Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

On 1/1/2022 at 8:13 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Foleys appearance on rogan, in rogan’s early days of podcasting, should scare any successful guy away from marriage.

Guy got a divorce during the heydays of newsradio when he was making the crazy lead actor money on a network sitcom. Canadian jurisdiction on the divorce. He was ordered to pay large amounts of monthly support. Then the show was cancelled and the income dropped dramatically. Went back to court to lower the divorce/child support to a manageable level. Foley claims that the judge said that his ability to pay had no relation to what he was going to pay. Then more than 100% of his income went to his ex wife and children.

pussy is never free

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck those Dr’s. I’m tired of anyone who asks questions or wants to have an open conversation being silenced. If they want to criticize his comments, do so with your own argument not some bullshit letter. I hope Spotify tells them to get fucked and I’m sure they will. 

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, 3adays said:

Fuck those Dr’s. I’m tired of anyone who asks questions or wants to have an open conversation being silenced. If they want to criticize his comments, do so with your own argument not some bullshit letter. I hope Spotify tells them to get fucked and I’m sure they will. 

Hesitant to even post in here but I listen to his stuff sometimes. On one recently he was talking about how Spotify is a Swedish based company unlike the YT, fb, twitters of the world and as such they basically don't give a fuck about censoring anything. I haven't listened to the Malone or other Dr. interview but they are both still up and unless Joe wants to pull them they will remain up. 

2 hours ago, 3adays said:

Who has been silenced? Name names. 

2 hours ago, 3adays said:

He just asking questions!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 3adays said:

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

How much weed would you say you smoke in a given day?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m tired of anyone who asks questions or wants to have an open conversation being silenced.

They aren't being silenced.  Over a hundred times a day you'll see people saying these things into microphones on their huge podcast, on their nationally syndicated radio program, in congressional hearings and on national television.  Being challenged or hearing opposing arguments isn't being silenced.  They just simply don't like dissent.    

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, 3adays said:

An aversion to such demands is very normal, it’s the adult version of “I’m telling mom on you.”

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

meanwhile, rogan’s fans all wondering why covid is still a problem. 

Nah. Covids not a big deal. They're wondering why everyone keeps freaking out and talking about vaccines and masks. Democrats screwing up capitalism and freedom is the obvious problem, sir. 

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Look I don't have the time to list all the chiropractors, realtors in Frisco, and guys at the end of the bar.

Let's be honest, there are a lot of home-flipping alcoholic chiropractors in Frisco.  Some of these people are getting counted two or three times.

7 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

And there's a perfectly good reason for that:

They cannot defend their positions on the merits. If they could do that, oh they definitely would do that. If Rogan didn't have anything to hide, and if he were an actual man, he would invite one of those doctors on his show for a two way conversation with a single standard. But Rogan doesn't do that, largely because when it comes to topics like this one, he's only interested in one-way conversation with double standards, and it's precisely because he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. It's an eminently ignorable con.

Peter Hotez was a guest on Rogan's podcast in 2019 to debunk a lot of anti-vaccine shit and again in April 2020 to discuss the dangers of covid. It's telling that, despite his efforts to appear on Rogan's podcast again, Rogan hasn't had him on.

• Hook 'Em 3

I kind of don't know what Rogan is.  Probably because I don't care to research his background.  I know he's a failed stand-up comedian; that's where he got his start as a famous person.  He did the Fear Factor show.  Then he served as emcee or host or whatever for the UFC.  He has a podcast/YouTube show and he gets into all kinds of political and intellectual topics. Is that it?  Is there more to him that I don't know about? I've watched a fair number of his interviews with other celebrities and I've thought some of those were pretty good.  I have not found it difficult to skip the political or overly dense topics because...Joe Rogan has no business discussing those topics.  He's unqualified and fairly ignorant. He's got no education, background or experience in those areas.  Why would I care one whit what he has to say?  He's just a guy with an opinion.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I kind of don't know what Rogan is.  Probably because I don't care to research his background.  I know he's a failed stand-up comedian; that's where he got his start as a famous person.  He did the Fear Factor show.  Then he served as emcee or host or whatever for the UFC.  He has a podcast/YouTube show and he gets into all kinds of political and intellectual topics. Is that it?  Is there more to him that I don't know about? I've watched a fair number of his interviews with other celebrities and I've thought some of those were pretty good.  I have not found it difficult to skip the political or overly dense topics because...Joe Rogan has no business discussing those topics.  He's unqualified and fairly ignorant. He's got no education, background or experience in those areas.  Why would I care one whit what he has to say?  He's just a guy with an opinion.

Pretty much sums it up.

Just now, Ojo Rojo said:

Because many more people get their information from his podcast than from better sources. Over 10 million people listen to each episode. For comparison, "only" around 3.5 million watch Tucker Carlson each night. Many fewer than that actually read the fucking news. Rogan's podcast has an enormous impact on what sorts of things many Americans believe and because of this, his frequent pimping of vaccine and covid disinformation is responsible for mass death. In a society that wasn't completely broken, he'd be hanged.

4 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

The same could be said of trump. He's just a failed and bankrupted real estate developer. Why should anyone care one whit what he has to say? He's just a guy with an opinion

But nevertheless, he led an overt insurrection and attack against our democracy. And continues to dictate policy for the republican party.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Because many more people get their information from his podcast than from better sources. Over 10 million people listen to each episode. For comparison, "only" around 3.5 million watch Tucker Carlson each night. Many fewer than that actually read the fucking news. Rogan's podcast has an enormous impact on what sorts of things many Americans believe and because of this, his frequent pimping of vaccine and covid disinformation is responsible for mass death. In a society that wasn't completely broken, he'd be hanged.

Oh, yeah, that. The fact that so many people get their information from him and his show is what makes him relevant. Totally backassward. I do that - I tend to discount and ignore the stupid and ridiculous. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

And there's a perfectly good reason for that:

They cannot defend their positions on the merits. If they could do that, oh they definitely would do that. If Rogan didn't have anything to hide, and if he were an actual man, he would invite one of those doctors on his show for a two way conversation with a single standard. But Rogan doesn't do that, largely because when it comes to topics like this one, he's only interested in one-way conversation with double standards, and it's precisely because he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. It's an eminently ignorable con.

He had as guests on back-to-back shows:  John Malone MD, the virologist deemed a "vaccine skeptic"; and John Abramson MD, the Harvard Med lecturer who considers the covid vaccine the most important/significant medicine in a long time.

But sure, he doesn't invite anyone you don't like.

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

He had as guests on back-to-back shows:  John Malone MD, the virologist deemed a "vaccine skeptic"; and John Abramson MD, the Harvard Med lecturer who considers the covid vaccine the most important/significant medicine in a long time.

did he recant his Ivermectin bullshit or nah? until he stops peddling quack medicine then he needs to continue to be called out

25 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

There’s a lot to rag on Rogan about, but failed comedian isn’t one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I have two "friends" who are exactly as you describe.  I was hanging out with one yesterday who literally flipped past the local news and said he didn't need to be informed.  Hardcore Rogan listener.  Stoner Bernie Bro.

9 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

There’s a lot to rag on Rogan about, but failed comedian isn’t one of them. 

I don't know about 'failed' but he was never funny to me.  Didn't he get into it with Carlos Mencia?  The thing there is I never found either of those dudes funny. 

I first recall hearing about him outside of "Talk Radio" when he was into the moon landing was fake shit.  He was one of the reasons  I couldn't really get into UFC..I find his voice just grating.  His hollering, his descriptions.  Just bleh.  I'm in a minority there I'm sure.  

And I gave one or two episodes of his podcast a listen and I just found him boring.   I don't get his appeal, but then again there's  much in popular media I don't get anymore.

But yeah, if he's getting that many listeners, Spotify is going to tell everyone else to suck it.  Capitalism. 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
typeeing is haarder

18 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Love to balance out a dozen liars pimping disinformation with one guy telling the truth.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 hours ago, 3adays said:

All relevant answers have been made available, and there is plenty of open conversation going on about the virus and vaccines. Promoting outright disproven lies not an "open conversation" it is dishonest propaganda. It's one thing to ask questions as part of an honest and open conversation, but when the answers are given by consensus from doctors and epidemiologists and you simply don't agree, that's not open honest conversation, it promoting lies. There is plenty of open conversation going on right now about omicron and how it is different than prior variants. Masks in particular are being discussed with the consensus appearing to be that N95's are needed. It's one thing to have that debate, but people out there saying that masks are useless, they aren't conversing, they are lying. That is what is making doctors crazy. Joe Rogan doesn't know more about medicine that these doctors. Neither do listeners who do their "research" on youtube or whatever the latest right-wing social media grift is named.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Love to balance out a dozen liars pimping disinformation with one guy telling the truth.

it's the fox news model. get one limp dick "liberal" that they can slap around for half an hour but still claim to be fair and balanced. see? we showed the other side. only we chose the weakest and most extreme caricature from the other side because in reality we're weak and stupid and can't argue in good faith. Rogan lifted that model for his own use.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

All relevant answers have been made available, and there is plenty of open conversation going on about the virus and vaccines. Promoting outright disproven lies not an "open conversation" it is dishonest propaganda. It's one thing to ask questions as part of an honest and open conversation, but when the answers are given by consensus from doctors and epidemiologists and you simply don't agree, that's not open honest conversation, it promoting lies. There is plenty of open conversation and ongoing questions, like how effective masks are with new variants. It seems to have concluded that N95 is needed for omicrom. If the conversation you want to hear is that masks don't work, then you are not having a conversation, you are lying. That is what is making doctors crazy. Joe Rogan doesn't know more about medicine that these doctors. 

If you let a doctor go on for 60/90/120 minutes about vaccines, masks, distancing, treatments, preventive care et al and the person that gave the doctor the mic says “well I just disagree with all that,” then the doctor just had the entire balance of his time wasted. And by whom? Some dipshit that wants to promote crazy ideas because…things? Yeah, ok that might be one person’s idea of a “just asking questions.” But it’s “just asking questions” in as much as ivermectin is a valid treatment for Covid-19.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I don't know about 'failed' but he was never funny to me.  Didn't he get into it with Carlos Mencia?  The thing there is I never found either of those dudes funny. 

I first recall hearing about him outside of "Talk Radio" when he was into the moon landing was fake shit.  He was one of the reasons  I couldn't really get into UFC..I find his voice just grating.  His hollering, his descriptions.  Just bleh.  I'm in a minority there I'm sure.  

And I gave one or two episodes of his podcast a listen and I just found him boring.   I don't get his appeal, but then again there's  much in popular media I don't get anymore.

But yeah, if he's getting that many listeners, Spotify is going to tell everyone else to suck it.  Capitalism. 

The truth is that I’m not sure that I’ve made it through one of his comedy specials. I give him the benefit of the doubt when a new one comes out, but my eyes glaze over. Still, he manages to sell out tours and have Netflix specials. 

I definitely took Rogan’s side when he destroyed Mencia’s career. Mencia would watch a lesser known comic’s routine with a paper and pen, taking what he liked. Then he would take their spot at the Comedy Store and use their material right in front of them before they could get on stage. He was an evil son of a bitch. 

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

That's the thing: noone has to care what he says.  He didn't seek out to build a podcast empire, he started shooting the shit with comedians and fighters and it organically grew.  His podcast has a large audience because people were drawn to the interviews and interview style -- the same reason you enjoyed his episodes. 

I've listened to a total of maybe 30 episodes out of his catalog of almost 2000, so far from me to be considered a historian or fan, but it's clear to me all the people hating on it have listened to nearly 0.  Lots of people criticizing something they don't or don't even try to understand.

30 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

did he recant his Ivermectin bullshit or nah? until he stops peddling quack medicine then he needs to continue to be called out

AFAIK he never endorsed or promoted ivermectin.  His position is there should be more public emphasis on maintaining overall fitness vs full shutdown, and he shared a cocktail of what he was taking - one of was ivermectin - and taking umbrage of the fact that that was singled out and typecast pejoratively as 'horse dewormer'.  He broadcasts that every guest to his studio has to be tested before they enter.

So yeah, anybody who listens to that and is stupid enough to be swayed to take and exclusively take Ivermectin, that's on them, that's not on the podcast.

31 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I get it, he’s a meathead. But failed? Jesus, two seconds of googling would tell you that’s a ridiculous statement. 

Agree. People are calling him a failed comedian for the same reason Fox News viewers call Bill Maher a failed comedian. Neither are failed comedians but both strike a political nerve that pisses people off. He also had a big impact on the UFC as someone that had both "on air" skills combined with really good technical knowledge of the sport when it was in its infancy.

It is reasonable to criticize his opinions and even the format of his podcast but trying to diminish his accomplishments is weak.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

AFAIK he never endorsed or promoted ivermectin.  His position is there should be more public emphasis on maintaining overall fitness vs full shutdown, and he shared a cocktail of what he was taking - one of was ivermectin - and taking umbrage of the fact that that was singled out and typecast pejoratively as 'horse dewormer'.  He broadcasts that every guest to his studio has to be tested before they enter.

So yeah, anybody who listens to that and is stupid enough to be swayed to take and exclusively take Ivermectin, that's on them, that's not on the podcast.

well, now you know. he got covid and literally told his audience he was taking fucking ivermectin. 
https://news.yahoo.com/6-times-joe-rogan-promoted-151010808.html