Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The problem with meathead bro is that when 200 million listen to your podcast. It’s fine to get high and talk about moose hunting or rockets, but when it comes to medical advice, you can’t just get high and ask questions. There are real answers to the questions being asked, easy answers proven by rigorous scientific trial and research, and by interviewing crazy conspiracy theorists (Alex Jones) or promoting ivermectin, it is at best irresponsible, and more than likely has led to more lives lost. You can’t just use the “it’s not my fault these stupid people listen to me” excuse when it comes to people’s lives. “I told people to jump off a cliff and they did. It’s not my fault they did,” won’t hold up in court. 

Furthermore, he's out there saying Alex Jones is getting a lot of stuff right.  

It'd be one thing if he had Jones come on the show, and then shoot down his stupid shit.

If Jones were a stock market scammer out to rip people off, and Rogan was cheering him on, there'd be a lot fewer people defending Rogan.

There would be nothing wrong if he was inviting people from both sides of an argument on to make their case, and it would be interesting.  But he's inviting fucking idiots on and agreeing with them/giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Furthermore, he's out there saying Alex Jones is getting a lot of stuff right.  

It'd be one thing if he had Jones come on the show, and then shoot down his stupid shit.

If Jones were a stock market scammer out to rip people off, and Rogan was cheering him on, there'd be a lot fewer people defending Rogan.

There would be nothing wrong if he was inviting people from both sides of an argument on to make their case, and it would be interesting.  But he's inviting fucking idiots on and agreeing with them/giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Exactly, it’s one thing to give them a platform, it’s another thing not to challenge them when known lies and falsities are expressed. He’s not smart enough, and does not have the research team behind him to be prepared for interviews to challenge the loonies he wants to interview. He interviewed Gavin McInnes, proud boy founder, who advocates for violence, racism and more, and when doesn’t challenge him on his abhorrent views, it’s basically an endorsement. 

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Exactly, it’s one thing to give them a platform, it’s another thing not to challenge them when known lies and falsities are expressed. He’s not smart enough, and does not have the research team behind him to be prepared for interviews to challenge the loonies he wants to interview. He interviewed Gavin McInnes, proud boy founder, who advocates for violence, racism and more, and when doesn’t challenge him on his abhorrent views, it’s basically an endorsement. 

He's smart enough to know some of these idiots are full of shit/racist/etc.

I think he's just a starfucker of sorts - he just wants to be their friend/have them hang around, just get along with them.  

Plus, if he challenged some of them like Jones, they'd quickly storm off the set.  Let them run their mouths, no matter how stupid, and they'll stay there for an hour or longer.

22 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/howard-stern-joe-rogan-covid-vaccine-horse-dewormer-192053902.html

Ole stern taking shots at rogan and anti-vaxxers. He’s right tho.

Dangerous misinformation. Idiots will go to Tractor Supply because he is perpetuating  the lie that Rogan took horse paste/meds as opposed to a drug prescribed for human use by his doctor but not approved for Covid. 

I don’t understand the obvious hypocrisy. Joe Rogan is dangerous for spreading medical misinformation…. Vs it’s great that Howard Stern is spreading medical misinformation. It’s not just him, many media outlets keep calling a drug designed for human “horse meds”. What’s there end game?  How does that help the population? Why lie or mislead to make your point?

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Fuck You 2

36 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Dangerous misinformation. Idiots will go to Tractor Supply because he is perpetuating  the lie that Rogan took horse paste/meds as opposed to a drug prescribed for human use by his doctor but not approved for Covid. 

I don’t understand the obvious hypocrisy. Joe Rogan is dangerous for spreading medical misinformation…. Vs it’s great that Howard Stern is spreading medical misinformation. It’s not just him, many media outlets keep calling a drug designed for human “horse meds”. What’s there end game?  How does that help the population? Why lie or mislead to make your point?

I tried looking up the difference between ivermectin for animals and humans but found it’s basically just the dose. Stern even said rogan got the ivermectin from a doctor but he should have just asked for the vaccine from that doctor. I only posted the article because I found it ironic that somebody equally as crazy as rogan had a 180 degree view point. If anybody listens to either of those maniacs for any advice…at all…on any topic…then that’s probably Darwin’s theory being proven. Those people won’t have to worry about who to listen to at 80 lol. 

Wait, the contention is that it's spreading dangerous "misinformation" for Stern to mock Rogan for taking Ivermectin by referring to it as horse paste? That somehow Stern's listeners will be inclined to try the parasitic drug (human or equine) even though he referred to Rogan as a fucking idiot for doing so? 

That's what you're arguing here?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

When my wife and I got our COVID breakthrough, I got a text from a friend telling me and my wife to take ivermectin. If we couldn't find a doctor to write us a script, we were told to buy the animal stuff from Amazon and they would send us dosage adjustments. This was all based on information gleaned from friends and whatever crazytown groups they were involved with. I just took some Benadryl, napped, and let the vaccine do its work instead. I kept my intestines in tact and felt better in about three days.

I don't think the average ivermectin proponent makes much of a distinction between horse paste and taking medicine under the direction of a doctor. Since they generally make no distinction, calling it "horse paste" is a fair description of the treatment advocated by movement. Any attempts to legitimize it with the veneer of medical legitimacy is just perpetuating disinformation. Spreading this kind of thinking only serves to spread death and suffering. You can hide in asking questions and a motivated pedantry that distorts reality, but it's still dishonest and destructive.

This is distinct from honest discussion of legitimate attempts by real doctors to find COVID treatments.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Why is ivermectin a thing and who is making money off of pushing it? Merck downgrades its efficacy for treating covid and their stock isnt doing much.

If you have a couple hours these two podcasts do a good job explaining the players and motivations.

also

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mole said:

When my wife and I got our COVID breakthrough, I got a text from a friend telling me and my wife to take ivermectin. If we couldn't find a doctor to write us a script, we were told to buy the animal stuff from Amazon and they would send us dosage adjustments. This was all based on information gleaned from friends and whatever crazytown groups they were involved with. I just took some Benadryl, napped, and let the vaccine do its work instead. I kept my intestines in tact and felt better in about three days.

I don't think the average ivermectin proponent makes much of a distinction between horse paste and taking medicine under the direction of a doctor. Since they generally make no distinction, calling it "horse paste" is a fair description of the treatment advocated by movement. Any attempts to legitimize it with the veneer of medical legitimacy is just perpetuating disinformation. Spreading this kind of thinking only serves to spread death and suffering. You can hide in asking questions and a motivated pedantry that distorts reality, but it's still dishonest and destructive.

This is distinct from honest discussion of legitimate attempts by real doctors to find COVID treatments.

This was almost identical to my breakthrough experience. My anti-vaccine sister sent me a text saying she knew 80-90 people who had recovered from Covid (wtf!) using her list of medications, the first of which was ivermectin. I said “ok” and took ibuprofen and let the vaccine do its work and I was fine in 4 days. 

13 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This was almost identical to my breakthrough experience. My anti-vaccine sister sent me a text saying she knew 80-90 people who had recovered from Covid (wtf!) using her list of medications, the first of which was ivermectin. I said “ok” and took ibuprofen and let the vaccine do its work and I was fine in 4 days. 

When you said ok, did she add you to her list of people that took ivermectin and recovered?  It may now look like 80-90 people, including my brother.  I can't talk with my family because both sides, even though people are dying from the negatives of the Republican side vs the nonproven, made up negatives of the Liberals. Clearly, if Republicans are getting caught grafting and lying, it's because all politicians suck and they haven't investigated Democrats enough.  

48 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

This reminds me of when I was a kid and they blamed violence on video games and rock music.  

No joke--New Model Army was banned from the US because they had subversive anti US music, and later, purportedly, because they had the word "Army" in their name.  What a fucking riot.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Just now, workswithseed said:

A long YouTube video! Get the fuck out with that shit.

methinks the farmer doth protest too much - this is a podcast you silly goose! One you'd do well to listen to - Behind the Bastards is well researched and sourced, and Robert Evans isn't shy about admitting when he's wrong and issuing corrections and corrected podcast episodes when it does happen.

The ivermectin episode may be upsetting to you though, since it outlines the deep right grifters behind most of the things you love to post about

16 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

That's not why.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

methinks the farmer doth protest too much - this is a podcast you silly goose! One you'd do well to listen to - Behind the Bastards is well researched and sourced, and Robert Evans isn't shy about admitting when he's wrong and issuing corrections and corrected podcast episodes when it does happen.

The ivermectin episode may be upsetting to you though, since it outlines the deep right grifters behind most of the things you love to post about

Well, he’s an idiot, so…

15 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

I tried looking up the difference between ivermectin for animals and humans but found it’s basically just the dose. Stern even said rogan got the ivermectin from a doctor but he should have just asked for the vaccine from that doctor. I only posted the article because I found it ironic that somebody equally as crazy as rogan had a 180 degree view point. If anybody listens to either of those maniacs for any advice…at all…on any topic…then that’s probably Darwin’s theory being proven. Those people won’t have to worry about who to listen to at 80 lol. 

Stern is actually an extremely thoughtful, intelligent person once you get past the crazy radio shenanigans he's done over the years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Well, he’s an idiot, so…

Same for you, but I actually think you're too dumb to notice. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Same for you, but I actually think you're too dumb to notice. 

No, he's right, you're very stupid. There was a moment in time where you were faced with a decision between continuing to try to learn and analyze things intelligently or simply jumping on the stupid train. You made your choice and here you are. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know this is difficult to understand, but a large fraction of the anti-vaxxers taking ivermectin are in fact taking the equine version.

Jesus Christ.

And where did they ever get the idea that these people like Joe Rogan were not taking an approved drug for humans prescribed by a doctor (but not approved for Covid use), but taking Horse Paste from the Tractor Supply?  How many people know that the CDC currently recommends Ivermectin for Afghan refugees. 

This isn't difficult to understand.  Even after people have died from the Horse paste, the media continues to purposely confuse the two different medications for political gain.  They are doing exactly what this thread accuses Rogan of, but are ultimately way more responsible for anyone who get sick from horse paste.  Maybe that's the idea, because the media knows full well the drug has been approved for human use for years (but not for Covid).  They can't make their point with the truth, so they lie regardless of consequences.  Do you think Stern acknowledges the prescription if Rogan hadn't been on air a day before calling out CNN for their misrepresentation?

I don't give a fuck what he puts in his body, but misrepresenting the truth for the dunk serves no public good.

Edited by ChickenSandwich

37 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, he's right, you're very stupid. There was a moment in time where you were faced with a decision between continuing to try to learn and analyze things intelligently or simply jumping on the stupid train. You made your choice and here you are. 

Have you ever smiled or have you always been this anal? 

17 hours ago, Genco said:

Wait, the contention is that it's spreading dangerous "misinformation" for Stern to mock Rogan for taking Ivermectin by referring to it as horse paste? That somehow Stern's listeners will be inclined to try the parasitic drug (human or equine) even though he referred to Rogan as a fucking idiot for doing so? 

That's what you're arguing here?

No, I’m arguing that the media has been portraying those who were prescribed Ivermectin by a doctor as taking horse meds from the tractor supply for a year now, and may have caused some dumbasses to go to the Tractor Supply for horse paste. 

Stern listeners, their own group of idiots, of course will not be swayed by Sterns words, but it doesn’t stop multiple media outlets running with the story and putting “horse paste/meds” in their headlines. 

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

No, I’m arguing that the media has been portraying those who were prescribed Ivermectin by a doctor as taking horse meds from the tractor supply for a year now, and may have caused some dumbasses to go to the Tractor Supply for horse paste. 

Stern listeners, their own group of idiots, of course will not be swayed by Sterns words, but it doesn’t stop multiple media outlets running with the story and putting “horse paste/meds” in their headlines. 

Then you're stupid or lying.

45 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

image.png.37970ebb15b4ec28cd58cb36ce22cba7.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I blame the sources of the Ivermectin misinformation which Rogan dedicated an "emergency" show to to discuss a deeply flawed study for the new Covid miracle cure. I don't blame the media for reporting on the lengths that some of these morons that believe the misinformation are going to in order to get it.

Rogan has amplified the Ivermectin myth, failed to followup on the fraudulent study that was the basis for his endorsement, and the fact that he got a prescription for it doesn't legitimize it as an effective treatment for Covid. He's a piece of shit who deserves to be mocked. 

But the media referring to it as horse paste is dangerous. FOH

Joe Rogan’s influence

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/22663127/ivermectin-covid-treatments-vaccines-evidence?fbclid=IwAR33zhEOLfQ4ybBZa7180sh6JSjcrIwIATADvMBhKShWNyJTpFTOde9t2Yo

The weeks that followed the episode saw a massive surge of interest in ivermectin as an alternative Covid-19 treatment. The CDC reports that 88,000 prescriptions were written in a single week in mid-August, up from 15,000 in the week before Rogan’s podcast and 3,600 a week before the pandemic began.

Correlation does not always equal causation but I suspect Joe or someone in his company is getting paid/incentivized to peddle ivermectin.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Joe Rogan’s influence

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/22663127/ivermectin-covid-treatments-vaccines-evidence?fbclid=IwAR33zhEOLfQ4ybBZa7180sh6JSjcrIwIATADvMBhKShWNyJTpFTOde9t2Yo

Correlation does not always equal causation but I suspect Joe or someone in his company is getting paid/incentivized to peddle ivermectin.

CanineTediousHyrax-size_restricted.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Joe Rogan’s influence

It would be hard to determine how many of that 88,000 took ivermectin for Covid but I'm betting that's at least 50k people who don't need to be having kids anyway. Silver lining 

• Hook 'Em 1

CanineTediousHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Given how Merck has distanced themselves and their stock price isnt doing anything, perhaps ivermectin is just a red herring to help undermine vaccinations. Because of nefarious reasons and tribalism, Russia and whoever wants to fuck with America and Western Democracy are seeking influencers to undermine vaccinations.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Given how Merck has distanced themselves and their stock price isnt doing anything, perhaps ivermectin is just a red herring to help undermine vaccinations. Because of nefarious reasons and tribalism, Russia and whoever wants to fuck with America and Western Democracy are seeking influencers to undermine vaccinations.

This. This is the play. The play isn’t ivermectin. The play is “not vaccines.”

Which is why the sane have a problem with the ivermectin cult: they are the cult of “instead,” not “also.”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 1:45 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

To be clear, people were eating horse paste way before the media ever learned about it... hence the media coverage.

As has been touched on numerous times, this isn't just about Ivermectin.  It's just the fact that this shit is the newest MIRACLE DRUG!!! that the loonies have latched onto to justify their moronic decision to not get the vaccine.  The fact that it also is causing dumbasses to ingest livestock medicine is an objectively hilarious side story.  

If you're putting society at risk by refusing the vaccine, then you need to grow thicker skin and not get offended that your doctor prescribed medicine is getting confused for horse meds by people you've never met on twitter.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

To be clear, people were eating horse paste way before the media ever learned about it... hence the media coverage.

As has been touched on numerous times, this isn't just about Ivermectin.  It's just the fact that this shit is the newest MIRACLE DRUG!!! that the loonies have latched onto to justify their moronic decision to not get the vaccine.  The fact that it also is causing dumbasses to ingest livestock medicine is an objectively hilarious side story.  

If you're putting society at risk by refusing the vaccine, then you need to grow thicker skin and not get offended that your doctor prescribed medicine is getting confused for horse meds by people you've never met on twitter.  

you're arguing with a horse paste eater

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1