Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

Murray is really good, but what takes them to the next level is that Lincon Riley is about 5 years ahead of everyone in terms of what he's doing on offense.  Look how many times OU receivers catch the ball with nobody within 5-10 yards of them.  He's a master of finding spaces/holes in coverage and exploiting them.

He's doing now what Dana Holgorsen was doing in like 2008-10, in terms of just being way ahead of everyone else.  He's out there playing chess against a bunch of checker-playing DCs.

Fucking OU...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I think the issue with Kyler moving forward is him playing at that level for a full season, One good hit and he is fucked and he still scrambles too much instead of being patient. But that also is his strength. Saturday will be a better test for him and hopefully UCLA brings one good hit that knocks the midget down.

12 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Murray is really good, but what takes them to the next level is that Lincon Riley is about 5 years ahead of everyone in terms of what he's doing on offense.  Look how many times OU receivers catch the ball with nobody within 5-10 yards of them.  He's a master of finding spaces/holes in coverage and exploiting them.

He's doing now what Dana Holgorsen was doing in like 2008-10, in terms of just being way ahead of everyone else.  He's out there playing chess against a bunch of checker-playing DCs.

Fucking OU...

Stop trying. With our results Saturday some are unable to be rational. And they refuse to see that this is still the college game. Where a mismatch can very easily be exploited if everyone is paying attention (take note Beck).

And unlike the NFL where all 11 defenders are fucking fast and can run to the ball. There are weaknesses in every single college team. The second the ou spotter sees a possible advantage based on personnel, or a substitution he will radio down to Riley.

11 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Load the box, force 25+ throws, see if Kyler is accurate with the receivers on the field... Keep Anderson in check and there's a chance the game is closer than predicted...

Keeping Anderson in check, easier said than done.   He was held under 80 yards once last season (as a starter) and it was against Kansas.  But yeah keep him in check sure you have a chance.  Then again you'd have to keep Sermon in check too.  Honestly with that Oline I am not sure more than a small handful of teams have a Dline who would be capable of that.

As far as challenging Murray to throw- he did complete 27 of his last 32 passes so it would appear that accuracy isn't his downfall.

3 hours ago, Greg Focker said:

Keeping Anderson in check, easier said than done.   He was held under 80 yards once last season (as a starter) and it was against Kansas.  But yeah keep him in check sure you have a chance.  Then again you'd have to keep Sermon in check too.  Honestly with that Oline I am not sure more than a small handful of teams have a Dline who would be capable of that.

As far as challenging Murray to throw- he did complete 27 of his last 32 passes so it would appear that accuracy isn't his downfall.

Played 1 game against FAU and your ready to give him the Heisman. Fuck let him play a halfway mediocre defense before you jump on the Murray wagon. 

I watched the OU/FAU game this morning.  OU's line didn't look particularly good--even against FAU's overmatched (and very young D).  Our issue with them last year was them busting us on long runs (other than that one goddamn Mark Andrews wheel route).  I feel more confident in our ability to do that this year than last year.

30 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I watched the OU/FAU game this morning.  OU's line didn't look particularly good--even against FAU's overmatched (and very young D).  Our issue with them last year was them busting us on long runs (other than that one goddamn Mark Andrews wheel route).  I feel more confident in our ability to do that this year than last year.

Yeah, if Riley has a month to prepare he can make almost any DC look silly. But week in and out, this might work in favor of teams with a decent to good D line. 

6 hours ago, Greg Focker said:

YOu could be right. but I will wait & see what results from contest with UCLA & Texas...

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

As far back as I can remember, more often than not, UT plays to a tremendous level against OU, except for one 5 year stretch...

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, kopp0e said:

YOu could be right. but I will wait & see what results from contest with UCLA & Texas...

As far back as I can remember, more often than not, UT plays to a tremendous level against OU, except for one 5 year stretch...

IF you are playing wait and see,  you probably wont learn  much from him playing ucla or texas!   I'd say what we've seen so far gives us a hint as to what he can do.  And we'll really see if the game is on the line and it's on him what he can do.  But that athleticism opens up a whole other dimension for OU. So far he's undefeated, which is more than others can say. 

• Fuck You 1

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, okiehorn said:

Played 1 game against FAU and your ready to give him the Heisman. Fuck let him play a halfway mediocre defense before you jump on the Murray wagon. 

Where in my post was I trying to give him the Heisman? Surely you're not exaggerating!  All I said about him was that he's completed 27 of his last 32 passes and I guess somehow to you that's the same thing as anointing a Heisman upon a guy.

• Fuck You 1

He is going to win the Heisman

This. The field is pretty weak this year, and like oSuJeff said, Reilly is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Guys are wide fucking open half the time, he only needs to be kinda accurate. Add that he’s actually pretty talented, and Big XII defenses can’t keep up, he’ll easily take the Heisman, and might even win it all. They’ll definitely be undefeated and in the CFP. FML.

4 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

He will stumble at some point. It's like y'all don't remember how they choke in critical games. 

Texas' new strategy - hope and wait for better teams to make mistakes so we feel better about our own shitty team.

*just busting your chops BigHorn, you are 100% correct.  Just pisses me off how far we've fallen.  We "hope" OU stumbles.  How about we go out and punch them in their F-ing mouth and take the game.  Something we haven't done in almost a decade.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Texas' new strategy - hope and wait for better teams to make mistakes so we feel better about our own shitty team.

*just busting your chops BigHorn, you are 100% correct.  Just pisses me off how far we've fallen.  We "hope" OU stumbles.  How about we go out and punch them in their F-ing mouth and take the game.  Something we haven't done in almost a decade.  

These things are quite cyclical, at some point Texas will be in position as was in the early/ mid 2000's under Mack Brown... Too much talent in Texas not to be the case...

On 9/8/2018 at 4:35 PM, Hank_Hill said:

We would kill for him in our offense 

I’d kill for their offense even with our QBs. It’s a plug and play and even our ding dongs would be successful in it. Maybe not as good as Murray or Mayfield, but they’d be way better than they are in the shitshow we are running here.