Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Everyone knows he didn’t run because of the fat he put on for the weigh in and was afraid it would show up in his 40 time. And we also knew he wouldn’t let them measure him again either.

Well no one seemed to concerned about that on the ESPN or The NFL Network coverage.

He is short. He is fast. The teams interested in him didn't come Norman to verify that. They came to watch him throw

Edited by Buddy Hinton

1 hour ago, Buddy Hinton said:

I don't think any of the guys that were invited to the combine re-measured height, hands etc

Murray is the only one who has the size issue hanging over his head (literally).  Anyone with eyes knows the 5'10" measurement was questionable at best. 

LOL at this thread.   Yes he's fucking short and he probably fudged that 5'10'' height somehow.  Nobody here knows more than the guys evaluating him and he's still number 1 according to most.  Well you all know he sucks more than any of the draft gurus...but outside of that who gives a fuck that he's short or packed on weight blah blah blah.  Just count down the days until you can see him broken when he lines up for a snap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL at this thread.   Yes he's fucking short and he probably fudged that 5'10'' height somehow.  Nobody here knows more than the guys evaluating him and he's still number 1 according to most.  Well you all know he sucks more than any of the draft gurus...but outside of that who gives a fuck that he's short or packed on weight blah blah blah.  Just count down the days until you can see him broken when he lines up for a snap. 

We're enjoying watching the Murrays' low character playing out right before our very eyes.  Everything else will happen in due course.  If RG3 wasn't durable enough to make a career at QB, I expect Murray will have an even shorter time in the league once the bodies start flying.

• Like 2

We're enjoying watching the Murrays' low character playing out right before our very eyes.  Everything else will happen in due course.  If RG3 wasn't durable enough to make a career at QB, I expect Murray will have an even shorter time in the league once the bodies start flying.

Why is that? Wasn’t RG3 injures a time or two at Baylor? Has Murray had any injuries playing football? I think he got knocked stupid one time when he was at aggy, but I don’t recall hearing of any injuries.

The guy is fast, quick and has a heck of a sense of preservation.

7 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Why is that? Wasn’t RG3 injures a time or two at Baylor? Has Murray had any injuries playing football? I think he got knocked stupid one time when he was at aggy, but I don’t recall hearing of any injuries.

Murray is both a shit talker and a little bitch.  I can see defenders deliberately taking shots at him as well as pissed off teammates matador blocking to let a pass rusher through.  VY also got injured despite being much bigger and stronger with no real history of injury in college. 

14 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

10 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

My answer was taken.  Some guys are slippery like that.  I’ve been never seen him take a clean shot.  RG3 was always dealing w nagging injuries.  

3 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Murray is both a shit talker and a little bitch.  I can see defenders deliberately taking shots at him as well as pissed off teammates matador blocking to let a pass rusher through.  VY also got injured despite being much bigger and stronger with no real history of injury in college. 

Lol.  Just like the Baker is a bitch that nobody likes to play for and will be hated narrative.  Blah blah blah.  Believe it or not NFL players don’t get as pissed at an opposing player as a rival fan base.  You know better than that.  ‘They’re gonna get so mad they’ll cheap shot him.’  Lmao.  It’s a business and these guys know it.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

8 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I wonder about his pain threshold.  He may have never been hurt in college, but mobile QB's like Colt McCoy, RG3, Alex Smith all have managed to get twisted knees and broken bones in the NFL.  Tony Romo broke his freaking back.  Joe Theismann's leg snapped like a twig.  Sooner rather than later Murray will get the piss knocked out of him.   Manziel got hit so hard that he decided to flee to Las Vegas rather than start another NFL game. 

Just now, lemonandaturd said:

I wonder about his pain threshold.  He may have never been hurt in college, but mobile QB's like Colt McCoy, RG3, Alex Smith all have managed to get twisted knees and broken bones in the NFL.  Tony Romo broke his freaking back.  Joe Theismann's leg snapped like a twig.  Sooner rather than later Murray will get the piss knocked out of him.   Manziel got hit so hard that he decided to flee to Las Vegas rather than start another NFL game. 

Manziel was a headcase, injuries didn't end him.  In the old NFL, Kyler wouldn't even be drafted.  QB's have insane protection and that's his chance.  I think he'll have some nagging injuries like all players but in the end he probably just doesn't have all the tools/size needed to remain a starter in the NFL.  Hell, being McCoy or Bradford isn't so bad.  Put 15-20M away, hold a clipboard, have a front row seat for the greatest sport known to mankind. 

• Like 1

If he makes them competitive or helps them win, there won’t be any matador blocking. Considering guys livelihoods are based off of how well they are blocking, there’s probably not gonna be much anyway.

I understand questioning his pain tolerance. He’s definitely a shit taker and bitch. If a defender gets a chance to hit him good, it’s gonna happen and they probably pile up on him.

14 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Just like the Baker is a bitch that nobody likes to play for and will be hated narrative.  Blah blah blah.  Believe it or not NFL players don’t get as pissed at an opposing player as a rival fan base.  You know better than that.  ‘They’re gonna get so mad they’ll cheap shot him.’  Lmao.  It’s a business and these guys know it.  

One day the Shag will be right about an OU QB....Maybe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Gregg Williams just might relapse and put a bounty on his tiny ass.  Just for old times sake.  Let's see if he can take a Favre level beating.  

That era of sports with the Eagles bounty hunting and the Jordan rules/Pistons had will never be topped.  I may be biased but I stand by that.  These guys are all too aware it's a business now a days.  Back then it was life and death...pretty literal when you see the punishment Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, Chuck Cecil and company dished out.  

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He’s a cunt and a bitch. Fuck OU. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

wfaa abc 8 5pm sports:

Murray refused the height measurement.

Seriously.

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Why would he skip his height measurement at his Pro Day? Did he think he was going to shrink? 

3 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Murray is the only one who has the size issue hanging over his head (literally).  Anyone with eyes knows the 5'10" measurement was questionable at best. 

I honestly think that he used some form of traction for several days, maybe weeks, leading up to the combine and most probably was using it until not long before he had to go to be measured.

All people are tallest when they first wake up and then your body slowly settles throughout the day and you are shortest right before going to sleep. But in addition to this, traction can help stretch you to your limit before you start that process. What I don't know is whether it can be painful or make it difficult to perform athletic activities. If so, I could see how any running or throwing might have produced less-than-stellar results, so gaining wait and being stretched before the combine were his two biggest requirements, and he "passed" them. At his Pro Day, it was throwing the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Yes, RGIII tore his ACL twice in college (or high school and college). Then he had a coach who left him in a game when he was injured because the coach only cared about his own job, not his franchise QB. That won't happen to Murray. He's been healthy and he won't risk his career for a stupid coach.

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Never in the history of the NFL have QBs been as protected as they are now.

Murray will get dinged around a bit, but he'll be fine and most likely have a 10+ year career. Any comparison to VY or the flagrant headshots that Cam Newton had to endure even two years ago are completely irrelevant. Murray is going to play well and piss us off for a long time. Sorry to disappoint.

52 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Murray is going to play well and piss us off for a long time. Sorry to disappoint.

Doubtful.  There might be one team in the NFL that spreads it out anywhere close to the degree that OU did for Murray.  He's going to be facing pass rushes in much tighter spaces in the pocket.  I suppose this will give him plenty of opportunities to slide for a sack.  As for the protection of the rules, we'll see how much defenders like Suh respect that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sushihorn said:

Doubtful.  There might be one team in the NFL that spreads it out anywhere close to the degree that OU did for Murray.  He's going to be facing pass rushes in much tighter spaces in the pocket.  I suppose this will give him plenty of opportunities to slide for a sack.  As for the protection of the rules, we'll see how much defenders like Suh respect that.

Yes we will. 

Is Suh  going to resign with the Rams?

Is he going to actually play better than he did in 2018?

If he is with the Rams, he'll have to make sure that he isn't already suspended for the Cardinals matchups.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Yes we will. 

If he is with the Rams, he'll have to make sure that he isn't already suspended for the Cardinals matchups.

It's not as if Suh is the only guy who plays defense that way.  He's just the most blatant about it.  And do you really want to hang your hat on the assumption that the Cardinals are going to waste their pick on Kyler Murray and Suh will already be suspended when they meet?

Also it will be interesting to see if KK installs the double wide line splits and how effective that blocking scheme will be with NFL rules and refs.  If the OL can't hold blatantly, pass pro breaks down pretty badly with that alignment.

Edited by sushihorn

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

He hasn't been injury prone but I could totally see a huge DL take him down and land on him, breaking a collarbone or worse. He's not big enough to shrug off hits like Cam Newton or the Rapist. 

Hell, he couldn't shrug off a bear hug from one of Vics cholas.

• Like 1

I honestly think that he used some form of traction for several days, maybe weeks, leading up to the combine and most probably was using it until not long before he had to go to be measured.
All people are tallest when they first wake up and then your body slowly settles throughout the day and you are shortest right before going to sleep. But in addition to this, traction can help stretch you to your limit before you start that process. What I don't know is whether it can be painful or make it difficult to perform athletic activities. If so, I could see how any running or throwing might have produced less-than-stellar results, so gaining wait and being stretched before the combine were his two biggest requirements, and he "passed" them. At his Pro Day, it was throwing the ball.

Worked for Barney Fife
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Yes we will. 

Kyler is going to have to take hits. If he leaves plays on the field because he's avoiding hits, he will get called out on it at multiple levels.