Tom Brady’s future

closetohumping

Tom Brady’s future  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he play?

• New england
    • Somewhere else

You probably hate Tiger Woods, Gretzky, and Secretariat as well.

Do you think fucking Mike Brown is doing Joe Burrow a favor by not getting him an o line? I hope Burrow leaves Cincy. Josh Allen is getting beat all to hell and will pay the price for it; he has to have a running game besides himself. And Mahomes is going to be running Andy Reid out of town if he doesn’t get some protection. You can’t have $40 mil plus franchise QBs getting the shit beat out of them. Brady has basically been to a super bowl half the seasons he has played ball. That’s a record that just unbelievable. I’m glad he’s back.

I don’t care for Tiger Woods but golfers and horses pretty much stand on their own. I haven’t seen much of Gretzky cause we don’t play that game much where I’m from.

It is pretty unbelievable that Brady has been a part of that. But the adage that a QB gets too much credit is true in his case. He’s no moron and bailed on NE when realizing they didn’t have the horses. He’s also been smart enough to not eat up the organization’s cash thru his contracts.

But damn if he’s not a fortunate SOB. People shit on Dilfer for winning a championship due to defense but praise Brady as the second coming even though his defense locked down the greatest show on turf, gave up 3 points to boy genius McVay, and stymied the all offense, no defense KC Chiefs. All in the Super Bowl. All wins in which the defense was the primary reason they won. That doesn’t include the win over the Seahawks on the dumbest coaching decision in the history in sports. He sure as heck led epic offensive performances when they scored 14 and 17 points in losses to the Giants.

Did the Pats ever have a decent team in their division or was it an automatic pass to the playoffs each year? Then there are the simple things that helped them get there. The dumb tuck rule. The Colts playoff game in which the Pats wholeheartedly molested the Colts receiving corps all game long. Even the questionable interference/holding call in the Packers game during the Bucs super bowl run. The incredible Edelman and Hogan catches that are overlooked but damn near as important as David Tyrees catch. And Hogans catch was not actually a catch. And certainly not if Jesse James catch, turn and dive was not a catch. Vinatieri laughs at Scotty Norwood and his 48 yard miss. Not only will I make it in a critical situation in the snow covered field I’ll do it as a game winner in the SB too.

But to your point, Allen, Burrow and Mahomes all need better protection. And the Bengals addressed it today. The Chiefs addressed it last year although I think Creed was truly the improvement. And as to my point, those teams, as currently constructed, are easily better with their current QBs over Brady.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Last year his pressure rate was damn near 50% lower than the next dude (Stafford). #12 best was double his pressure rate. His pocket time was slightly less than Mahomes but PMs pressure rate was double.

Mebbe his low rate of pressure is because defensemen are downfield to guard against his throwing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I don’t care for Tiger Woods but golfers and horses pretty much stand on their own. I haven’t seen much of Gretzky cause we don’t play that game much where I’m from.

It is pretty unbelievable that Brady has been a part of that. But the adage that a QB gets too much credit is true in his case. He’s no moron and bailed on NE when realizing they didn’t have the horses. He’s also been smart enough to not eat up the organization’s cash thru his contracts.

But damn if he’s not a fortunate SOB. People shit on Dilfer for winning a championship due to defense but praise Brady as the second coming even though his defense locked down the greatest show on turf, gave up 3 points to boy genius McVay, and stymied the all offense, no defense KC Chiefs. All in the Super Bowl. All wins in which the defense was the primary reason they won. That doesn’t include the win over the Seahawks on the dumbest coaching decision in the history in sports. He sure as heck led epic offensive performances when they scored 14 and 17 points in losses to the Giants.

Did the Pats ever have a decent team in their division or was it an automatic pass to the playoffs each year? Then there are the simple things that helped them get there. The dumb tuck rule. The Colts playoff game in which the Pats wholeheartedly molested the Colts receiving corps all game long. Even the questionable interference/holding call in the Packers game during the Bucs super bowl run. The incredible Edelman and Hogan catches that are overlooked but damn near as important as David Tyrees catch. And Hogans catch was not actually a catch. And certainly not if Jesse James catch, turn and dive was not a catch. Vinatieri laughs at Scotty Norwood and his 48 yard miss. Not only will I make it in a critical situation in the snow covered field I’ll do it as a game winner in the SB too.

But to your point, Allen, Burrow and Mahomes all need better protection. And the Bengals addressed it today. The Chiefs addressed it last year although I think Creed was truly the improvement. And as to my point, those teams, as currently constructed, are easily better with their current QBs over Brady.

You're stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Good lord, dude. This is embarrassing.

It's almost like football is a game of inches, and, if you put yourself in contention every fucking year, some of the breaks go your way. Sometimes they don't. He's also lost Super Bowls where he threw for 500 yards or Wes Welker dropped an easy catch.

Why is it that Tom Brady always seems to have stellar offensive line play, yet, other than maybe Logan Mankins, there's not a single one that you'd consider a perennial All-Pro? Do you think it's 100% the offensive line, or does maybe Brady's genius pre-snap and ability to recognize and dissect defenses factor in?

In New England, he covered a lot of holes from terrible offensive draft picks and the Hoodie's unwillingness to spend money. No one was saying that Tampa Bay was a loaded team a quarterback away from winning it all before Brady went there. They were a collection of high draft picks--like most teams who have been shitty for a decade--with no clue how to win. 

Also, Brady's win percentage against the AFC East was roughly the same as it was against the rest of the NFL. Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers were in shit divisions with largely shit quarterback play their entire careers, and have much less to show for it. You still have to take advantage of the "free pass" to the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

You’re a coward.

And pretty much a piece of shit.

Someone is mad their ridiculously stupid opinion and subsequent follow up is incredibly stupid. 

could literally save yourself all the typing and follow up of dog shit thoughts if you just simply say “I don’t like Tom Brady so fuck em.” Instead you type of a thesis of the lost retarded reasons to discredit him. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Good lord, dude. This is embarrassing.
It's almost like football is a game of inches, and, if you put yourself in contention every fucking year, some of the breaks go your way. Sometimes they don't. He's also lost Super Bowls where he threw for 500 yards or Wes Welker dropped an easy catch.
Why is it that Tom Brady always seems to have stellar offensive line play, yet, other than maybe Logan Mankins, there's not a single one that you'd consider a perennial All-Pro? Do you think it's 100% the offensive line, or does maybe Brady's genius pre-snap and ability to recognize and dissect defenses factor in?
In New England, he covered a lot of holes from terrible offensive draft picks and the Hoodie's unwillingness to spend money. No one was saying that Tampa Bay was a loaded team a quarterback away from winning it all before Brady went there. They were a collection of high draft picks--like most teams who have been shitty for a decade--with no clue how to win. 
Also, Brady's win percentage against the AFC East was roughly the same as it was against the rest of the NFL. Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers were in shit divisions with largely shit quarterback play their entire careers, and have much less to show for it. You still have to take advantage of the "free pass" to the playoffs.

Back to part of the origin of this shit. Scooter says he’d start in front of all but Rodgers. Texzilla then talks of how Burrow, Allen and Mahomes need better protection for their futures. To which I said a bunch of other shit not necessarily to that point but also included that Brady wouldn’t start over those three guys in their current environments. He wouldn’t start over them.

40 something Tom Brady is not 30 year old Tom Brady. The Tampa Oline also may be the best line he’s been behind. I have no doubt he can work a defense, but his pocket time and pressure rate of the last 3 years do not support this theory. He might well survive a terrible Oline, but his age does decrease that quite a bit.

Keep in mind that Tampa team added Wirfs, Brown, Gronk, Fournette. The DBs matured in year two as you’d expect. Brady was the impetus for some those guys coming on. There absolutely was an under appreciation for the abilities of his teammates. And they were healthy. They were loaded and deep and more mature than the prior year. And that defense absolutely won the Saints game, hugely impacted the Pack and were the defense in the SB. They were easily the most talented roster in the NFL.

You can’t dispute the titles or the first ballot HOFer, but he is highly dependent on his teammates now. I can’t imagine his SB appearances will ever be touched.

I’ll let you dudes have it though. An being an Aggie, you should understand why many dislike Brady as it’s similar to dislike of the Horns. Oversaturation.
  • Fuck You 1

He's literally thrown for more touchdowns in his 40s than he did in his 20s. Got damn you're one stupid mother fucker.

I’m not sure your math is correct but maybe. Also interesting that I reference his 30s not his 20s.

The game is different now than in his 20s. I like stats, but there is context as you kindly pointed out in a previous post. Pretty sure ol Jameis had more passing yards in the year prior to Brady coming on board.

Seriously I am done here but am curious as to whether people think Brady is a better QB right now than Mahomes, Allen and Burrow. And also whether Brady would be better on those teams as currently constructed.

7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I’m not sure your math is correct but maybe. Also interesting that I reference his 30s not his 20s.

The game is different now than in his 20s. I like stats, but there is context as you kindly pointed out in a previous post. Pretty sure ol Jameis had more passing yards in the year prior to Brady coming on board.

Seriously I am done here but am curious as to whether people think Brady is a better QB right now than Mahomes, Allen and Burrow. And also whether Brady would be better on those teams as currently constructed.

He literally led them in just about every statistical category this past season. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Beauty of the internet. Anonymous trash talking and name calling with limited repercussions. I kinda feel like I’m Hacksaw Jim Duggan while doing it though.

Internet banter is the best. Helps keep your head clear in the real world.

I’llshit talk anyone but I’m not the same person in person as on here. 

I was hoping to see him wear the creamsicle buckaroo uniforms this year but I guess him throwing to Waddle, Tyreek, and Gronk would be entertaining. It might be the most hated team ever, except for every Patriots team with Brady.
If he goes to Miami, then them making the trade for Hill makes a lot of sense. Because it makes zero sense if you still have noodle arm Tua back there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He has probably been working on this a bit. I’m sure Fox had him do some practice games. Likewise I recall Troy being a stiff starting out. Romo broke the mold.

Romo sucks. I hope his mold has been broken.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Romo sucks. I hope his mold has been broken.

Yeah, I liked him as an announcer at first, but he seems to be getting more annoying each time I catch one of his games. I think Brady will do a decent job, but agree he'll probably be too image conscious to be entertaining. Give me the Manning brothers crew over both Brady and Romo every day

• Hook 'Em 1

So fox is going to pay Brady more money than he’s made playing football to talk about football? Brilliant! Does anyone choose what games they’re going to watch based on the analyst or who’s calling it?

Nooooope.

I have a mute button (especially for college basketball). I don’t need some boring mfer to explain what’s going on (some times they don’t have a clue anyway).

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

So fox is going to pay Brady more money than he’s made playing football to talk about football? Brilliant! Does anyone choose what games they’re going to watch based on the analyst or who’s calling it?

With inflation and Brady probably playing until he's 67, that contract may only be worth like $350. 

• Haha 1

Let’s see. Shit ton of Super Bowls, super model wife, money is never going to be a concern for generations…..Why would you doubt his success at anything he takes seriously? 

Besides, if he wasn’t doing the TV gig. I’m sure there are many organizations that would gladly pay top fucking dollar just to hear him speak.

• Hook 'Em 1