Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

On 5/16/2018 at 12:53 PM, TrashMaster G said:

I LOVE the way he shuts down those stupid-ass ideas.

Great!

He gets cannonized when he:

1. delivers a grass pitch that equals fair park

2. delivers an unregarded student entrance policy

3. eliminates PMS 2011 from uniforms and field decoration

4. delivers uniforms and field decoration in PMS 159

5. releases a statement as follows: "aggy sowed what they reap and shall wander in the wilderness until the year Two Thousand One Hundred and Ten"

6. tweets "it's (whatever time he tweets) and 0u still sucks".

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

As for playing the Aggies, Del Conte said he had a conversation with A&M AD Scott Woodward a couple of months ago and told him, “As our schedules permit, we should consider scheduling a game.” Was Woodward interested? “I didn’t get that. We never got to that point.” Texas is booked through 2027 (home against Michigan), and Del Conte said, “You could do something after that season.”

This is bad and needs to be put a stop to.  One Hundred Years.  7 down, 93 to go.

It would be nice if Texas could have an annual schedule that amounts to something like the upcoming season. 3 games OOC (1 true blueblood, 1 other P5 that is not a blueblood {e.g. Maryland, Wazzu}, and one local G5 {Rice/UTEP/UNT/UTSA type}) + 9 conference games would make for a respectable schedule with likely decent to good SOS.

Edited by UDontKnow

30 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Great!

He gets cannonized when he:

1. delivers a grass pitch that equals fair park

2. delivers an unregarded student entrance policy

3. eliminates PMS 2011 from uniforms and field decoration

4. delivers uniforms and field decoration in PMS 159

5. releases a statement as follows: "aggy sowed what they reap and shall wander in the wilderness until the year Two Thousand One Hundred and Ten"

6. tweets "it's (whatever time he tweets) and 0u still sucks".

He needs to @ castiglione on his 6 tweet. 

3 hours ago, Player said:

Those iconic matchups, minus pedo state, are all fine by me.

Scheduling all the other SEC schools besides aggy would make their heads explode and be pretty funny. I’d also like to see us put Washington and Oregon on the schedule.

a list of schools we should play that we haven't played in 30 years...

last game - school - UT record against

never Clemson

never Florida State

never Illinois

never Michigan State

never Nevada

1925 Arizona 1-0-0

1928 Vanderbilt 3-8-1

1936 Minnesota 0-1-0

1939 Wisconsin 1-0-0

1940 Florida 2-0-1

1943 Georgia Tech 1-0-0

1951 Kentucky 1-0-0

1951 Purdue 2-0-0

1957 South Carolina 0-1-0

1964 Army 1-0-0

1966 Indiana 3-0-0

1969 Navy 2-0-0

1969 Tennessee 2-1

1977 Boston College 2-1-0

1982 Utah 1-0-0

1985 Air Force 0-1-0

pipedream for CDC consideration:

add the 3 service academies & invite domer, if they decline take Boston College, then do a SEC schedule of only 8 conference games (6 + 2)

north: air force, kansas state, iowa state, west virginia, navy, army, boston college

permanent crossover: kansas-kstate....

south: tech, rape, 0u, okie lite, kansas, tcu, texas

add the 3 service academies & invite domer, if they decline take Boston College, then do a SEC schedule of only 8 conference games (6 + 2)
north: air force, kansas state, iowa state, west virginia, navy, army, boston college

That makes the north easier to win since Army/Navy is the week of the CCG and thus they won’t participate

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Take this shit to the realignment thread.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Pretty sure Plonsky will be in charge of selling hotdogs at the 3 major sports venues. 

I'm sure CDC will misunderstand the situation and she will be given a desk in the basement with just a pair of scissors.

• Like 1

I kinda like the idea of every couple months CDC comes out and discusses current affairs of UT athletics and then throw out aggy still doesn't want to play. Something like, "... have had excellent capital contributions and expect to start breaking ground soon. aggy is still refusing to play us. Next month we'll be looking at..." Just to keep the truth in light that we've never said no. 

47 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I kinda like the idea of every couple months CDC comes out and discusses current affairs of UT athletics and then throw out aggy still doesn't want to play. Something like, "... have had excellent capital contributions and expect to start breaking ground soon. aggy is still refusing to play us. Next month we'll be looking at..." Just to keep the truth in light that we've never said no. 

I would prefer to see him start getting passive aggressive and dismissive about it. Something to the effect of "Our goal is to schedule other titans across the CFB landscape. As such, we haven't spent much time thinking about doormats in any conference, the SEC or otherwise. Next question?"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I would prefer to see him start getting passive aggressive and dismissive about it. Something to the effect of "Our goal is to schedule other titans across the CFB landscape. As such, we haven't spent much time thinking about doormats in any conference, the SEC or otherwise. Next question?"

Nahhhh. More like this:

"At some point and time we will pick up our rivalry. It’s important to our state and important to our fan base. I’m assuming when it’s appropriate and ready, we’ll play...We’d like to do that, it’s just matching up schedules. Our 9 games and 1 blue blood model leaves us w/ only two games per year to work with. A&M's schedule leaves even less room to fit us in. Their model of 8 SEC games, one 1-AA team, 1 Sun-belt team, and 1 conference USA foe leaves them with even less opportunities. While difficult, I can see us both working to a solution.

• Haha 1

Playing Aggy serves no purpose right now. They will be too bloodthirsty to win and they and their boosters will cheat however they can to ensure it, which will hinder the resurgence of Texas and damage the Big 12, because we will not follow suit. We arent as desperate to compete with them. Our psychological well-being is not at stake. We dont share the same ferver for them as they do for us.

Playing USC and schools of that caliber is far more interesting.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

14 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Playing Aggy serves no purpose right now. They will be too bloodthirsty to win and they and their boosters will cheat however they can to ensure it, which will hinder the resurgence of Texas and damage the Big 12, because we will not follow suit. We arent as desperate to compete with them. Our psychological well-being is not at stake. We dont share the same ferver for them as they do for us.

Playing USC and schools of that caliber is far more interesting.

You're trying too hard, aggy. 

On 6/2/2018 at 2:17 AM, Tony Soprano said:

I saw him talking to people outside the stadium before the baseball game last night. Couldn't imagine DeLoss Dodds ever doing anything like that. He was too good for the common man. 

And fired Smoky after the Regional final last night.  A man of the people!  Love it.

"According to salary data previously obtained by the Statesman, the UT athletic department had 448 full-time staff members with an aggregate base salary total of approximately $47.3 million. The Longhorns typically have more than 500 athletes, creating almost a 1:1 ratio, something unheard of in major college athletics."

at $105k per head we should be undefeated in all 3 major sports every year.... except, title9/Plonsky.

'

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

https://www.hookem.com/2018/06/04/texas-athletics-lays-off-least-13-staff-members-departmental-restructuring/

"Texas athletics lays off at least 13 staff members in departmental restructuring" 

Surprised there isn't a 0 at the end of that number. Maybe the plan is to start at the top and then let the new upper management do the bigger overhaul.

12 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

"According to salary data previously obtained by the Statesman, the UT athletic department had 448 full-time staff members with an aggregate base salary total of approximately $47.3 million. The Longhorns typically have more than 500 athletes, creating almost a 1:1 ratio, something unheard of in major college athletics."

at $105k per head we should be undefeated in all 3 major sports every year.... except, title9/Plonsky.

'

I found this info at https://salaries.texastribune.org/university-of-texas-at-austin/departments/intercollegiate-athletics/positions/

It is from July 2017, when Perrin was still AD.

Here are some of the positions and their median salaries.

• 23 Assistant AD's - $100, 742
  • 12 Associate AD's - $144, 969 
  • 4 Executive Senior Associate AD's - $242, 899
  • 3 Senior Associate AD's - $164, 932
  • 2 Athletic Directors - $695, 417
  • 1 Chief of Staff - $156, 080
Edited by BornOrange

I found this info at https://salaries.texastribune.org/university-of-texas-at-austin/departments/intercollegiate-athletics/positions/

Ummmm...no.

There is not a university in the world that needs this much staffing at the top for an athletic department.

Need to cut 80%.

Just saw that Oliver Luck is leaving the NCAA to be commissioner of the XFL. We should have hired him instead of Patterson, but in the end we ended up with the real deal in Del Conte.  A few wasted years but headed back in the right direction. 

8 hours ago, BornOrange said:

Holy crap on a cracker!

If you can't see the line between this data and the $12 for a plate of nachos at Disch-Falk, you aren't using your imagination.

8 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Ummmm...no.

There is not a university in the world that needs this much staffing at the top for an athletic department.

Need to cut 80%.

Doesn't seem like anything too crazy to me.  

<$7M for 45 people?  Keep them and hire more!  We just got $36M from from the big12.  We're rolling in dough.  Might as well spend it on improvements and more people.  

Edited by JimTom