so until the election I had never even heard of gritty.  It’s such a prefect mascot for the Philadelphia flyers though whoever came up with it is a damn genius. 

On 9/8/2021 at 2:28 AM, Bookman said:

Remind me again why anyone cares about this guy.

hes hosts a great podcasts with people from business, science, entertainment, athletics, politics, and so on. 

for each show you get hour long discussions with brian greene, matthew walker, michael pollan, matt taibbi, jack dorsey, elon musk, maynard keenan, alex honnold, dave chappelle, john mackey (whole foods), etc.  on politics he's brought on andrew yang and bernie sanders.

his last interview with alex jones was hilarious.  he let alex get drunk and ramble like the mad man he is.  its pure hilarity.

its great entertainment and its free, so i dont see why some people get so worked up over it.  if you listen to the interviewer for a moral compass, or get mad because you think other people might... seems like that your problem.

21 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

hes hosts a great podcasts with people from business, science, entertainment, athletics, politics, and so on. 

for each show you get hour long discussions with brian greene, matthew walker, michael pollan, matt taibbi, jack dorsey, elon musk, maynard keenan, alex honnold, dave chappelle, john mackey (whole foods), etc.  on politics he's brought on andrew yang and bernie sanders.

his last interview with alex jones was hilarious.  he let alex get drunk and ramble like the mad man he is.  its pure hilarity.

its great entertainment and its free, so i dont see why some people get so worked up over it.  if you listen to the interviewer for a moral compass, or get mad because you think other people might... seems like that your problem.

Do you have an Affliction tshirt in your closet?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

It's actually really bad when someone promotes Alex Jones to an audience of millions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Do you also think Fox News is just entertainment?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Do you have an Affliction tshirt in your closet?

Print teeshirts ? Shoot me in the head the day you find one

29 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's actually really bad when someone promotes Alex Jones to an audience of millions.

Dont know his history/arc but ive seen clips/shows of his way back in the day and if anyone is dumb enough to take what he says at face value theyre dumb enough to do worse shit and theres no stopping stupid

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Do you also think Fox News is just entertainment?

Never watch it, couldnt tell ya. Though people should be free to watch whatever they want.  Except the Lifetime channel - that one should be taken off the airs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I saw one of his interviews with a physicist. His approach was to act stupid.

But in all fairness, it was quantum physics.

Edited by Bookman

He believed the moon landing was staged and gives Alex Jones a huge platform. At best he’s Jerry Springer. At worst, his payola is killing people.

Have neighbors unvaccinated and taking ivermectin, not based on a physicians advice, but based on Joe Rogan. 5 years ago these were normalish people.

He’s a walking fallacy.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bookman said:

I saw one of his interviews with a physicist. His approach was to act stupid.

But in all fairness, it was quantum physics.

sometimes he gives too much deference to people (peter schiff - another nutjob).  sometimes he and the guest will butt heads.  sometimes he'll quickly acquiesce, and other times he won't.  that's a lot better than a media host who maintains only 1 schtick purely as a foil or a shill. 

that said, youre not tuning in to listen to rogan himself...

6 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

He believed the moon landing was staged and gives Alex Jones a huge platform. At best he’s Jerry Springer. At worst, his payola is killing people.

Have neighbors unvaccinated and taking ivermectin, not based on a physicians advice, but based on Joe Rogan. 5 years ago these were normalish people.

He’s a walking fallacy.

alex has been on the show 3 times over 10 years and 1800 episodes, and only 1 of those can be found on spotify. 

never heard the moon landing theory, or ivermectin. 

consistently on covid he said over and over (1) he is for (or atleast not against?) vaccination and (2) more emphasis should be placed on being active/outdoors and taking general vitamins.  the only other thing medical thing i hear him repeat is how stem cell replacement worked for his mother. 

none of these are sufficient grounds for a deplatforming or a slam dunking, unless its a just a strawman thing. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Captainant said:

most of the ivermectin clinical data around COVID treatment is either old (like the infertility study) or dubious at best and plagiarized at worst. IMO there's so much disinformation around ivermectin right now that the infertility headline seems like clickbait

Fine, give them a taste of their own horse medicine 

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

sometimes he gives too much deference to people (peter schiff - another nutjob).  sometimes he and the guest will butt heads.  sometimes he'll quickly acquiesce, and other times he won't.  that's a lot better than a media host who maintains only 1 schtick purely as a foil or a shill. 

that said, youre not tuning in to listen to rogan himself...

alex has been on the show 3 times over 10 years and 1800 episodes, and only 1 of those can be found on spotify. 

never heard the moon landing theory, or ivermectin. 

consistently on covid he said over and over (1) he is for (or atleast not against?) vaccination and (2) more emphasis should be placed on being active/outdoors and taking general vitamins.  the only other thing medical thing i hear him repeat is how stem cell replacement worked for his mother. 

none of these are sufficient grounds for a deplatforming or a slam dunking, unless its a just a strawman thing. 

Alex Jones, among other insane shit, said on his radio show repeatedly that the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax and even harassed multiple parents of dead children. But cool of Rohan to let that guy have an audience of millions…

Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Alex Jones, among other insane shit, said on his radio show repeatedly that the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax and even harassed multiple parents of dead children. But cool of Rohan to let that guy have an audience of millions…

Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA

Where was Rohan when the Westfold fell?

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Top 10 Rogan Conspiracies:

https://listverse.com/2021/06/29/top-10-joe-rogan-conspiracies/

TL;DR:  he used to think that the moon landings were faked but no longer does after looking at the evidence objectively.

I like this one for a top 10 conspiracy

Rogan questioned Caitlyn Jenner’s gender dysphoria, instead suggesting that life with the Kardashians caused Caitlyn’s transformation. He said, “maybe if you live with crazy b— long enough, they f— turn you into one. Maybe you go crazy.”

And shit like this, id hope peoples reaction is to laugh rather than get mad:

Jones is most known for claiming that the government is “putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin’ frogs gay.”

Top 10 Rogan Conspiracies:

https://listverse.com/2021/06/29/top-10-joe-rogan-conspiracies/

TL;DR:  he used to think that the moon landings were faked but no longer does after looking at the evidence objectively.

Yeah, his final opinion was that the landing was real but the film was faked. The reason being is that film at that time couldn’t survive the radiation level outside the atmosphere since it is much higher than X-ray machines. Also, light sources from obvious stage lighting, etc. The faking of the film is what gave rise to the conspiracy of the entire landing being fake.

53 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I like this one for a top 10 conspiracy

And shit like this, id hope peoples reaction is to laugh rather than get mad:

Is this a fucking bit? How can you be on the internet in 2021, and aware of who Alex Jones is, and not know about his Sandy Hook bullshit?

• Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Is this a fucking bit? How can you be on the internet in 2021, and aware of who Alex Jones is, and not know about his Sandy Hook bullshit?

It's selective. It's easier for Rogan and tribal arm band bros to pretend that Jones is just a funny, goofy guy with crazy views, rather than a malicious cunt who deployed his audience to harass the parents of dead children. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I really can’t believe there are people out there that hate Rogan, what a bizarre waste of energy. He’s a UFC meathead that gets high and has weird conversations on camera. 

you're right. we should just ignore his role in prolonging a pandemic because he's just an entertainer. 🙄

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I really can’t believe there are people out there that listen to and base their medical decisions on Rogan, what a bizarre waste of energy. He’s a UFC meathead that gets high and has weird conversations on camera. 

fify.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I really don't give a shit what he says.  I've enjoyed some episodes with certain guests, like Paul Stamets and a few others.  My biggest grievance is that he became somewhat of a gatekeeper with comics in the LA scene with his massive podcast.  He used that platform to foist some absolute dogshit comedians into the mainstream.  Brendan Schaub.  Seriously, that dude fucking sucks.  These were guys Joe thought were really funny, probably because his stand up is so bad.  He's a stool fucker.

• Haha 1

The guy has 6000+ hrs of recorded conversation. Thats nonstop talking for 250 day.

And the 6th most controversial/conspiratorial thing lobbed at him (according to above list) is that he, a practicing stand up comedian, made a joke and a fringe internet group ran with it out of context:

QAnon… stumbled across an old clip from Rogan’s podcast in which he and comedian Whitney Cummings joked about using baby blood as a facial treatment to stay young. The pair’s exchange is clearly all in jest, but QAnon…and Q followers began spreading unfounded claims that Rogan is a baby-killer and uses their skin to keep his own looking young.

If this is the ammo people got on him, you wonder what you can get from their mere 24 hours of convo….

• Hook 'Em 1

The guy has 6000+ hrs of recorded conversation. Thats nonstop talking for 250 day.

And the 6th most controversial/conspiratorial thing lobbed at him (according to above list) is that he, a practicing stand up comedian, made a joke and a fringe internet group ran with it out of context:

QAnon… stumbled across an old clip from Rogan’s podcast in which he and comedian Whitney Cummings joked about using baby blood as a facial treatment to stay young. The pair’s exchange is clearly all in jest, but QAnon…and Q followers began spreading unfounded claims that Rogan is a baby-killer and uses their skin to keep his own looking young.

If this is the ammo people got on him, you wonder what you can get from their mere 24 hours of convo….

Then maybe real-life people should stop taking his medical and epidemiological advice. He’s a major alt-news, alt-wellness influencer who believed the moon landings were staged and is quoted as saying “Alex Jones has been right about so many things.” And people are sucking it up, not because they think he’s funny, but because he’s confident and casts doubt on eggheads with PhDs and soft target celebs.

The problem with meathead bro is that when 200 million listen to your podcast. It’s fine to get high and talk about moose hunting or rockets, but when it comes to medical advice, you can’t just get high and ask questions. There are real answers to the questions being asked, easy answers proven by rigorous scientific trial and research, and by interviewing crazy conspiracy theorists (Alex Jones) or promoting ivermectin, it is at best irresponsible, and more than likely has led to more lives lost. You can’t just use the “it’s not my fault these stupid people listen to me” excuse when it comes to people’s lives. “I told people to jump off a cliff and they did. It’s not my fault they did,” won’t hold up in court. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1