Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

6 minutes ago, YChang said:

And what's the behavior/rationale of people coming into ER sick from taking Ivermectin? Cause the messaging they're receiving doesn't seem like they're using it to address parasites as it's been prescribed in the past. 

maybe calling a human drug prescribed by a doctor “horse paste” had some poor consequences 

Or are you referring to the fake article now retracted by Rolling Stone?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/gunshot-victims-horse-dewormer-ivermectin-oklahoma-hospitals-covid-1220608/

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

maybe calling a human drug prescribed by a doctor “horse paste” had some poor consequences 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/gunshot-victims-horse-dewormer-ivermectin-oklahoma-hospitals-covid-1220608/

Sure... but why do you call it a fake article? Rollingstone provided an update. There's misinformation and then there's... disinformation. There's a big difference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The article hasn't been retracted. It's still right where it always was.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

7 minutes ago, YChang said:

Sure... but why do you call it a fake article? Rollingstone provided an update. There's misinformation and then there's... disinformation. There's a big difference. 

What information in the article was factually correct?  The entire focus of the article was based on a lie. 

What is more dangerous?  Saying Joe took a medication prescribed by his doctor that is unapproved for use against Covid, or Joe took horse paste from Tractor Supply.

Which do you think has the more potential for harm?

On 9/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, Brisketexan said:

I HATE to throw them a bone.....but it's not COMPLETELY without basis.  In short, there was a "study" that showed that ivermectin, in vitro (that is, in a petri dish) inhibited viral growth.  Of course, there are numerous substances that would have the same effect: bleach, gasoline, alcohol, etc.  The question that follows is "is there a dose that could be safely given in vivo (that is, to an actual human) that would also inhibit viral growth?  We already know the answer on bleach, gasoline, etc. -- nope.  But on ivermectin, there is at least a "maybe" out there.

Of course, there are actual studies looking at just that question.  We'll see what they say.  I'd love it if they said "yeah, a decent dose, given early in an infection, can keep an additional 10% of people out of the hospital."  And I don't see anything WRONG with a doc trying a round of it on patients, right now -- thrown the kitchen sink, safely, at this.  The problem isn't ivermectin.  The problem is ivermectin being treated as a magic bullet, miracle cure, INSTEAD of and to the purposeful exclusion of vaccinations.

cells.png

Granted study away. The flaw in this argument is there is a vaccine that works so fucking well these studies aren't really needed. 

Edited by MoJames
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What information in the article was factually correct?  The entire focus of the article was based on a lie. 
What is more dangerous?  Saying Joe took a medication prescribed by his doctor that is unapproved for use against Covid, or Joe took horse paste from Tractor Supply.
Which do you think has the more potential for harm?

Of course the 2nd example you provided is more dangerous. However, at the same time... personally, good! I hope that turns people off from wanting to use an unproven drug. 😄

Back to the article there was inaccurate reporting of the quoted doctor's experience—hence the very important update to correct the misinformation. The rest of the article to me just describes why taking non-human dosage portions poses a problem and how it's an unproven treatment. Once you move past the doctor's claim about ER being backed up, I didn't see some devious intent to purposely mislead in the rest of the article.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Curious. Do you believe he took horse meds or the human version the CDC has been recommending for “Immigrant, Refugee, and migrant health”

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/guidelines/overseas-guidelines.html

Summary of Recommendations

This guidance is intended for the International Organization for Migration (IOM) physicians and other panel physicians who administer overseas predeparture presumptive treatment for intestinal parasites, but may also be referenced by U.S. medical providers caring for refugees who will be receiving presumptive treatment after they arrive in the United States.

While these recommendations have been implemented in many overseas sites, logistical and procurement issues still limit their full implementation in some. All Middle Eastern, Asian, North African, Latin American, and Caribbean refugees should receive presumptive therapy with:

• All Middle Eastern, Asian, North African, Latin American, and Caribbean refugees should receive presumptive therapy with:
    • Albendazole, single dose of 400 mg (200 mg for children 12-23 months)
      AND
    • Ivermectin, two doses 200 mcg/Kg orally once a day for 2 days before departure to the United States. 

Why would Joe Rogan take a drug for intestinal parasites? 

15 minutes ago, YChang said:

Of course the 2nd example you provided is more dangerous. However, at the same time... personally, good! I hope that turns people off from wanting to use an unproven drug. 😄

Back to the article there was inaccurate reporting of the quoted doctor's experience—hence the very important update to correct the misinformation. The rest of the article to me just describes why taking non-human dosage portions poses a problem and how it's an unproven treatment. Once you move past the doctor's claim about ER being backed up, I didn't see some devious intent to purposely mislead in the rest of the article.

You mean like the people in Oklahoma wearing winter coats at the beginning of September type of misleading?

Spoiler

If it smells like bullshit yada yada yada

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

If people want to waste their money obtaining a prescription from a doctor for a proven safe medication at a proven safe dose, like ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, they can knock themselves out.  Won’t hurt ‘em.  Might even help a little if there’s truth to the efficacy claims. 
but let’s not pretend that there’s not a statistically significant portion of people choosing to buy the ivermectin packaged for horses, dosing themselves either by the per pound guideline meant for horses, or by whatever dosing guideline they find on social media or make up on their own. 

I haven’t pulled up a list of ingredients in that stuff, the oral paste or the injectible, but would it be surprising to find some excipients and/or animal grade products in there to aid in consumption that might not play well when ingested by humans at the amounts present?

He is the cult leader to the “do your own research, bro” crowd of idiots. The cross-fit, meat hunter, weed smoking, whiskey drinking, bullet coffee, keto diet, conspiracy believing, macho man, bro code, barstool sports reading, plastic tits, American flag waving, big tires douche crew 
And there’s a lot of them 

I mean…:I like three of those things. I PREFER natural breasts, but I don’t dislike the plastic ones.
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

He is the cult leader to the “do your own research, bro” crowd of idiots. The cross-fit, meat hunter, weed smoking, whiskey drinking, bullet coffee, keto diet, conspiracy believing, macho man, bro code, barstool sports reading, plastic tits, American flag waving, big tires douche crew 

This really nails it. There’s a lot of different types that listen to him, but the Venn diagram of these traits involves a lot of overlaps. My BIL is the  cross fit, meat hunter guy and my other buddy is the weed smoking, conspiracy theory guy who is always just asking questions. 

They both kinda suck. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This really nails it. There’s a lot of different types that listen to him, but the Venn diagram of these traits involves a lot of overlaps. My BIL is the  cross fit, meat hunter guy and my other buddy is the weed smoking, conspiracy theory guy who is always just asking questions. 

They both kinda suck. 

Haha, meat hunting instead of just saying hunting.

Shit what I'd I'm down with like 3 of those and can get down with fake tits even and don't judge even I do not prefer them?

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
53 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Shit what I'd I'm down with like 3 of those and can get down with fake tits even and don't judge even I do not prefer them?

Drinking on a Tuesday I see. 

12 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
57 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

drunk easy a GIF

35 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Haha, meat hunting instead of just saying hunting.

There is a huge difference. A hunter will just talk about hunting and shoot the shit. A meat hunter will explain to you why they must hunt for meat. It's not really different than the vegan that must tell you why they are a vegan.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, F250 said:

There is a huge difference. A hunter will just talk about hunting and shoot the shit. A meat hunter will explain to you why they must hunt for meat. It's not really different than the vegan that must tell you why they are a vegan.

I've heard of trophy hunter, but never just a straight up meat hunter.

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

Let’s not pretend that hunters don’t pose for pictures with the animals they kill and plaster them all over social media. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s not pretend that hunters don’t pose for pictures with the animals they kill and plaster them all over social media. 

It's a totally different category.

The people being referenced are the dorks that carry a loaded duffle bag over their shoulder while going for a walk to mimic the movement’s of a hunter gatherer lifestyle. Essentially it is an alternative lifestyle that they are living and they preach about it.

The average hunter doesn't give a fuck about talking about the hunting lifestyle. The conversations are usually centered around beer, boobs and sports.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I've been in SF/Bay Area for work recently and ran into a new flavor and topic that really should have it's own thread, with the zaniness: The Bio-hacker Bro.

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

Remind me again why anyone cares about this guy.

Because he's fun to point and laugh at.  It's that simple.  And he eats it up because he gets attention and clicks.  

I don't give a fuck if he sucked horse paste out of Seattle Slew's chili ring or was prescribed the version for humans off-label by his doctor.  I wouldn't be surprised if he lied about all of it, tbh.

Rogan is a 'give me all your clicks' attention whore.  If people want his influence to wane, they should stop posting about him on Twatter and Fuckbook.  He's morphng into a tamer version of Charlie Sheen, but at least that guy was entertaining for five minutes because of his wacky behavior and all the hoo-ores.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Wait. You got a problem with whiskey and fake tits? Let’s fight bro!

There’s nothing wrong with most of those things. It’s the sum of all of them. It’s just a snapshot. It’s just another iteration of machismo intelligence. They’re just asking questions, and ignoring the answers that are widely available. They are people who use the word “beta”.  They romanticize hunting and living off the land yet use a deer feeder to hunt. It’s all cosplay.

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

There’s nothing wrong with most of those things. It’s the sum of all of them. It’s just a snapshot. It’s just another iteration of machismo intelligence. 

Nothing wrong with most indeed, but it breeds a special kind of man that took up this Joe Rogan bit in their 20s to make up for a lack of any otherwise discernible personality traits. Now they're in their late 20s-mid 30s pretending to live the life Joe Rogan lives because it makes them feel cool and more importantly makes them believe they are smart. They should've been way beyond that developmental stage, but they couldn't help themselves, they didn't get the cool or smart before this.

13 hours ago, Bookman said:

Remind me again why anyone cares about this guy.

The Office Reaction GIF

Sure he can interview some interesting people, but Rogan was an "Apollo moon landings were faked" motherfucker for a while, and then tried to pretend he was "just asking questions"

Stupid motherfuckers who think the moon landing was faked really piss me off, because they have no understanding of the Cold War and the fact that A) the Soviets would have known that we faked it B) if we faked it, the Soviets would have blasted that shit all over the world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Office Reaction GIF

Sure he can interview some interesting people, but Rogan was an "Apollo moon landings were faked" motherfucker for a while, and then tried to pretend he was "just asking questions"

Stupid motherfuckers who think the moon landing was faked really piss me off, because they have no understanding of the Cold War and the fact that A) the Soviets would have known that we faked it B) if we faked it, the Soviets would have blasted that shit all over the world.

This shit right here.  I could be mistaken, but I would think there would have been telescopes all over the place aimed at the moon during that period, and if they truly weren't there, someone would have pointed it out.  

But logic no longer counts.  Give them a compass and point them west and tell them to keep walking until they get to the edge of the earth.  

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Nothing wrong with most indeed, but it breeds a special kind of man that took up this Joe Rogan bit in their 20s to make up for a lack of any otherwise discernible personality traits. Now they're in their late 20s-mid 30s pretending to live the life Joe Rogan lives because it makes them feel cool and more importantly makes them believe they are smart. They should've been way beyond that developmental stage, but they couldn't help themselves, they didn't get the cool or smart before this.

These are the same people that treat the Fight Club novel as a guide to life.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Looks like he's thinking of sueing CNN.

https://www.westernjournal.com/joe-rogan-threatens-sue-cnn-attacking-ivermectin-making-s/

Podcast host Joe Rogan said Tuesday that CNN might deserve a slap upside the pocketbook from a lawsuit in light of its coverage of his bout with COVID-19.

Welp, add defamation to the list of things Rogan doesn't understand.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

This shit right here.  I could be mistaken, but I would think there would have been telescopes all over the place aimed at the moon during that period, and if they truly weren't there, someone would have pointed it out.  

Duh.  We landed on the other side.

#fake_earthrise

The Famous Apollo 11 Earthrise | Sky Image Lab

On 9/7/2021 at 10:52 PM, F250 said:

The average hunter doesn't give a fuck about talking about the hunting lifestyle. The conversations are usually centered around beer, boobs and sports.

Can confirm.

Also, "LOOK AT ME I AM A HUNTER!" gear is expensive and I've got bourbon to buy.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:54 AM, atomheartbevo said:

The Office Reaction GIF

A scary thing to consider: if the moon landing happened today, Russia could spin up a disinformation PR campaign via our online interconnectedness and insanity, and absolutely convince a not insignificant population that the moon landing was a fake conspiracy and it never happened. Or that the astronauts were infected with a Moon virus to turn them into whatever creature Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton really are under their humanoid skin suits.

The Aristocrats! Internet!

image.png.6df2a52ee120ee6b129ce8f2df155df6.png

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1