Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

On 4/30/2021 at 1:37 AM, Wanker Bob said:

Photoshop. A really funny one

Whatever happened to wanker bob?

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Did someone say horse paste?

this stupid fucker’s in good shape. He’s going to get a little sick and recover which will have nothing to do with the horse paste he has been taking but the fucking morons will glom onto this as proof that it works and the communist Chinese, the government, and mainstream medicine are conspiring to kill them

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

32 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Unconvincingly?  Watch the video, don't trust the label.  The guy is fine.  Media is a fucking joke.

That’s what has you annoyed/concerned? Not the fact that he’s an ass about vaccines and spread misinformation? 

If you're not smart enough to do the research and decide the best option for yourself and have to rely on some podcaster to tell you what to do?  Good luck dumbass.

It's ironic that you bring up misinformation considering that the read doesn't match the video.

Edited by mulletpelini

If you're not smart enough to do the research and decide the best option for yourself and have to rely on some podcaster to tell you what to do?  Good luck dumbass.
It's ironic that you bring up misinformation considering that the read doesn't match the video.

You can only decide what’s best for yourself by consulting a certified physician who knows your complete medical history.

Nevertheless, Google MD is better than Payola Podcasters to your point.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

The whole issue is ‘that dumbass’ becomes all of our problems because he spreads shit all over.  Where the fuck have you been?

Everyone should be happy that since Joe Rogan got his megadeal with Spotify he's apparently been sandboxed to that crappy podcast division of theirs and it has really chopped the legs out of his platform and influence as his views and following has plummeted. This is good if you think he's dangerous and/or stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Everyone should be happy that since Joe Rogan got his megadeal with Spotify he's apparently been sandboxed to that crappy podcast division of theirs and it has really chopped the legs out of his platform and influence as his views and following has plummeted. This is good if you think he's dangerous and/or stupid.

IMO, his following is plummeting because he's gone off the far right deep end. He's incredibly skeptical of any mainstream conventional stance but waits on baited breath to hear what the fringe has to say, and doesn't challenge their ideas at all really. 

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

IMO, his following is plummeting because he's gone off the far right deep end. He's incredibly skeptical of any mainstream conventional stance but waits on baited breath to hear what the fringe has to say, and doesn't challenge their ideas at all really. 

That’s a fair and honest opinion, and perhaps what you say is a contributing or indirect factor, but from what I understand it’s pretty well documented that it’s the Spotify exclusivity thing that has created a trade-off.

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

According to an investigation by The Verge, using secondary metrics, like how much of a promotional boost Rogan gave his guests, The Verge found that Rogan’s influence has diminished since he went to frolic in Spotify’s walled garden.

Some of the evidence: 

• Before the Spotify move, Rogan’s smaller guests could expect to add 4,000 Twitter followers/week after appearing on the show. Since he went to Spotify, that number has dropped to 2,000.
  • Rogan’s YouTube channel, which used to post full pod episodes but hasn’t since the switch, is growing more slowly.
  • Google searches for Rogan are down this year from 2020.

There are numerous confounding variables that could help explain a dip in enthusiasm for the podcast. But as Spotify tries to bring on more high-profile podcasts to its platform (like it just did with Call Her Daddy), podcasters might increasingly question whether Spotify’s $$$ is worth limiting their exposure on other platforms.

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This.

I used to listen pretty regularly, not because I was particularly impressed by Rogan (he's done some good stand up over the years), but because he had such a broad swath of guests from all sides of the spectrum.  Even though I'm not at all right wing, I found I could understand and have more productive conversations with those folks after listening to some of his right wing guests explain themselves at greater lengths.  What was great was that he generally just got out of people's way, and let them say their thing, which whether I found them crazy or not, I at least gained some insight into what others think and believe.

Then he just went full MAGA and I started losing interest, real quick.  Always going off about how liberals were anti free speech, and rarely acknowledging that his examples of this were fringe extremist fuck wads.  Going out of his way to talk about how Trump was hilarious and not really a problem, and the final straw was the anti-vaxx dipshittery.  Rogan has started to think he actually knows something, when back in the day he was very upfront with the whole "I'm uninformed and stupid, don't base your opinions on what I say".  And he's taken this stance because he realized that's the majority of his audience.

Also, yeah, he almost never challenges the ridiculous shit people say on that show.  Like ever.

• Hook 'Em 4

And now that it's on Spotify, it never shows up in my podcast feeds.  I looked at it on Spotify the other day, and running through the recent guest list I saw a whole bunch of the same people that were on it 3 years ago.  I really enjoyed comedian podcasts for years, but during COVID I completely lost interest in it.  I'm not sure if it was my waning interest in social media (which had kept me connected to those shows), or I just felt like I was hearing the same thing over and over and over, or I got tired of hearing them constantly whining about COVID, but I went from almost never missing Monday Morning Podcast (Bill Burr), Your Mom's House (Tom Segura/Christina Pazistsky), Bertcast (Bert Kreischer), or Rogan to almost never listening.

22 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

And now that it's on Spotify…

Could have saved you a thousand words had you just read the last few posts. He sold out and made the trade off of less of a platform/exposure for retirement money.

It happens. Probably similar to the Howard Stern and Sirius thing or Longhorn Network lol.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Could have saved you a thousand words had you just read the last few posts. He sold out and made the trade off of less of a platform/exposure for retirement money.

It happens. Probably similar to the Howard Stern and Sirius thing or Longhorn Network lol.

I listen to several exclusively Spotify podcasts because I really enjoy them.  If I still liked Rogan, I'd keep listening despite the platform switch.

20 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think of almost any human on the planet, Joe Rogan dying from COVID would do the most good.  His listeners are almost exclusively the type that could be most swayed by their hero succumbing to the virus.

But because everything is awful, he will of course recover fully and promote horse paste.

But if all the people who worship him eat horse paste, this could be a real positive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

According to an investigation by The Verge, using secondary metrics, like how much of a promotional boost Rogan gave his guests, The Verge found that Rogan’s influence has diminished since he went to frolic in Spotify’s walled garden.

Some of the evidence: 

• Before the Spotify move, Rogan’s smaller guests could expect to add 4,000 Twitter followers/week after appearing on the show. Since he went to Spotify, that number has dropped to 2,000.
  • Rogan’s YouTube channel, which used to post full pod episodes but hasn’t since the switch, is growing more slowly.
  • Google searches for Rogan are down this year from 2020.

There are numerous confounding variables that could help explain a dip in enthusiasm for the podcast. But as Spotify tries to bring on more high-profile podcasts to its platform (like it just did with Call Her Daddy), podcasters might increasingly question whether Spotify’s $$$ is worth limiting their exposure on other platforms.

Good.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think of almost any human on the planet, Joe Rogan dying from COVID would do the most good.  His listeners are almost exclusively the type that could be most swayed by their hero succumbing to the virus.

But because everything is awful, he will of course recover fully and promote horse paste.

“Because everything is awful, he will of course recover fully…” could also be restated as “because he’s generally right, that otherwise more or less healthy and younger, fit people don’t have much to worry about statistically speaking from covid-19 infections so, he will of course recover fully…”

There is always a chance though that things take a bad turn for the unvaxxed though.

10 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

“Because everything is awful, he will of course recover fully…” could also be restated as “because he’s generally right, that otherwise more or less healthy and younger, fit people don’t have much to worry about statistically speaking from covid-19 infections so, he will of course recover fully…”

There is always a chance though that things take a bad turn for the unvaxxed though.

The problem of course is that if you are analyzing this through statistics, they all clearly show that vaxxing reduces your risk of serious illness/death.

you say “there is always the chance though that…” The only cogent point to be made here is that the chance goes up significantly if you are unvaxxed.

Joe isn’t looking at this from a statistical perspective, he’s just being a contrarian fuckwad and spewing bullshit…which has made him fantastically wealthy, so kudos to him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Aren't monoclonal antibodies still pretty hard for most covid patients to get?

We’re a medium sized nonprofit hospital and we’re begging folks to come get an infusion if they’ve tested positive and are symptomatic. We’ve waived all previous requirements (over 55, comorbidities, etc.) and are no longer requiring patients to get an order from their physician. One of our intensivists is now signing off on them.

We’re doing everything we can to keep folks from needing hospitalization.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

We’re a medium sized nonprofit hospital and we’re begging folks to come get an infusion if they’ve tested positive and are symptomatic. We’ve waived all previous requirements (over 55, comorbidities, etc.) and are no longer requiring patients to get an order from their physician. One of our intensivists is now signing off on them.

We’re doing everything we can to keep folks from needing hospitalization.

So are the same people that are all “fuck no I’m not getting that vaccine” all about these monoclonal infusions?

57 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The problem of course is that if you are analyzing this through statistics, they all clearly show that vaxxing reduces your risk of serious illness/death.

you say “there is always the chance though that…” The only cogent point to be made here is that the chance goes up significantly if you are unvaxxed.

Joe isn’t looking at this from a statistical perspective, he’s just being a contrarian fuckwad and spewing bullshit…which has made him fantastically wealthy, so kudos to him.

Yes, that is all true and good as well.

and Joe Rogan doing all that bolded, I agree, seems very on brand.

One thing I just don't understand -- I could see, maybe, how someone could be convinced to take an antiviral medication intended for livestock, especially if it were for a cardiopulmonary related viral disease.

But a dewormer? How the everloving fuck do you convince anyone with a third grade education that a medicine to eradicate a parasite will do jack squat about a virus?

I know a lot of these people are not that bright, but this is even more moronic than what might be expected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

One thing I just don't understand -- I could see, maybe, how someone could be convinced to take an antiviral medication intended for livestock, especially if it were for a cardiopulmonary related viral disease.

But a dewormer? How the everloving fuck do you convince anyone with a third grade education that a medicine to eradicate a parasite will do jack squat about a virus?

I know a lot of these people are not that bright, but this is even more moronic than what might be expected.

I HATE to throw them a bone.....but it's not COMPLETELY without basis.  In short, there was a "study" that showed that ivermectin, in vitro (that is, in a petri dish) inhibited viral growth.  Of course, there are numerous substances that would have the same effect: bleach, gasoline, alcohol, etc.  The question that follows is "is there a dose that could be safely given in vivo (that is, to an actual human) that would also inhibit viral growth?  We already know the answer on bleach, gasoline, etc. -- nope.  But on ivermectin, there is at least a "maybe" out there.

Of course, there are actual studies looking at just that question.  We'll see what they say.  I'd love it if they said "yeah, a decent dose, given early in an infection, can keep an additional 10% of people out of the hospital."  And I don't see anything WRONG with a doc trying a round of it on patients, right now -- thrown the kitchen sink, safely, at this.  The problem isn't ivermectin.  The problem is ivermectin being treated as a magic bullet, miracle cure, INSTEAD of and to the purposeful exclusion of vaccinations.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I HATE to throw them a bone.....but it's not COMPLETELY without basis.  In short, there was a "study" that showed that ivermectin, in vitro (that is, in a petri dish) inhibited viral growth.  Of course, there are numerous substances that would have the same effect: bleach, gasoline, alcohol, etc.  The question that follows is "is there a dose that could be safely given in vivo (that is, to an actual human) that would also inhibit viral growth?  We already know the answer on bleach, gasoline, etc. -- nope.  But on ivermectin, there is at least a "maybe" out there.

Of course, there are actual studies looking at just that question.  We'll see what they say.  I'd love it if they said "yeah, a decent dose, given early in an infection, can keep an additional 10% of people out of the hospital."  And I don't see anything WRONG with a doc trying a round of it on patients, right now -- thrown the kitchen sink, safely, at this.  The problem isn't ivermectin.  The problem is ivermectin being treated as a magic bullet, miracle cure, INSTEAD of and to the purposeful exclusion of vaccinations.

Not a single one of those studies are with horse medicine from the tack store, however. Somewhere that’s getting lost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:05 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

Not a single one of those studies are with horse medicine from the tack store, however. Somewhere that’s getting lost. 

Curious. Do you believe he took horse meds or the human version the CDC has been recommending for “Immigrant, Refugee, and migrant health”

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/guidelines/overseas-guidelines.html

Summary of Recommendations

This guidance is intended for the International Organization for Migration (IOM) physicians and other panel physicians who administer overseas predeparture presumptive treatment for intestinal parasites, but may also be referenced by U.S. medical providers caring for refugees who will be receiving presumptive treatment after they arrive in the United States.

While these recommendations have been implemented in many overseas sites, logistical and procurement issues still limit their full implementation in some. All Middle Eastern, Asian, North African, Latin American, and Caribbean refugees should receive presumptive therapy with:

• All Middle Eastern, Asian, North African, Latin American, and Caribbean refugees should receive presumptive therapy with:
    • Albendazole, single dose of 400 mg (200 mg for children 12-23 months)
      AND
    • Ivermectin, two doses 200 mcg/Kg orally once a day for 2 days before departure to the United States. 

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Curious. Do you believe he took horse meds or the human version the CDC has been recommending for “Immigrant, Refugee, and migrant health”

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/guidelines/overseas-guidelines.html

And what's the behavior/rationale of people coming into ER sick from taking Ivermectin? Cause the messaging they're receiving doesn't seem like they're using it to address parasites as it's been prescribed in the past. 

• Hook 'Em 1